Hi

Wonder if anyone has any ideas on how to proceed on this issue?

Updated my Z30 from 10.2 to 10.2.1 on Tuesday - everything went fine and it worked ok for the day. On Wednesday, the phone suddenly stopped allowing me to log on (ie. couldn't enter anything on the screen including the password). Tried re-starting the phone -all side buttons do work (volume, power, etc) but not the screen. Did notice that the battery was draining pretty fast - normally get 1.5-2 days but now out in 8-9 hours. So I waited until the battery drained. After charging, the phone did start up and the screen was functional. So I took it in to work again. You guessed it - around 10 am, the screen stopped responding, the battery started draining. If the screen hadn't functioned after the first time, I would think it was a screen problem. Now it appears that there is a software process that is draining the battery and preventing the screen from functioning.

On Friday night, I did a complete wipe through Link and tried to re-install the OS. Link installs the OS and then directs me to complete the on screen setup before reconnecting the phone to the computer. The screen isn't responding so I cant complete the re-install.

Any ideas on how to proceed? I am on Rogers network. I called their tech support and they have asked me to bring the phone in to one of their stores. The phone worked flawlessly for 3 months before the update.
    02-02-14 01:33 AM
    That honestly sounds like bad timing and coincidence. I would say that it's the touchscreen being faulty. I haven't seen this come up yet even with how long the leak has been out (it's the same as the official). I would have it sent for repair.

Posted via CB10
    shell_gwn likes this.
    02-02-14 02:36 AM