IMO They should name the new OS BBQ, or at least QNX. In the 48 laws of power it says to "Reinvent yourself". So I think they should rebuild the brand with something tasty like BBQ. It sounds so nice, an everyone is already familiar with that acronym. RIM could hi-jack it. Replace ribs, and maybe next time you hear BBQ, the first thing that'll come to mind is Blackberry!
    03-15-12 07:57 AM
    Or Rather BBX... X here for Roman Numeral 10
    03-15-12 08:03 AM
    WOW.....interesting concept. Food is always a good advertising tool
    03-15-12 08:04 AM
    Or Rather BBX... X here for Roman Numeral 10
    That was their original plan until they basically got sued for trying to use it...
    03-15-12 08:08 AM
    Have they put something in the water in NY ?
    03-15-12 08:11 AM
    That was my thought when I heard they couldn't use bbx. I think it is much better than bb10. And every new release of os could have awesome codenames like "t-bone, cheeseburger, filet mignon, Italian sausage) . It might sound kinda funny but I think it would be better than bb10.2, etc......
    03-15-12 08:11 AM
    That was my thought when I heard they couldn't use bbx. I think it is much better than bb10. And every new release of os could have awesome codenames like "t-bone, cheeseburger, filet mignon, Italian sausage) . It might sound kinda funny but I think it would be better than bb10.2, etc......
    India is one of the handful of markets where RIM is still doing well. They can't come out with the new Blackberry Porterhouse edition there!
    03-15-12 10:37 AM
    India is one of the handful of markets where RIM is still doing well. They can't come out with the new Blackberry Porterhouse edition there!
    Haha very good point.

Rim is doing better abroad than they are overseas however most of the foreign markets purchase rim second hand
    03-15-12 10:43 AM
    Then they would have to start naming beta releases ; Western Carolina, Eastern Carolina, South Carolina Mustard, Texas Beef Brisket, Memphis Sweet, Pork, and Chicken. Then there will be all of these fights about which release was best and such.

Good thing I already had lunch.
    03-15-12 10:56 AM
    Yep. It also may destroy that market as a turn off.
    Aren't cows considered sacred in India?
    03-15-12 11:08 AM
    Yep. It also may destroy that market as a turn off.
    Aren't cows considered sacred in India?
    HOLY COW! hahaha.

yeah, they're sacred in India. Also certain asian religion are not allowed to consume beef.
    03-15-12 11:21 AM
    HOLY COW! hahaha.

yeah, they're sacred in India. Also certain asian religion are not allowed to consume beef.
    And forget parts of the Middle East if they use pork references. No pork, no beef, what's left. I'd expect the chicken's sacred someplace.
    03-15-12 11:32 AM
    And forget parts of the Middle East if they use pork references. No pork, no beef, what's left. I'd expect the chicken's sacred someplace.
    Yes, the pork references won't work in Indonesia either, another market where RIM is still doing well.

Perhaps they should stick to vegetables. The Cool New Blackberry Cucumber.
    03-15-12 12:08 PM
    FINE, you guys win. BBOS.2 etc, it is. HAHA

Book hoo, I want my BBQ sizzling sirloin edition, haha
    03-15-12 12:19 PM
    Yes, the pork references won't work in Indonesia either, another market where RIM is still doing well.

Perhaps they should stick to vegetables. The Cool New Blackberry Cucumber.
    'German Shepherd' might work in China.
    03-15-12 12:51 PM
    BBQ Mustard and Ketchup Addition
    New Features:
    Holographic Screen
    3 GHz Quad Core Processor
    3000 MAh battery
    Bad advertising
    All in the bundle.
    Releasing on 12th Feb 2020. Delayed until 12th Feb 2021

Crackberry cries.
    03-15-12 12:53 PM
    BBQ Mustard and Ketchup Addition
    New Features:
    Holographic Screen
    3 GHz Quad Core Processor
    3000 MAh battery
    Bad advertising
    All in the bundle.
    Releasing on 12th Feb 2020. Delayed until 12th Feb 2021

Crackberry cries.
    well, I'm sure no one wants a half cooked BBQ.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    03-15-12 01:39 PM
    well, I'm sure no one wants a half cooked BBQ.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    Oh I'm sure they won't.
    03-15-12 01:41 PM
    BB-BB-BB ?

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kffacxfA7G4[/YT]
    (OMG almost 717 millions views ... )
    03-15-12 01:42 PM
    BB-BB-BB ?

permaban this guys IP NOW!!!!!!!
    03-15-12 03:18 PM
    BB-BB-BB ?

i don't like him, but i have nothing against him too. talk about the hate, 2.3 million dislikes. hahahahahaha.
    03-15-12 11:37 PM
    I really, REALLY wish that RIM had stuck it out with the BBX naming convention. Why? Because the BBX name could've reset the version clock back to "1.0". Confused? The BBX name could've denoted a whole new era of OS design that the QNX project was/is really supposed to be about. Any subsequent versions of the new OS could have been called BBX 1.x, 2.x and so on. Yes! A whole new series of OS's... geez...

Now the opportunity is lost...
    03-16-12 04:32 AM
    That was their original plan until they basically got sued for trying to use it...
    The corporate lawyers are afraid to actually work for a living and were acquiescent in not pursuing a legitimate use of BBX for the BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet Operating System. The only thing worse than a lawyer is a lawyer. Down Brutus! I am kidding...or was I? < voice of Adam West as Mayor of Quahog >.
    03-16-12 05:05 AM
    I really, REALLY wish that RIM had stuck it out with the BBX naming convention. Why? Because the BBX name could've reset the version clock back to "1.0". Confused? The BBX name could've denoted a whole new era of OS design that the QNX project was/is really supposed to be about. Any subsequent versions of the new OS could have been called BBX 1.x, 2.x and so on. Yes! A whole new series of OS's... geez...

Now the opportunity is lost...
    Yep. That's thinking outside the box RIM with BBOS10. We have BBOS7 (smartphone), and apparently BBOS8 (tablet OS 1.0) and BBOS9 (tablet OS 2.0) with BBOS10 promised as the uniting of smartphone and tablet operating system
    03-16-12 05:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD