I just measured it actually takes only 0.5 second before the lock button appears and another 0.25 second to reach and press the virtual lock button. This is because my Z30 has the power button on top and the lock button on the bottom on the screen so I need two hands. If you have a bigger hand it is possible to use only one hand to do this and then you can save that 0.25 second.

Posted via Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.876
    niss63 likes this.
    07-24-15 01:01 AM
    I just measured it actually takes only 0.5 second before the lock button appears and another 0.25 second to reach and press the virtual lock button. This is because my Z30 has the power button on top and the lock button on the bottom on the screen so I need two hands. If you have a bigger hand it is possible to use only one hand to do this and then you can save that 0.25 second.

It takes exactly 1 second, not half.
    And yes that is too long... and having it as a 2 step process is more trouble.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-15 02:53 AM
    It takes exactly 1 second, not half.
    And yes that is too long... and having it as a 2 step process is more trouble.

Posted via CB10
    If you argue that one second is too long, that's a losing argument

Posted with my  Classic
    D3C0D3R, der_mit, niss63 and 2 others like this.
    07-24-15 03:02 AM
    On keyboard device hold K on home screen

In Squircle I Trust
    I'd like to be able to assign the space bar as the shortcut key for locking as it's a large button at the bottom of my Q10.

Q10 - 10.3.2.2339/SR .2226  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    07-24-15 07:17 AM
    You should always carry your phone with you, locked or not locked.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-15 07:31 AM
    You used to be able to change the setting on the button between the volume. How do you do that again?

Posted via CB10
    This was never possible as far as I know. It's only for controlling music and the BlackBerry assistant.
    Though many have asked for this option.
    That's a legacy setting, was only on BBOS devices! (BBOS 5/6/7)

Posted via CB10
    While generally I agree with you, I understand where OP is coming from.

When you work in a controlled secure-access area, you generally don't worry about theft of stuff as you know the other 11 people in your area. The main issue comes down to privacy where you don't want them to look at your phone as they come by or the like.

Praise be unto our Lord, Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    07-24-15 11:32 AM

Posted via CB10
    Agree - it is a mobile phone.

Thank you.

 Classic
    07-24-15 01:22 PM
    I wonder about people that ask to see your phone, or people that hand over their phone. Phones have personal information on them. I would expect the phone to be locked before handing it over.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-15 09:56 PM
    I wonder about people that ask to see your phone, or people that hand over their phone. Phones have personal information on them. I would expect the phone to be locked before handing it over.

Posted via CB10
    Tom Brady agrees with you

Posted with my  Classic
    niss63 likes this.
    07-24-15 10:26 PM
    Use the long press of the power button simple. And if you want a faster way to input a password just use picture password. This thread is ridiculous

BBM: 2BE320B5 CHANNEL: C00121E43
    niss63 and DarkJoker33 like this.
    07-25-15 03:31 AM
    If you don't wanna carry your phone with you put it in your phone case or phone holster that's attached to your belt and it will automatically lock your phone when setup to.

BBM: 2BE320B5 CHANNEL: C00121E43
    niss63 and epee like this.
    07-25-15 03:33 AM
    For anyone coming into this late, OP's question was solved with the first response.

Posted with my  Classic
    07-25-15 04:19 AM
    How about long press the K key to lock the device on the go?
    This is one of the standard and default shortcut way to lock-out of the device.
    Can't see the point of the OP

And yes as other's did mentioned before, sliding the mobile in to a BB cover with magnetic option lock the device in an instant.
    Another cheating option is the app ProtectMe in conjunction with a Pebble, as soon the device loosing contact to the Pebble watch, the device will lock it self.
    Any snatching of the open unlocked device resulting in an automatic lock down further than 10m away of the Pebble.

Posted via -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.2.+
    Last edited by hobgoblin1961; 07-25-15 at 05:35 AM.
    JAS0NB0URNE likes this.
    07-25-15 05:24 AM
    How about long press the K key to lock the device on the go?
    This is one of the standard and default way to lock-out of the device.
    Can't see the point of the OP

And yes as other's did mentioned before, sliding the mobile in to a BB cover with magnetic option lock the device in an instant.
    Another cheating option is the app ProtectMe in conjunction with a Pebble, as soon the device loosing contact to the Pebble watch, de device will lock it self.

