Hi,
    On Q10 OS10.1 > Anybody have the issue when they from home-screen key in 'mail wife', for example, and choose the 'mail-wife-email' from the search result list and get the mail compose window, that your sending-from account is missing? Which will result in your mail not being send and it just stays there like it's trying to send until you cancel it?
    I only have one account on the phone, a gmail one.
    When I send an email from the Hub by pressing new and selecting my gmail account all is well, cuz there is a sending (my from-gmail) account.
    When I share something by email, it also nicely has the sending account and sending is smooth and instant.
    Basically it doesn't catch my sending-from account when using instant action and search I guess.
    Did I miss a setting? is it a bug?

Thanks,
    Thor
    Last edited by toc610; 10-02-13 at 04:36 AM.
    10-02-13 02:33 AM
    Hi,
    On Q10 OS10.1 > Anybody have the issue when they from home-screen key in 'mail wife', for example, and choose the 'mail-wife-email' from the search result list and get the mail compose window, that your sending-from account is missing? Which will result in your mail not being send and it just stays there like it's trying to send until you cancel it?
    I only have one account on the phone, a gmail one.
    When I send an email from the Hub by pressing new and selecting my gmail account all is well, cuz there is a sending (my from-gmail) account.
    When I share something by email, it also nicely has the sending account and sending is smooth and instant.
    Basically it doesn't catch my sending-from account when using instant action and search I guess.
    Did I miss a setting? is it a bug?

Thanks,
    Thor
    I am seeing the same on the Z10 with the official OS from Verizon. It stalls when I tap SEND. The "account" (I gather for outgoing) is blank. And I cannot edit that field. All I can do is CANCEL.
    10-03-13 12:11 AM
    10.2 on a Z10 here and it's not doing that.

It may not help at all, but check your defaults. Maybe the Q10 needs to be told which email to use (even though there is only one). Just type default accounts.
    10-03-13 05:33 AM
    I have a DEFAULT email set up. If I do the Search as suggested and initiate the email, the "account" shows a BLANK that canNOT be edited in any way. Then it Stalls on trying to send. But if I go to my Contacts and initiate an email from there (for the same person), the Top Line is filled in with my Default address but there's also a drop-drop and I could change it to one of my other email accounts (that are set up). Again, some version of 10.1 - the official from Verizon and on a Z10.
    10-03-13 08:28 AM
    It's been discussed here before. It is a bug and quite a big one since BlackBerry put so much emphasis on the "direct action" feature. But it will be solved once OS 10.2 comes out.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 08:52 AM
    The problem can be partially solved by only typing "email" instead of "email +name/contact" and than adding the contact manually after.
    Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    10-03-13 09:05 AM
    The problem can be partially solved by only typing "email" instead of "email +name/contact" and than adding the contact manually after.
    Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, that seems to work. And I don't think it requires anymore keystrokes since you still need to type the Contact's name either way.
    10-03-13 09:52 AM