Listen, I love my phone and I understand blackberry makes the Facebook app but let's be serious. We're getting close to the three month mark that the z10's been out and no Facebook update or even news of one?

It is the most important 3rd party app for most people and will be the first thing people go to when starting up their new BB10. Does anyone have any info about an update at all? I can only be of the mind that "It does the job well enough" for so long.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 10:04 AM
    What is it that this Facebook can't do and others (platform) can?

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 10:06 AM
    For one... chat

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 10:08 AM
    I chat on mine either from the app or from the hub.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 10:09 AM
    and two.. when clicking on a video link in Facebook you can't watch in landscape only portrait.

Someone would say these are minor and it would have been a month or so ago. But we're almost 3 months in.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 10:10 AM
    Cjcampbell, you inbox msg. It's not as instant as chat. The hub notifications are often delayed by minutes.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 10:11 AM
    Cjcampbell, you inbox msg. It's not as instant as chat. The hub notifications are often delayed by minutes.

Posted via CB10
    I've had chats while sitting at my computer with Facebook open and the delay is about 5-10 seconds from the time I see the message appear on the computer to when my phone dings with the notification

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 10:13 AM
    All I'm saying is for some people its fine but it's obviously not to standard. Just check the reviews on blackberry world its immediately noticeable. If it was good enough people would say so, it's not and the new platform argument is thin considering most if not all my other apps have seen multiple updates and are amazing.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 10:21 AM
    It's an app that people use multiple times a day. It should be a priority. Even just a timeline so I have something to go on of when it will see an update.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 10:23 AM
    My largest complaint is that I cannot chose which folder to upload a picture to. I just use touch.facebook.com and it's WAY better than any FB app I've ever used.
    04-20-13 10:23 AM
    I didn't say it's great but just responding to your claim of not being able to chat. Yes, there are missing features that need to be addressed

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 10:25 AM
    That's what I'm saying, it needs to be improved and I'm hoping anyone has heard anything about when that might happen.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 10:30 AM
    First of all, let's set the record straight. It did receive one update on March 28 but I agree, it does need an nice update to allow you to set the order of the news feed to most recent (without having to do it on the website), the ability to set which folder to upload a picture to, and to make the app work 100% of the time. My news feed goes down every other day and stops working; the rest of the app continues to work except no news feed and then a day later starts working again.
    04-20-13 10:43 AM