Well, I figure this will be the last time replying/checking this thread. Getting a bit out of the hand with some comments.

I just want to back up OP one more time regarding the feature he's looking for. Personally, I believe the feature he's looking for makes total sense. This "1-3 second" discussion seems to have gotten away from the original point. And OP, saying 3 seconds is too long is not helping our case. Simply put, we want a single click solution to locking our phones. Done. Quite frankly, as I mentioned before, the best solution would be to have a option to require a password as soon as the screen is locked. The current shortest is 1 min. Just add one more line "as soon as screen is locked", and we're golden. There's no sense getting into hypotheticals about leaving your phone at your desk, or running out to emergencies, or anything like that.

I'd love to get a one-click solution for locking my phone. Regardless of my reasons. Hopefully comes in a future update. If it doesn't, not the end of the world.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    Or even a "long press" option would be nice. Quick hit turns off the screen and a long press would lock the screen.

Posted via CB10
    Nels likes this.
    07-27-15 07:41 PM
    This is turning into "ban the person above you"

 Classic
    07-27-15 08:38 PM
    I think it's just going in circles, ideally it would be an option but the current BlackBerry 10 phones take 1/2 -2 1/2 seconds depending if its a physical keyboard phone or not

Posted with my  Classic
    07-27-15 10:42 PM
    I'm frustrated with BlackBerry's implementation of the device password.

95% of the time, I don't want a password set on my device - why? Because I can't have "manually lock only", I have to pick a timeframe for the device to auto-lock.

But there are times when I go somewhere that I do want to lock the device. I'd like to be able to set a password and only lock it when I want to lock it.

Just like a PC - my Windows has a password enabled and set, but the only time it asks me for it is when I turn it on. It isn't set to auto-lock after xx minutes. But at any time I can "WinKey+L" and lock it in a second. That's how I want the phone to treat the password locking.
    07-28-15 11:30 AM
    I'm frustrated with BlackBerry's implementation of the device password.

95% of the time, I don't want a password set on my device - why? Because I can't have "manually lock only", I have to pick a timeframe for the device to auto-lock.

But there are times when I go somewhere that I do want to lock the device. I'd like to be able to set a password and only lock it when I want to lock it.

Just like a PC - my Windows has a password enabled and set, but the only time it asks me for it is when I turn it on. It isn't set to auto-lock after xx minutes. But at any time I can "WinKey+L" and lock it in a second. That's how I want the phone to treat the password locking.
    I have mine set for an hour and that usually allows me to live like your ideal.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 08:06 PM
    I agree with the Original Poster and others who have amplified on his/her concern.

1. The lock button on the top of the device should "password lock" the phone if you have a password enabled on your phone. The fact that there are 2 different methods to lock the phone, one being a password lock and one being a simple screen lock is confusing in the extreme to the average, "layperson" user and even confused a lot of posters on this thread, many of whom are much more informed about the inner workings of Blackberry than the average user.

2. The end call button on the Classic should also password lock the phone with one press. The second prompt to choose between "cancel" "lock" and "restart" requires attention. I lock my phone 100 times per day, so I want to be able to lock my phone by muscle memory alone, particularly if Im driving or walking.

3. There should be a lock icon on the screen itself, like there was in the 9900. How hard is it to copy a feature that is already there in the 9900? The usefulness of the icon is that you do not have to take your fingers off the action row to lock the device. The Classic is a very heavy, tall and wide device. Any tapping the screen or reaching for the lock button on the top of the device requires manipulation of the device in your palm and it's annoying unless you are a male with large hands.

4. The K keyboard shortcut is cumbersome. As others have stated, it requires hunting and pecking for a small key at a time when I want to mindlessly press a conspicuous button and move on. Yes, the 2 seconds matters when you perform this function 100 times per day. More importantly, the annoyance factor of needing to look down at the phone to find the K key is notable. Yes, you can change the shortcut key to Q or P which are both easily locateable because they are on the periphery of the device. However, this just underscores the developers' failings. The developers need to fix this problem in the next release of the OS and pre-program a shortcut key that is conspicuous and easily locateable without having to look at your device. The point of writing all of this feedback is for the developers to use it, admit their mistakes and change stuff.

5. For those making light of these complaints, I say that none of this is the end of the world. But there isnt much new to add to smartphones these days, so engineers spend considerable attention on how to make phones faster and have better flow. After all, this is what BB10 and Blackberry Hub's entire stated goal is. So, for easily "password locking" the device, the developers have failed royaly. Completing this task in BB10 is one giant step back from the 9900. The developers need to be called out on this and they need to change it in the next release of the OS. Period.
    08-29-15 09:59 PM
    Pretty sure I posted this a million years ago in this thread that needs to die already, but Lock on Holster+Flip case = instant lock.

As soon as I close my Stilgut my phone instantly locks with password - takes .01 seconds and gives a satisfying slap, like when hanging up on someone with a flip phone :lol:.

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    08-29-15 10:09 PM
    Pretty sure I posted this a million years ago in this thread that needs to die already, but Lock on Holster+Flip case = instant lock.

As soon as I close my Stilgut my phone instantly locks with password - takes .01 seconds and gives a satisfying slap, like when hanging up on someone with a flip phone :lol:.

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    Puck: Your answer assumes that everyone carries a holster or a Stilgut. I dont and many others dont either. This isnt a universal fix. This thread doesnt need to die. The more posters who agree that this needs to be changed, the merrier. In this way, Blackberry engineers will actually take note and fix the issue, instead of shrugging it off as so many posters on this thread are foolishly encouraging them to do.
    08-29-15 10:33 PM
    When I don't want anyone to access my phone I put it back into my pocket. That didn't require me to blindly search for a key to long press nor did it require any sort of special contortions. LOL. But yes in fact I use a case with a magnet in the front cover that locks the phone. Simple and easy.

Passport SQW 100-1 OS 10.3.2.2339 Winnipeg,MB
    08-29-15 11:59 PM
    There really shouldn't be a debate about this.

BlackBerry should add the option to password lock "Instantly" to the existing list of timeout options.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 06:39 PM
    The irony of all this is that on my current Android 2nd phone you can't manually lock at all, at least not that I have found. All you get is turn the screen off until it times out. Many more pocket dials in 8 months with this phone than 2.5 years with z10 that lives in the other pocket.
    08-30-15 06:50 PM
    There really shouldn't be a debate about this.

BlackBerry should add the option to password lock "Instantly" to the existing list of timeout options.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, it's that simple.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 07:38 PM
87 ... 234