I cannot see this as an issue, especially for pictures. Just copy the folder, move to the new location then rename the folder.

What's the problem having folders within folders?

That's the basis of being organized.

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    What if you want the Camera or Pictures folders to stay where they are but want to move all the contents elsewhere? Those folders should probably stay where they are. Or what if you have 1000 pics in Camera that you want to move into a new folder called "June"?

The defense of a clearly missing feature here is odd. There should be a Select All. It's clearly an oversight. It's not the end of the world, but it's obviously missing. Let it go...

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 05:21 AM
    why do I want a camera folder under another camera folder? All the pics should be under one folder!

Posted via CB10
    I see what you mean. I thought the folder would show up when viewing pictures, but it only shows the viable format.
    Sorry my mistake.

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    06-08-15 05:24 AM
    This has been requested so much, on all suggestion platforms BlackBerry has used (email, ICMIB, Beta zone), I cannot believe it is an oversight. It almost h�s to be a concious choice not to put it in...

And I cannot think of any reason to justify it...

BlackBerry Passport signed @ Nintendo Social BBM Channel @ C001221B2
    06-08-15 05:48 AM
    This has been requested so much, on all suggestion platforms BlackBerry has used (email, ICMIB, Beta zone), I cannot believe it is an oversight. It almost h�s to be a concious choice not to put it in...

And I cannot think of any reason to justify it...

BlackBerry Passport signed @ Nintendo Social BBM Channel @ C001221B2
    So the app maker could make an app. I don't see any other reason for leaving it out.

It's a BlackBerry Z30 on Big Red and still on 10.2.1
    06-10-15 05:24 AM
    Well your tone is a bit ridiculous, you're getting upset over nothing.
    Explain to me why you can't move or delete the folder all the files are in instead of selecting all?

I mean are you asking for a solution or are you just complaining? We all said we agree that it would seem to be useful to have the feature but it's not there and that's the workaround. There's not much more to discuss really.

Sorry for the condescending tone but when people get so upset after so many people suggest a solution, as if we at crackberry are responsible for BlackBerry's development, that's not warranted either.
    The difference between select all or just moving the whole folder has already been explained several times in this thread. You're simply not reading. They are different. One is not a replacement for the other. BlackBerry has known about this missing feature for many generations of the software and can't or won't fix. Those are the facts.

And speaking of tone, it was you that went on the offensive first. The OP had a very reasonable request, and you attacked him for it.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-15 06:10 AM
    Another interesting one would be "Invert Selection". Use it quite frequently on my desktops / laptops, and I would certainly welcome it in BB10...

It would even allow for a "select all" workaround :
    Select one, then invert selection, select the one that's missing on top, and YOU CAUGHT THEM ALL...!

:-D

�   Pastaporto aglio e olio... Mmmhhh!   �
    Last edited by Prem WatsApp; 06-11-15 at 06:07 AM.
    06-11-15 04:37 AM
    Well your tone is a bit ridiculous, you're getting upset over nothing.
    Explain to me why you can't move or delete the folder all the files are in instead of selecting all?

I mean are you asking for a solution or are you just complaining? We all said we agree that it would seem to be useful to have the feature but it's not there and that's the workaround. There's not much more to discuss really.

Sorry for the condescending tone but when people get so upset after so many people suggest a solution, as if we at crackberry are responsible for BlackBerry's development, that's not warranted either.
    I'm not complaining. I'm simply agreeing with the OP that it's a missing feature.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-15 05:29 AM
32 12