It's driving me nuts and had enough of it I needed to ask... I feel foolish that I can't seem to figure it out.

Whenever an email newsletter arrives, I often download the images but for the life of me can't figure out how to save the updated email newsletter... Everytime I go back to it I have to redownload the images!! In os7, all I had to do was hit the app and hit save. That way I can read all of it offline, on a plane etc. please tell me there is a way of saving images from newsletter and that I don't have to continually use data etc... Plus a lot of time links get broken or taken down and you can't download it later...
    08-28-14 07:29 PM
    Seriously no one knows how to save loaded images from newsletter...
    08-29-14 10:31 AM
    Save them to your SD card or just automatically download the images when you open the mail?

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 05:30 PM
    Save them to your SD card or just automatically download the images when you open the mail?

Posted via CB10
    But why do I need to keep downloading them every time I refer to the email.. Ie more then once. And how is saving them to sd card make sense, they won't show in the body of the email. Problem is a lot time, the links get broken and when i refer to the msg later it's a mess. In os7, you downloaded once hit save and bang, the message was preserved in its original content ...

Please don't tell this is another oversight by the bb10 team of lost useful functionality.
    08-29-14 06:08 PM
    This is not an oversight. This is simply moving on from the limited functionality of days of old. When BlackBerry designed BBOS between 1999 and 2002 it did so in a time when mobile data was slow and would drop out constantly. The usefulness of saving emails as you used to made sense in that age.

Now we have robust and fast mobile data almost everywhere. There is no need for the functions that were designed for a different set of circumstances.

Having said that, if you live somewhere where mobile data is still slow and coverage is scarce; why did you ever move away from BBOS? If this is. The case it seems that the oversight is on the part of the user, not the device nor it's functionality.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 10:32 PM
    Go into hub settings, hit display and actions, and turn the download images automatically. Done.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 11:30 PM
    This is not an oversight. This is simply moving on from the limited functionality of days of old. When BlackBerry designed BBOS between 1999 and 2002 it did so in a time when mobile data was slow and would drop out constantly. The usefulness of saving emails as you used to made sense in that age.

Now we have robust and fast mobile data almost everywhere. There is no need for the functions that were designed for a different set of circumstances.

Having said that, if you live somewhere where mobile data is still slow and coverage is scarce; why did you ever move away from BBOS? If this is. The case it seems that the oversight is on the part of the user, not the device nor it's functionality.

Posted via CB10
    I say it's an oversight just like original lack of delete from hub and leaving on server flaw.

You comment fails to realize that newsletters can have corrupted links quickly ie after a week.. So losing the functionality of saving the entire message with the downloaded images is a flaw. Having to keep downloading images isn't usage data concern but more about ending up with emails being save with images embedded! I see ZERO reason for having lost the function of saving an email with downloaded images...
    08-30-14 06:56 AM
    Go into hub settings, hit display and actions, and turn the download images automatically. Done.

Posted via CB10
    Doing so, does it retain the images when offline viewing of the email later...like in bbos7 actually 4 5 6...
    08-30-14 06:56 AM
    I say it's an oversight just like original lack of delete from hub and leaving on server flaw.

You comment fails to realize that newsletters can have corrupted links quickly ie after a week.. So losing the functionality of saving the entire message with the downloaded images is a flaw. Having to keep downloading images isn't usage data concern but more about ending up with emails being save with images embedded! I see ZERO reason for having lost the function of saving an email with downloaded images...
    You can see it however you wish, but the fact still remains that you are in the extreme minority. I and many others don't see the loss of this function as an oversight nor a flaw. Fast and reliable mobile data is a part of our everyday lives now, and there is little need to save an email when it can easily be accessed at anytime in a blink of an eye from almost anywhere.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 12:29 PM
    You can see it however you wish, but the fact still remains that you are in the extreme minority. I and many others don't see the loss of this function as an oversight nor a flaw. Fast and reliable mobile data is a part of our everyday lives now, and there is little need to save an email when it can easily be accessed at anytime in a blink of an eye from almost anywhere.

