I have a Z10 and recently switched to a Z30 with Verizon Wireless. I have taken a few photos with both devices that turned out okay. I see lots of great pictures posted on CB 10, and I would like tips to help me take better pictures. I'm unfamiliar with the various camera settings and when to use them. I have very little photography knowledge, so any tips or resources you could suggest would be greatly appreciated.

[URL="bbmc:C0018C14B"] Join C0018C14B [/ URL] She, Me, Her: I am Woman ~ VZW Z30 ~ Posted via CB 10
    04-23-14 03:52 PM
    Scene mode can help with low light, snow or action, but I usually use auto. Locking focus by long pressing the focus box, when on the intended target, can allow more creativity in composition. HDR is very useful with still objects, when you need to level out contrast, like when there's bright light behind the object of interest. Aiming towards a darker area, then returning quickly to take your shot can help with picture brightness too. Those are the basics.
    04-23-14 05:21 PM
    Like with everything, practice helps. Try taking the same shot using the different setting options to see how they do. Look at the pictures on a larger screen if possible, it helps to show the true capture. I mostly use Auto but sometimes the others are useful, especially HDR and Burst. There is an option in the Camera Settings to also save the original when shooting HDR. That way you don't have to take two shots and you've got one if the HDR doesn't come out well.

Hold the camera as still as possible. If you can put it on or against a stationary object, that will help keep it from moving. Some people like to slowly exhale as they are about to shoot. You can use the Vol keys to snap the shot. For me, it is a much easier way to engage the shutter without moving the phone. Tapping the glass can sometimes cause movement.

You can move the focus box around the screen. This is a great way to balance the exposure. If the pic looks like it is going to be too bright, move the focus to a darker spot in the frame and let it adjust. and vice-versa.
    04-23-14 07:45 PM
    Nearby photos are the best. Like 10cm from the phone

Visit GTR Lifestyle @ C001247FA
    04-24-14 03:55 AM
    Thanks for the tips!

[URL="bbmc:C0018C14B"] Join C0018C14B [/ URL] She, Me, Her: I am Woman ~ VZW Z30 ~ Posted via CB 10
    04-24-14 11:37 AM