Hi all,

I have an SD card on my blackberry z10 with lots of my music on it, and for some reason, many songs show up incorrectly. Sometimes the album title is incorrect, sometimes each song from the same album shows up as separate entries, and l have about 40 or so songs that show up as 'unknown'. Mind you, all the correct information is entered on all the MP3 song files. I've tried fiddling around with this repeatedly but can't figure it out. Help!
    03-19-14 01:11 AM
    Hi all,

I have an SD card on my blackberry z10 with lots of my music on it, and for some reason, many songs show up incorrectly. Sometimes the album title is incorrect, sometimes each song from the same album shows up as separate entries, and l have about 40 or so songs that show up as 'unknown'. Mind you, all the correct information is entered on all the MP3 song files. I've tried fiddling around with this repeatedly but can't figure it out. Help!
    Howe big is the SD card, and is it branded or a cheaper online one?
    03-19-14 07:05 AM
    I had an issue like this that I solved using mp3tag. Whenever I had songs come up as "unknown" I noticed that the tags were in both id3 v1 and v2 format. Once I removed the older v1 tags from the files my z10 properly read the correct data from the v2 tags.
    der_mit and RWB3325 like this.
    03-19-14 08:13 AM
    So it's a 64 gig SanDisk and I have tried removing the old tags but still no dice. I don't get it. I'm muddling through but would be nice to have things labelled correctly.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 02:44 PM
    Download dBpoweramp and remove all the ID Tags - maybe that will work?

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 03:34 PM
    What OS version is it?

Try a hard reset?

If anything sideload a different version of the music app?

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 12:30 AM
    So it seems the extended MP3 tags were the problem. I found some time to go through my MP3s using MP3tag and deleted them, and voil�! Everything shows up like a charm. It seems that when I would import CDs using iTunes, the extended tags it would add caused difficulty reading the files. FYI to anyone else with the same problem

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 04:30 PM