Just got a Q10 yesterday (10.2 OS). I use a phone for texting and email and I am finding the email situation confusing.

I have one of my gmail accounts (call it Z) set up as a test.

(I set it up on the Q10 using these references:

How to set up Gmail on your BlackBerry 10 device using IMAP, CalDav and CardDav | CrackBerry.com
    How to prevent deleted Gmail messages from archiving when synced using IMAP | CrackBerry.com )

It does seem that I do get notification on my Q10 of emails arriving to this Z account; to the inbox.

Now within this Z account are many labelled folders. I can see these folders on my Q10 with mail in them. And two of these folders are due to email accounts whose emails are directed into these 2 folders (i.e. Check mail from other accounts (using POP3)). However I get no notification (on my Q10) of emails sent to these addresses (which are directed into these labelled folders in this gmail account). BUT if I go into these folders on the Q10 by expanding the tree for this Z account I do see these newly arrived emails...just no notification....does this make sense?
    11-02-13 11:06 AM
    Can anyone help here?
    11-04-13 09:58 AM
    I would start by using imap and ensure notifications turned on.

BlackBerry Since 2006. BB Z10,10.2 Official. Rogers Halifax, NS
    11-04-13 04:57 PM
    I did setup the accounts using IMAP and notifications are on.
    11-05-13 04:25 AM
    I have a similar set up on my Z10 and the situation you are describing is how it works for me, and is suppose to. When your email is put through the filter to apply a "label" you have the option to archive it. Archiving will remove the "inbox" label and therefore you will not receive notification of a new email. If you want to have the notification then you will need to remove the archive option from the filter.

In my set up I have a main gmail account (gapps) that on the web has all of my other accounts integrated and I use filters to apply labels and also to archive to the label folders. On the web I can see all new mail in the label folders. For my Z10 I have have separate accounts for all of emails. All mail arrives in my hub inbox and I can reply from each account using my Z10. The mail gmail account (gapps) also is in my inbox, but the sub folders to now show the duplicate messages.
    11-05-13 08:05 AM