Unless there is a timebomb in our phones ready to screw up people's sensors, lighting and dialing... how else do you expect everyone have issues the same day.

On top of it BlackBerry confirmed that it is an issue from their end and that they fixed it

Unless they figured out a way to send invisible people to screw around with our phones it's a sure bet data is being taken and received from our phones to BlackBerry servers and vice versa.

BlackBerry Protect can remotely control your phone, if you check in contacts BlackBerry now keeps your contact info in the cloud and they send "anonymous" data for "statistics". BlackBerry world also has targeted ads feature which only means they are mining your data.

So BlackBerry has become another google. No longer can BlackBerry users claim our data is safer on BlackBerry 10 than competitors.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 08:55 AM
    And the even better news is that whenever this issue comes up again, as it has twice already, you can temporarily fix the broken feature by turning off another feature. Oh my goodness. :'@

Posted via my BlackBerry Zeadache
    12-19-13 10:26 AM
    And the even better news is that whenever this issue comes up again, as it has twice already, you can temporarily fix the broken feature by turning off another feature. Oh my goodness. :'@

Yeah, it's great. Ain't it?

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 10:48 AM
    Unless there is a timebomb in our phones ready to screw up people's sensors, lighting and dialing... how else do you expect everyone have issues the same day.

On top of it BlackBerry confirmed that it is an issue from their end and that they fixed it

Unless they figured out a way to send invisible people to screw around with our phones it's a sure bet data is being taken and received from our phones to BlackBerry servers and vice versa.

BlackBerry Protect can remotely control your phone, if you check in contacts BlackBerry now keeps your contact info in the cloud and they send "anonymous" data for "statistics". BlackBerry world also has targeted ads feature which only means they are mining your data.

So BlackBerry has become another google. No longer can BlackBerry users claim our data is safer on BlackBerry 10 than competitors.

Posted via CB10
    Not sure how you can come to that conclusion with a sensor calibration issue.

Sensors are very sensitive to geographic locations. Take the magnetic field for instance: certain areas in the world depending on the altitude and location, will throw off your compass by a few degree if not well calibrated.

so if a servers sends out totally erratic calibration numbers, the sensors would go heywire. Such as trying to decide a number by 0.... try that on your calculator.

So the rest is all coding. Most sensor coding are probably all linked in a same process... so it end up affected.

So again, not sure how you come from a sensor issue to BlackBerry spying on your phone! If they are spying, you wont know it. Spying is watching what you do on your phone, not sending info that will screw up your phone!

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 01:37 PM
    If that was the cause how come we have only encountered this issue with BlackBerry 10 and no other platform or previous BlackBerry OS.

Why sensors need to be calibrated remotely just shows how much access BlackBerry has to your phone.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 01:55 PM
    Exactly, and if they go belly up, so does your phone.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 01:58 PM
    It always amazes me how quickly people who don't understand how stuff works can invent problems that support their own personal agenda rather than taking the time to find out what is really going on.

Posted via CB10
    der_mit likes this.
    12-19-13 02:54 PM
    Well fact is that the phone's sensors rely on a remote server. If remote server ceases to exist because company who owns it goes bankrupt, phone likely remains halfway useless because no more server it can connect to for the sensors to get calibration or whatever from.
    Impossible scenario? Perhaps...perhaps not.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 03:05 PM
    Well fact is that the phone's sensors rely on a remote server. If remote server ceases to exist because company who owns it goes bankrupt, phone likely remains halfway useless because no more server it can connect to for the sensors to get calibration or whatever from.
    Impossible scenario? Perhaps...perhaps not.

Posted via CB10
    Easy to test. Put the phone in airplane mode and restart it. See if the sensors are useless without contact with the server.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 03:37 PM
    If that was the cause how come we have only encountered this issue with BlackBerry 10 and no other platform or previous BlackBerry OS.

Why sensors need to be calibrated remotely just shows how much access BlackBerry has to your phone.

Posted via CB10
    Buy a Tom Tom GPS and you'll see it needs calibration. Buy an airplane and you'll see it needs calibration.

The phone will still work if the sensors are not calibrated regularly, but it works much faster with calibration.

I still don't understand how calibrating sensor means that they are listening to your phone or reading your messages.

Posted via CB10
    der_mit likes this.
    12-19-13 05:03 PM
    When BlackBerry needs to tweak something regarding a sensor on your phone instead of a minor update they can change this data in their server. Everyone phones checks this sensor information daily. If the data on the server corrupts. Your phone corrupts. If the server is shut down and disappears your phones sensors will remain in the last known state. I believe a lot of the current sensor issues and data corruption are due to upcoming OS changes regarding Android applications. I hope they figure out a way to stop it from effecting so many people.
    12-19-13 05:19 PM
    Another funny thing is that it seems to affect a random number of people in random places on earth. How come not everybody has the issue?

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 05:43 PM
    Another funny thing is that it seems to affect a random number of people in random places on earth. How come not everybody has the issue?

Posted via CB10
    It would only affect those whose devices grabbed data from the server when the server is providing bad data.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 05:48 PM
    It would only affect those whose devices grabbed data from the server when the server is providing bad data.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I didn't have any problem when i saw this thread. But I wanted to test it, so I opened my GPS and my compass and problem started soon after.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 07:55 PM
    BlackBerry is just the same thing as an oldtimer...

you love it, it's exclusive and sometimes it has its stupid (repairable) flaws..

but you always love it for some reason haha

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 04:44 AM
    I'm still having issues on mine with the rotation sensor. Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803 on Tigers. Anyone else having issues still?

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 12:18 AM
    I'm still having issues on mine with the rotation sensor. Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803 on Tigers. Anyone else having issues still?

Posted via CB10
    I had them on both occasions. This time when the issues vanished, since then rotation seems less responsive. It's entirely possible that it's in my head so I'll just float that out there in case anyone else has a similar situation.

12-22-13 12:58 AM
    I also meant Rogers, not tigers hahaha.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 09:40 AM

Posted via CB10
    Turn of your location services and restart your device. It'll fix your problem.
    12-23-13 06:50 PM
    Tried the location services off and restarted. Still no orientation.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 09:56 PM
    Guys I'm still having issues with my Z10

I'm on .429
    Does installing a newer OS solve this? What else can I do? The 1st time the problem appeared I disabled the position in BBM and got fixed but then came back :/ please help me.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 07:32 AM
    My software is .429 as well. Could it be an issue in this update?

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 10:35 AM
97 ... 234