Here's what I'm asking.. is there a way to prevent the swipe up screen to come up every time the screen turns off? Like if I put my phone on the table for 30 seconds and the screen goes out,when I press U or the power key I have to swipe up to return to where I was. I have the password protection kicking in after 30 minutes but I wish there was a way to delay the swipe too.

Posted from BlackBerry Passport SE
    12-02-15 12:17 PM
    Have you tried advanced interactions with lift to wake on? I have it on with swipe turned off so either the power button or when I lift to wakes it up. I got tired of swiping every time the screen turned off.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-15 03:25 PM
    I mean after I turn on the screen,the need to swipe up with the screen on. I know I can set it to unlock it without the necessity of swipe,but I like to see that screen after the phone is been on stand by for some time. Like the screen will be off,but only after like 10 minutes the swipe screen will be required. If by those 10 minutes I turn the screen on,it will be just where I left off. I know it's just a minor thing and I feel i'm being a bit fussy but I think it would be very convenient.

12-02-15 04:37 PM
    Not doable.. but you can use 'u followed by enter' to unlock instead of u followed by swipe up
    12-02-15 06:14 PM
    Doesn't seem to work on my Passport. U key wakes it but still have to swipe, no reaction to enter key

12-02-15 06:42 PM
    Doesn't seem to work on my Passport. U key wakes it but still have to swipe, no reaction to enter key
    mad_mdx is right. When your phone is not locked and the screen switched off, you have just to type quickly the letter 'u' immediately followed by the 'enter' key. If you wait too long between the 2 keys, it won't work.
    12-02-15 08:40 PM
    Oh, I see. Thanks for the tip!

12-03-15 01:17 AM