I've seen this question asked a couple times but no answer. I've asked in another thread as well, but no answer. So here goes:

Does BB10 allow you to do an "advanced search" like in BB5,6,7 and search your mail on the remote server?

I currently keep my mail 30 days on my 9810 but it doesn't matter with advanced search because I can pull up anything older on the server (not through webmail, through the messaging app on BB7). This also worked as far back as I can remember (OS5) but maybe even earlier versions - I just don't remember.
    02-20-13 03:42 PM
    I haven't found it yet, maybe it will come in an update
    02-23-13 12:02 PM
    thanks. Really looking forward to seeing what the "spring update" brings with it.
    02-26-13 10:32 AM
    I can do a remote search on EAS using BlackBerry 10.

In the hub do a search for what you are looking, for testing sake search for something you would have many hits for.
    At the bottom of the search list will be a option to do a remote search.

Only seems to work with EAS for now, and I cannot specify folders to search within as with my old BES setup.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 11:13 AM
    I can do a remote search on EAS using BlackBerry 10.

In the hub do a search for what you are looking, for testing sake search for something you would have many hits for.
    At the bottom of the search list will be a option to do a remote search.

Only seems to work with EAS for now, and I cannot specify folders to search within as with my old BES setup.

Posted via CB10
    I don't seem to have that option 10.0.10.261 with google apps connected thru EAS
    02-26-13 11:29 AM
    My is connected to an exchange 2007 box, can you do a remote search on a gmail account with other platforms? I have only tried it using BlackBerry, Android and ios on our exchange.

Maybe it is a function that hosted services block due to the potential increased server load.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 08:36 PM
    I did on my BlackBerry os7 torch, but I'm not sure what protocol was used possibly a proprietary (non-EAS) Gmail/blackberry protocol. ....

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 08:45 PM
    thanks. Really looking forward to seeing what the "spring update" brings with it.
    It sounds to me like there may be a bug fix update soon which will address a raft of bugs followed by a 'feature update' a bit later.

I have no idea what a 'feature update' is but I'm speculating it will fix some bugs and add some new features or add some new functionality to some existing features.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 10:37 PM
    I'm looking forward to having this feature on my Z10 as well.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-28-13 09:07 AM