I searched this forum found nothing. I'm in the file manager and want to move many files but want to make sure I'm not missing the select all toggle. Is there one? If not can anyone tell me why. Seams like a must have option for anyone who moves lots of files.

It's a BlackBerry Z30 on Big Red and still on 10.2.1
    05-31-15 08:05 AM
    hit the overflow menu and see if select all shows there. When I move photos i can choose as many as I want at one time
    05-31-15 08:11 AM
    You cannot select all at once.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 08:22 AM
    You cannot select all at once.

Posted via CB10
    ^ this. You can select more then tap the files you want then tap move and they will all be moved to where you choose.

Posted via CB10 - Z10 'Powered by BlackBerry'
    05-31-15 09:42 AM
    So if a person has 1000 pics he has to select one by one. That's lame. I'm sure my old BlackBerry 9850 and Storms could select all.

05-31-15 10:43 AM
    So if a person has 1000 pics he has to select one by one. That's lame. I'm sure my old BlackBerry 9850 and Storms could select all.

Take the 2 min to connect your mobile device to a computer and move them through the file browser on a dedicated computing device.

While I do agree there should be a "select all" function in the native file manager; you're just drowning in a glass of water by complaining about such a non-issue.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 01:10 PM
    Take the 2 min to connect your mobile device to a computer and move them through the file browser on a dedicated computing device.

While I do agree there should be a "select all" function in the native file manager; you're just drowning in a glass of water by complaining about such a non-issue.

Posted via CB10
    You mean it should be a non- issue but it is cause its not an option. I bet 50% who use a phone today have no computer. Only an issue if it's needed. I agree with you it should be there. We agree

ahmedhanif911 likes this.
    06-01-15 03:01 AM

Posted via CB10
    And such is life with BlackBerry, the land of workarounds.
    06-01-15 03:31 AM
    This is a funny one. Usually, if I think about it, I can come up with good reasons why certain features are not available on BlackBerry 10 devices - often either security or development priority related.
    Select all is an obvious feature which they have certainly looked at ... and decided to ignore. It could be argued that it is to protect the user against deleting all files accidentally, but then you can delete the folder, and anyway, there is always the undo toast.
    I can't figure it out.
    06-01-15 05:47 AM

Why don't you just delete the folder if you want to delete all? Or more the folder? Why is it too complicated to do that?

Why not have a select half option while we're at it... or a select 20!?

And no one cares about your whine about what your old phones could do.
    06-01-15 07:49 AM
    I searched this forum found nothing. I'm in the file manager and want to move many files but want to make sure I'm not missing the select all toggle. Is there one? If not can anyone tell me why. Seams like a must have option for anyone who moves lots of files.

You have to use PlayCloud from BBW.
    06-01-15 07:57 AM
    Select all feature-img_20150601_211247.png

I can.

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    06-01-15 08:13 AM
    Do any of you remember if BlackBerry OS7 had this feature. If I remember I had it on all my BlackBerry touch screen phones except z10 and Z30. No big deal. Just should be there but if an app does not be see what it's not included. BlackBerry needed apps when releasing BlackBerry 10 and that was one of the reason for no " select all"

06-01-15 02:59 PM
    This is a funny one. Usually, if I think about it, I can come up with good reasons why certain features are not available on BlackBerry 10 devices - often either security or development priority related.
    Select all is an obvious feature which they have certainly looked at ... and decided to ignore. It could be argued that it is to protect the user against deleting all files accidentally, but then you can delete the folder, and anyway, there is always the undo toast.
    I can't figure it out.
    Sloppiness and oversight is the obvious answer.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 06:16 AM
    Why don't you just delete the folder if you want to delete all? Or more the folder? Why is it too complicated to do that?

Why not have a select half option while we're at it... or a select 20!?

And no one cares about your whine about what your old phones could do.
    Your post is ridiculous. A Delete Half option? Give me a break. Delete All is a reasonable request. Your defensiveness and the tone of your post is not warranted.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BeetrootJulip; 06-02-15 at 06:57 AM.
    karswarnava likes this.
    06-02-15 06:23 AM
    You mean it should be a non- issue but it is cause its not an option. I bet 50% who use a phone today have no computer. Only an issue if it's needed. I agree with you it should be there. We agree

And of that 50% without a computer I wager that less than 1% don't give a flying rats rear about "select all" in the native file manager, or don't know enough to even care.

Again, non-issue.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 12:39 PM
    And of that 50% without a computer I wager that less than 1% don't give a flying rats rear about "select all" in the native file manager, or don't know enough to even care.

Again, non-issue.

Posted via CB10
    Not a non-issue IME. But not a big one. It is an oddly missing feature.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 04:34 AM
    This is an issue when you want to just select just the contents of a folder rather than the folder itself. For example, if I want to copy all the pics from Camera folder in my device memory to my Camera folder in my Memory card, then I can select just those pics, by clicking "select all". Rather than the Camera folder itself and copy pasting that folder on to the folder named camera in my memory card. Which sucks, and I need a PC to do it properly. So it certainly is an issue, and please BlackBerry fanboys, you are just being a BBsheep .

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 07:33 AM
    Os7 had this feature. And it's a important and vital feature for power users and should most defiantly be implemented soon as!

Posted via CB10
    baspeed likes this.
    06-03-15 08:01 AM

The BlackBerry 10 design never catered the selected" ALL"features. May ask developers to consider the features.

BlackBerry Z10/STL100-2
    06-04-15 06:18 AM
    The BlackBerry 10 design never catered the selected" ALL"features. May ask developers to consider the features.

BlackBerry Z10/STL100-2
    Right. Oversight.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 06:25 AM
    Your post is ridiculous. A Delete Half option? Give me a break. Delete All is a reasonable request. Your defensiveness and the tone of your post is not warranted.

Posted via CB10
    Well your tone is a bit ridiculous, you're getting upset over nothing.
    Explain to me why you can't move or delete the folder all the files are in instead of selecting all?

I mean are you asking for a solution or are you just complaining? We all said we agree that it would seem to be useful to have the feature but it's not there and that's the workaround. There's not much more to discuss really.

Sorry for the condescending tone but when people get so upset after so many people suggest a solution, as if we at crackberry are responsible for BlackBerry's development, that's not warranted either.
    06-07-15 07:53 PM
    This is an issue when you want to just select just the contents of a folder rather than the folder itself. For example, if I want to copy all the pics from Camera folder in my device memory to my Camera folder in my Memory card, then I can select just those pics, by clicking "select all". Rather than the Camera folder itself and copy pasting that folder on to the folder named camera in my memory card. Which sucks, and I need a PC to do it properly. So it certainly is an issue, and please BlackBerry fanboys, you are just being a BBsheep .

Posted via CB10
    I cannot see this as an issue, especially for pictures. Just copy the folder, move to the new location then rename the folder.

What's the problem having folders within folders?

That's the basis of being organized.

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    06-07-15 08:12 PM
    For what it's worth, I have wished for a "select all" option to be available in a number of BB10 settings menu's. As long as any deletion or other commands have a "are you sure" screen, or an undo option, it should be ok.

Why not have it available as an "option" you can turn off if you don't want it?

Posted via CB10
    madh263362 likes this.
    06-07-15 08:19 PM
    I cannot see this as an issue, especially for pictures. Just copy the folder, move to the new location then rename the folder.

What's the problem having folders within folders?

That's the basis of being organized.

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    why do I want a camera folder under another camera folder? All the pics should be under one folder!

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    06-08-15 04:16 AM
32 12