Posted via -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.2.+
    K key was mentioned in first reply to OP, which solved his issue

Posted with my  Classic
    07-25-15 05:34 AM
    Blackberry is useless, why must I press any buttons to lock my phone? It should be able to read my brainwaves and automatically lock itself as soon as I think about doing it! Even waiting 0.01 seconds is too long. *he said sarcastically*

Why Blackberry? Because I can!
    07-25-15 08:34 AM
    Thanks you guys for helping me clarify the issue. This is a serious problem, especially for Blackberry as the company claim its phone is the most secured phone.

I love Blackberry, I used BB9000/9900/Q5/Z30 and now Passport. I also use Android and IOS phone before, Note 2, S5, iPhone 3/4s/5s/6plus. Most of the time I carry two phones as Blackberry OS doesn't have apps that I need. To be honest, Blackberry 10 is the only OS that I feel "unsecured" because of this issue. If you care your data, report / request to fix this issue. There are many chances that someone can get your phone without your permission before it locked itself. Don't say just press and hold and press again to lock your phone. It's too much trouble in today's world. One click and lock right away is the only acceptable solution.
    07-25-15 01:16 PM
    By the way, I can assign the Z key to lock my Passport when the phone is at Home screen. At least this solve my issue temporarily. Hope Blackberry can let us choose to Password Lock our device by ONE click, not press and hold, the power button.

Thanks GP540 again.
    Last edited by epee; 07-25-15 at 01:26 PM. Reason: add
    07-25-15 01:23 PM
    Thanks you guys for helping me clarify the issue. This is a serious problem, especially for Blackberry as the company claim its phone is the most secured phone.

I love Blackberry, I used BB9000/9900/Q5/Z30 and now Passport. I also use Android and IOS phone before, Note 2, S5, iPhone 3/4s/5s/6plus. Most of the time I carry two phones as Blackberry OS doesn't have apps that I need. To be honest, Blackberry 10 is the only OS that I feel "unsecured" because of this issue. If you care your data, report / request to fix this issue. There are many chances that someone can get your phone without your permission before it locked itself. Don't say just press and hold and press again to lock your phone. It's too much trouble in today's world. One click and lock right away is the only acceptable solution.
    No it is not a serious problem. The only problem seems to be a conspiracy theorist with OCD issues.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    07-25-15 01:31 PM
    Thanks for your attention.

"Yeah this feature has been around forever on both ios and android.. and I'm sure it takes a maximum of 3 lines of code to implement. They choose not to for some reason."

Compared to my iPhone 6plus and Apple Watch, which can be locked by one click, my Passport seems not so secure...

No it is not a serious problem. The only problem seems to be a conspiracy theorist with OCD issues.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    07-25-15 01:39 PM

If you must leave your phone somewhere, if you can't be bothered for ONE second to lock your device, you are the one with a serious problem. Only a loved one whose life is in danger or worse would have me rushing out of a room without one second to spare.

Posted with my  Classic
    07-25-15 03:17 PM

I can only imagine the drama when you discover the difficulty and time required to unlock your phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 07:40 PM

How don't you have apps..? You know we've got the entire Google Play store on here basically, right?

Praise be unto our Lord, Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    07-26-15 09:26 AM
    You can't spare one second to lock the phone, but you're willing to leave your phone unattended...

07-26-15 09:42 AM
    I would like it so that after hitting the lock icon the screen would go black immediately rather than show the lock screen for a bit. I've taken it out of my pocket after a while and somehow I've gone through the 5 attempts at the picture password and now have to enter the number password.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 02:36 PM
    I have a small magnetic money clip as part of my wallet. If I ever want to quickly and discreetly lock my phone, I wave it over my wallet. (lock on holster is enabled)

I suggest getting a small magnet.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339 CB10
    07-26-15 06:07 PM
87 1234