Some Android apps have their event listeners configured such that the app is effectively "always on" when it doesn't need to be, hurting battery life. Killing such apps with Taskmanager or the like does no good because the app simply restarts with the next event.

In an Android context, the way to disable such things involves rooted apps like Autostarts, Autorun Manager, etc. that allow you to list and disable the event listeners associated with each app. There doesn't seem to be a concept of root-ing the BB10 Android Runtime, so these rooted apps won't run. Anyone figured out how to do this?
    07-17-16 05:21 AM
    Try Advanced Permission Manager in Google Play Store.
    Selectively disabling Android app event listeners in BB10 context?-img_20160717_122729.png

Posted via CB10
    07-17-16 05:29 AM
    An APK patcher to remove permissions... cute! I wish Cobalt's Gapps patcher worked like this.

But, I'm not so sure this fixes the "always on" problem. There's not a 1:1 correlation between even fine-grained app permissions and event handlers. Some apps need the perms they have to do what they do, but don't need to be on all the time. I don't want "changing networks" to cause the app to respawn but the app needs the network when in use.

Still... this is another useful tool in the tool chest. If I luck out, this might work out for my particular bother.
    07-17-16 12:00 PM