I started a security wipe on my Z10 (so i can sell it) a couple weeks ago and after 5 days it was still at 99%. So after looking through the forums, I tried rebooting it by pulling the battery and by holding down the power button. Upon rebooting it started the security wipe from scratch and eventually got back to 99% and stayed there. After reading more forum posts, I realize now that I should have turned off encryption and deleted as much data as I could have from the phone before starting the security wipe. Also that I should have used an autoloader to reload the OS or BB Link to just factory reset it and not use the security wipe option on the phone. Other forum posts say just leave it and it will eventually finish. It has now been 7 days and it is still at 99% and still scrolling at the bottom (security wipe, erasing memory). I did also try rebooting it with it plugged into the computer with BB Link or Sachesi running but it is not recogized and starts the security wipe again.

Do I have any other options but to keep waiting and hope that the wipe eventually finishes?

Tks
    08-25-15 03:08 PM
    Seven days... you are very patient.

I'd reinstall the OS with an Autoloader, and then do a fresh wipe... .might be done in a few hours. Not sure yours will every be done at this point.
    08-25-15 03:25 PM
    Well not using the Z10 so I have the time...but 8 days (now) is pretty silly

Do I not need the computer to recognized that the Z10 is attached to use an autoloader?

and if so, How do i get it to recognize since it is doing the security wipe?
    08-26-15 06:31 AM
    I got it to connect to the autoloader by plugging it in to the computer with the autoloader running and the battery removed - reloaded the OS and all is well. Thanks
    08-26-15 07:40 AM