So installing android launchers you call running OSs?
    I think he's more pointing to BlackBerry having native and android apps.

I remember the rejoice when we were able to run windows apps on a mac, then a few years later windows yet people claim this is a bad thing for BlackBerry.

Z30 - The Final Destination - Winnipeg Mb Clothing|Footwear|Headwear|Headshop|Tobacconist|Ta ttoos
    01-26-14 04:26 PM
    OP: did you change the title of this thread or Am I getting old?

Posted via my BlackBerry Zeadache 10.2.0.429
    01-26-14 06:17 PM
    Yeah those that constantly call for this to happen are mist likely the same haters that never backed BlackBerry for the past 2/3yrs

Waiting for ? BlackBerry Q10 ? & Full Metal CB10!
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    01-26-14 06:42 PM
    I'm outta here :-(

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    01-26-14 07:07 PM
    Op BlackBerry users don't want an android phone. What they want is the Google play store, since BlackBerry OS 10 can run android apps. This is just a stop gap, until the apps different people use becomes available on BlackBerry. It may take a while but when they do, majority of the BlackBerry 10 users will forget about the Google play store, or may be even the fact that BlackBerry 10 devices can also run Android apps.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 09:25 PM
    I gave blackberry another chance when I bought my Z10. Waited and waited for 10.2.1 to roll out so I could get the apps I was missing so much that Blackberry world didn't carry. Finally downloaded the leak and got the apps I wanted but its obvious when running them they aren't meant for it. Very glitchy. Bought a Note 2 on the weekend and haven't even missed my Z10. I tried to love the Z10 and do to a certain degree, but it just doesnt do what I need it to.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Kurdis Blough likes this.
    01-26-14 09:42 PM
    1. From reading various post majority of users seems to want Google + , Google talk and various googolies bloatware . Why then bother buying a BlackBerry. I had an Sony xperia z1 and install cynogenmod just to get rid of most of these bloatware lol

2. Innovation is the key to success. U can't blame the fruit company ( apple) for its success. The phone may be pricy however the app store is brilliant and so is the customer service.

3. BlackBerry selling 80000 phones to DOD. Is that the best they can do lol.. apple selling million weekly worldwide so is the candy os phones . Even windows phones r catching up.

I'm a BlackBerry fan but they need to start to enovate and bring new product out to consumers. I.e BlackBerry watch., BlackBerry os for laptops and desktop , music streaming services etc etc ie create a whole new ecosystem. The consumer market is where the money is.

Posted via CB10
    I haven't seen many people at all who want Google talk or +.. and blackberry has been innovative with bb10. The swipe gestures on this OS are second to none. IOS 7 was a step backward in my opinion. Hate the new look, don't like how it runs now. And ios 7 is actually slower when doing simple tasks when compared to ios 6. I love blackberry. They're not trying to compete with ios and Android anymore. They're focusing on what they do best, and that is best in class communication, security, and enterprise services.

Posted via CB10 for Z10
    01-26-14 10:02 PM
    I haven't seen many people at all who want Google talk or +.. and blackberry has been innovative with bb10. The swipe gestures on this OS are second to none. IOS 7 was a step backward in my opinion. Hate the new look, don't like how it runs now. And ios 7 is actually slower when doing simple tasks when compared to ios 6. I love blackberry. They're not trying to compete with ios and Android anymore. They're focusing on what they do best, and that is best in class communication, security, and enterprise services.

Posted via CB10 for Z10
    I totally agree. This is why BlackBerry has hard-core followers that will not settle for anything else.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 10:50 PM
    It was worth looking through this thread, if only to see people using MockIt.

Seriously, do people think that those of us that can afford a BlackBerry as their phone of choice can't just as easily afford to buy an iPhone or Android if that's what we wanted? Heck, many of us could have gotten the top of the line Android for free and instead paid FULL price for our BlackBerry.

The reality though, is that Apps are Apps and if we need the Android Player to get the Apps we want while keeping BlackBerry as our phone/OS of choice, then so be it. Are people really mad about that?

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 01:36 PM
    1. From reading various post majority of users seems to want Google + , Google talk and various googolies bloatware . Why then bother buying a BlackBerry. I had an Sony xperia z1 and install cynogenmod just to get rid of most of these bloatware lol

2. Innovation is the key to success. U can't blame the fruit company ( apple) for its success. The phone may be pricy however the app store is brilliant and so is the customer service.

3. BlackBerry selling 80000 phones to DOD. Is that the best they can do lol.. apple selling million weekly worldwide so is the candy os phones . Even windows phones r catching up.

I'm a BlackBerry fan but they need to start to enovate and bring new product out to consumers. I.e BlackBerry watch., BlackBerry os for laptops and desktop , music streaming services etc etc ie create a whole new ecosystem. The consumer market is where the money is.

Posted via CB10
    People like Blackberry works like Android, but secure as Blackberry.

I strongly support what Blackberry have done, to have Android Runtime in a isolated Sanbox so people can have fun with Andriod apps without compromise security.

Well done, Blackberry!
    01-27-14 03:44 PM
    So installing android launchers you call running OSs?
    No, I'm not speaking of launchers per say, but since you bring it up, if someone chooses to run a launcher they can...

What I really was alluding to was the ability to run applications from two different operating systems on one device at the same time, while multitasking in real time, without having to boot from one OS into the other... That seems like innovation to me. It also seems to fit the definition of innovation that you gave previously.
    01-27-14 10:19 PM
86 ... 234