I posted most of the following in the midst of a different thread. However, I wanted to start a thread where not only list, but elaborate on all the reasons why BB10 stands above the rest. It I'd my firm belief that BB10 outshines the competition. And while I've read a number of threads that list things that are cool about it, they tend to list the features rather than the benefits.

Hopefully, some curious readers from other operating systems can happen upon this thread that will not only list neat features but explain the benefits those features offer to their day to day lives.

BB10 shines in so many ways! No, not in specs, but the amount of amazing, integrated features that come with a BB10 device out-of-the-box are more than just a few.

Every operating system sincerely lacks a functional file manager. Yet, we have one that not only functions, but let's you zip things, integrates cloud storages, and runs Remote Access to your desktop. That's four different third-party apps on any other device. And while Ghost Manager (a popular android solution to this problem) may be functional at a basic level, it is a visual disaster. Compare it to the visually well defined and highly functional, multipurpose file manager and you'll see there is no competition.

Did I already mention Remote Access? Good. I'll do it again because it kicks all sorts of booty. I haven't opened my laptop in weeks, yet I torrent on it remotely and push the content to my phone wirelessly thanks to Remote Access. I edit documents on the fly. Hell, last week I needed to update an Excel document on my PC in Victoria, and I did... yet I was in Calgary. no clouds. No third parties. Direct, remote, access.

The keyboard! And I'm talking virtual keyboard here. There is NO other virtual keyboard on any other device straight out of the box that even rivals this one. Maybe some third party keyboards might give it a run for its money, but I'd be willing to see them (Fleksy and BB10) go head to head. I'd put money on BB10 coming out on top. Every android keyboard lags like trying to game in dialup. No lag here. Just fluid, fast typing.

The HUB, sure. That's an obvious one. But the PRIORITY HUB?! An amazing feature that saves me from having to pilfer through my emails and texts and BBMs to find what matters most to me. Maybe you haven't explored it, but the customised rule maker for priority HUB? The coolest thing since the ice age. Have a project you're working on? Then make a rule where all emails that have certain keywords pertaining to the project be automatically marked priority. Have a needy girlfriend? Have it mark all correspondence of any type be designated priority.

While android has quick settings (as does iOS now, and as will Windows Phone 8.1), does anyone else's quick settings offer more than just an on/off switch? With ours we get to use the on off switch (touching the icon) OR go directly into the correct settings menu by tapping the words. When another OS wants you to go to the settings for display or for networks or for bluetooth, it's like 3 menus deep once you get into the settings app. For us? One swipe down, tap "Bluetooth" or "Networks" or whatever you want. Direct access to the settings menu you need.

Speaking of quick things. Instant Action replies! What? I can be playing Fieldrunners 2, get a text, and respond to it without leaving the game?! I'm editing a document and a buddy wants me to tell him when I'll be heading over? No sweat, I'll just reply right then and there and be back to my document without having ever left.

BBM Natural Sound is not a marketing gimmick. It actually sounds way way better than any other voice calling feature on any platform (FaceTime included. Believe me, I've sat the two down side by side and tested). My gf is on another continent right now. When I call her it costs a fortune. When we Skype it looks and sounds like crap, no matter the wifi connection. But when we BBM Voice call? It is crystal clear. Clearer than a local phone call. I can hear everything she says... and does...

Don't just list features, list the benefits. Let's see how many we can bust out. When has Bb10 saved your bacon? What OS features result in you having a better day. Let's hear your stories!

Short Stories and Similar Submissions, a Channel dedicated to creative writing and constructive critique C003CC54C. Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    singhvikas101 and kruzli like this.
    06-11-14 12:44 AM
    read this in the other thread. Nice list!
    06-11-14 06:34 AM
    The Bedside mode is a great utility
    BB travel (i havent used it, but i am sure for the frequent travellers it should be a boon)
    Smart-tags : It created virtual contact card (although other OS can have this but BB10 has it by default).
    Camera - how can we forget this one!! the time shift mode
    06-11-14 06:48 AM