You talk to her everyday and don't know her last name? I realize it's one extra letter....but, well you get my point.
    Um, when did I say I don't know her last name? I said I don't refer to her by last name. I'm no longer in the military and she's not in it, I don't go around calling my friends by their last name. Don't worry waterfront, I understand to you everything about BB10 is perfect and any complaints or dislikes about it is the fault of the user. We got it already, let's just leave this to people who actually see what I'm talking about alright? Thanks buddy. :-)
    02-08-14 01:03 AM
    Maybe it has something to do with the linked Facebook account. Which is still BlackBerry's mistake.

Z30 - The Final Destination - Winnipeg Mb Clothing|Footwear|Headwear|Headshop|Tobacconist|Ta ttoos
    Oh no, BlackBerry doesn't make mistakes, you are the mistake! lol. Just kidding man. I don't know, whatever the reason, changing the other people's names to weird things seem to help until they actually fix this issue...
    02-08-14 01:04 AM
    I have plenty of issues...but I'm sure my issues are not top priority. But I do appreciate your service and there is no higher honor on earth.

I was simply pointing out that if you hit the space bar, then the first letter of their last name your problem would be solved.
    02-08-14 04:07 PM
    I have plenty of issues...but I'm sure my issues are not top priority. But I do appreciate your service and there is no higher honor on earth.

I was simply pointing out that if you hit the space bar, then the first letter of their last name your problem would be solved.
    I understand there is a work around for it, there's a work around for almost anything. But that's no excuse for something that worked fine for years and years to all of a sudden require a work around. I would rather this just work the way it's supposed to.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    02-08-14 06:27 PM
    Slagman, I have the exact same problem as you. I type in "shah" who I speak to on a regular basis and instead, I get "(something) shah" then "shahine" then anything else with "shah" then near the bottom, I get to "shah" lol.

This thing has pissed me off since I first discovered it a long time ago. I'm kinda glad I'm not the only one who has this problem.

Now we need to get our voices heard so that BlackBerry does something about it!

Edit: just had a thought. Let's go to beta zone and complain there. They usually listen.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 06:39 PM
    It's not a work around. I'm pretty sure it's how all the platforms work. I understand it's not the way BBOS handled it....but as we have seen before with previous updates, if they can make it work, we will get it in an update.
    I understand there is a work around for it, there's a work around for almost anything. But that's no excuse for something that worked fine for years and years to all of a sudden require a work around. I would rather this just work the way it's supposed to.

02-08-14 07:52 PM
    It's not a work around. I'm pretty sure it's how all the platforms work. I understand it's not the way BBOS handled it....but as we have seen before with previous updates, if they can make it work, we will get it in an update.
    Well, IF they know it's a problem, they might fix it in an update.

02-08-14 07:53 PM
    I have the same issue and don't like it. I also want it to work correctly. What happen to being able to type 1st letter of 1st name, space and 1st letter of last name and the name coming up correctly? It was a very nice feature. Would love to have it back......

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 09:56 PM
    Does this look smart? I don't think so.
    Search results are in the dumbest order and makes no sense...-img_20140208_195718.png

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 09:58 PM
    That looks like Universal Search, which is different than searching from contacts.
    02-08-14 10:30 PM
    That looks like Universal Search, which is different than searching from contacts.
    "Searching from contacts." What does that even mean? I'm on a phone with a physical keyboard that never goes away, I don't even understand what searching from contacts even means... Do you mean you actually open your contacts list before you search for something? Do you also launch the phone call app before dialing a phone number? Sorry, those are things the cool kids with the all-touch devices have to do. I sacrificed half my screen so all I need to do is start typing, dialing, or long pressing a key to do those things. Of course we're talking about searching using universal search. Why do you think I made such a big deal about the homescreen speed dialing? We are on BlackBerry phones with a physical keyboard that doesn't go away, the point of that is so we have access to things without launching a single thing via the touchscreen first... If I wanted to have to open apps first before I can do those things I would have bought an all-touch device. :-P

02-08-14 10:45 PM
    I have the same issue and don't like it. I also want it to work correctly. What happen to being able to type 1st letter of 1st name, space and 1st letter of last name and the name coming up correctly? It was a very nice feature. Would love to have it back......

Posted via CB10
    Now when I type the initials "J D" a person with the initials "D J" comes before the person whose initials are "J D" smh. Again, the 100% match comes last...

