The 'Stagefright' exploit: What you need to know | Android Central

Affects Android devices back to 2.2. So that along with the iPhone power/effective bug... makes BlackBerry and Windows phone the only two phone OSes without a major exploit?
    BCITMike likes this.
    07-27-15 12:17 PM
    This not new! All along android has been the. Most vulnerable OS
    07-27-15 12:24 PM
    Yep, BBOS is the only pure root OS around, no back door routes in, that's why most of the G8 govts prefer BlackBerry !!

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 12:33 PM
    Blackphone users have been protected against it since 1.1.7.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 02:27 PM
    Thanks Bla1ze I hadn't seen this thread, sorry for double-post on same issue.

This story not only highlights their vulnerability to attack but also that Android faces the same issue BlackBerry does when it comes to carriers moving at a snails pace for pushing updates

Posted with my  Classic
    07-27-15 03:06 PM
    I still don't understand what carriers do to "their" devices? My non-Telus (ShopBB) Z30 works just as well as a carrier-purchased device, if not better!

Carriers should be limited to updating the radio files while the manufacturer should be able to update the OS on their schedule. Apple has enough clout to order carriers around.
    07-27-15 05:54 PM
    I still don't understand what carriers do to "their" devices? My non-Telus (ShopBB) Z30 works just as well as a carrier-purchased device, if not better!

Carriers should be limited to updating the radio files while the manufacturer should be able to update the OS on their schedule. Apple has enough clout to order carriers around.
    Carriers reserve the right by contract to test all their bloatware apps against any OS changes and take their time doing it. This of course slows down updates for both BB10 and Android.
    07-27-15 06:10 PM

The problem with that, is that the OS pretty much is built around the radio itself. Have you tried installing a 10.3.1.XXXX radio on a 10.3.2.XXXX OS? Not very fun. BB needs to create a radio file totally separate from the OS with common calls if necessary but not any directly affecting the interoperability.
    07-27-15 06:10 PM
    Affects Android devices back to 2.2. So that along with the iPhone power/effective bug... makes BlackBerry and Windows phone the only two phone OSes without a major exploit?
    Have you forgotten Heartbleed already?
    07-27-15 11:28 PM