02-08-14 10:47 PM
    I don't mean through the app itself. I thought you were talking about contacts when ever you reply to a message, email, etc. But either way, it still the same process.
    "Searching from contacts." What does that even mean? I'm on a phone with a physical keyboard that never goes away, I don't even understand what searching from contacts even means... Do you mean you actually open your contacts list before you search for something? Do you also launch the phone call app before dialing a phone number? Sorry, those are things the cool kids with the all-touch devices have to do. I sacrificed half my screen so all I need to do is start typing, dialing, or long pressing a key to do those things. Of course we're talking about searching using universal search. Why do you think I made such a big deal about the homescreen speed dialing? We are on BlackBerry phones with a physical keyboard that doesn't go away, the point of that is so we have access to things without launching a single thing via the touchscreen first... If I wanted to have to open apps first before I can do those things I would have bought an all-touch device. :-P

02-08-14 10:51 PM
    I have to agree with the OP here - big time. I use a Motorola Q9c with Windows Mobile 6.1 (non-touchscreen) and it has a smarter algorithm that actually takes into account who you more recently called in the order that it shows the results. There's nothing more frustrating then calling Jen 3 times a day, only for Jennifer to come up before Jen when you haven't spoken with Jennifer for YEARS. Makes no sense!!

What makes this even worse is one-handed use and/or general productivity. Right now if I'm at a Red Light and I type Jen on my Q9c it will show the first 2-3 Jen's or Jennifer's that I most recently called, which allows me to get to the right person 90% of the time right away. If I have to fish through a bunch of Jennifers to get to Jen then I might not even be able to make that call until my car has stopped at the next light. Doesn't sound like much of an inconvenience until it happens MANY times each day. Then you're quickly reminded - multiple times a day - just how bad the algorithm is and that a 5 year old Smartphone does a better job than this 2014 OS...

Trust me - I'm a big fan OS10 and I very much look forward to buying a Q10 once the Exchange Activesync issues are fixed with 10.2.1 (I even already bought the extended battery in advance) - but they really haven't done such a good job with a pretty important aspect of the OS here. Hopefully future versions will be updated to make this better...
    02-08-14 10:52 PM
    Well if you had a Q10 and the new update, you would just click on one of the home screen speed dial buttons. No searching necessary
    02-08-14 11:06 PM
    Ya. This one isn't any smarter.

Search results are in the dumbest order and makes no sense...-img_20140208_212730.png

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 11:29 PM
    What are you expecting to show up? Personally, I would much rather seem them speed the universal search up. On my phone it's so slow. I could type the persons last name twice by the time the results pop up after typing in the first name.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140208_212730.png 
Views:	231 
Size:	148.6 KB 
ID:	246263

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 11:33 PM
    Well if you had a Q10 and the new update, you would just click on one of the home screen speed dial buttons. No searching necessary
    Doesn't exactly work to send texts, which is something I do fairly often with my friends. Thus the keyboard...

02-08-14 11:44 PM
    I don't mean through the app itself. I thought you were talking about contacts when ever you reply to a message, email, etc. But either way, it still the same process.
    It's just as stupid whether I'm typing a name in the compose message screen or just typing the name from the homescreen for universal search to find them.

02-08-14 11:46 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140208_212730.png 
Views:	231 
Size:	148.6 KB 
ID:	246263

Posted via CB10
    LMAO!! There's not a single person on that screen with the name beginning with P, LOL!!! :-D

02-08-14 11:47 PM
    What are you expecting to show up? Personally, I would much rather seem them speed the universal search up. On my phone it's so slow. I could type the persons last name twice by the time the results pop up after typing in the first name.
    I think he was expecting for the person he knows with the initials with a first name starting with P and last name starting with M. Which out of that entire list, none of them matches. In BBOS it would have come up.

02-08-14 11:49 PM
    Like I said...it's the same either way. Universal Search is just slow on my end. I would much rather they speed it up. I use the priority hub to text people I frequently contact. It's much faster than Universal Search.
    It's just as stupid whether I'm typing a name in the compose message screen or just typing the name from the homescreen for universal search to find them.

02-08-14 11:51 PM
    Is there a chance they use analytics to pick up most frequently used contacts?
    I noticed that during email creation there's an area where they 'suggest' some contacts and for me it looked like it suggested most used ones.

Do you communicate with Jen often?
    Yes

BlackBerry Since 2006. Rogers Halifax, NS - Official 10.2.1
    02-09-14 01:20 PM
48 12