Posted via CB10
    Too funny, you see the loss of efficiancy that had no reason being removed and not incorporated and decreases productivity as just a modern times thing... It's absolutely not the case. Try loading that msg in a boardroom on the 20th floor of an office building with limited to no cell service.. Impossible.. Or in a building garage between meetings etc.. My lawyers office doesn't give out wifi passwords for security reasons... So absolutely being able to save a fully downloaded msg serves a purpose. Maybe the only way may be to go to my email though browser, download and then save and fingers crossed it's mirrored in my hub. Eye roll. Stupid. Especially sense blackberry already had a working solution. It's called save ...

Just because people don't complain doesn't mean it doesn't irritate people, I brought it up yesterday to a lawyer that uses z10 and a CEO that uses a q10 and they just laughed and said they'd given UP on all the losses of efficiency... Everyone is eyeing passport but most just waiting for classic..if they do it right and make trackpad work right and if call buttons well incorporated or else they'll leave bb. Today I was getting infuriated trying to touch the search icon on eBay mobile on myq10..... No way I could. Had to select full site mode them gave me search bar... With trackpad that would never have happened!
    08-30-14 05:41 PM
    Again, see it however your heart desires; but the reality is you're in the minority. The absolutely microscopic minority when you really think about it, considering that BlackBerry as a whole has 0.5% of the mobile marketshare and probably way less is actually BB10.

You can always choose to stick with an BBOS 7 device if the functionality is that important to you, or you can learn to adapt; but I would at least advise you not to whine about it here because it accomplishes nothing.

Feel free to make your voice heard here:

https://www.icanmakeitbetter.com/

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 07:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    For security, it is best to not download all images. Spammers use a 1x1 pixel image in their html mail to verify that the email has been received. When you download the nearly invisible file, it shows up on their server log. A live email address is worth more money. (Probably still some fraction of a cent.)

Now all that said, it does seem to me there should be an option to save images for selected messages.

BTW, image links may or may not be encrypted. There are (expletive deleted) people who run a program called driftnet to snatch images from public wifi. If you are on the cellular link, then only the NSA is stealing your images.

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    08-31-14 02:25 AM
    Marketers use this to keep track of how many times you read their email. Every time you request the images, that counts as a read. It may not be functional for you, but it is an important factor for email marketing.

It is also becoming more common for advertisers to change the contents of the email after it is sent, for example a 'deal of the day". You can return to the same email every day to see a different picture for that day's deal. You can't do that with a cached picture.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    08-31-14 01:26 PM
    Well, guess I'm in the minority, as well, since I'd also like to have the option to view inline images in emails offline.
    08-31-14 04:04 PM
    Well, guess I'm in the minority, as well, since I'd also like to have the option to view inline images in emails offline.
    What I meant to say is don't automatically download images. I do download images from sources I trust.

So optional is good. Automatic is bad.

Posted via CB10
    SharonRD likes this.
    08-31-14 04:22 PM
    What I meant to say is don't automatically download images. I do download images from sources I trust.

So optional is good. Automatic is bad.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I definitely agree with that. But, it would still be good to be able to view (save) inline images offline, like OP has mentioned. More options for users' various needs is always a good thing. As for spam mail (that crap is terrible), I created an outlook email specifically to be used only on my phone, and only share it with trusted sources. So far, it's worked really well, no spam so far. *knocks on wood* lol
    08-31-14 04:59 PM
    Yes, I definitely agree with that. But, it would still be good to be able to view (save) inline images offline, like OP has mentioned. More options for users' various needs is always a good thing. As for spam mail (that crap is terrible), I created an outlook email specifically to be used only on my phone, and only share it with trusted sources. So far, it's worked really well, no spam so far. *knocks on wood* lol
    Exactly, and that's why most should not enable auto download. I can't believe some people do in the era of huge amounts if spam. I want to be selective but retain what I download if I choose too. We were always able in os6 and 7... Stupid I can't in bb10. So after 7 years of being able to since my pearl days through bold... I can't on my q10 is just stupid. As for a minority.. Doubt that. Then again, it's sad for 1st time blackberry user who first only used bb10 to not know very useful features and easy to use settings. Man alive trying to setup my call and msg profiles is soooo convoluted. Never know if I'm in silent calls and msg light alerts etc...
    SharonRD likes this.
    08-31-14 06:36 PM
    Agree with pretty much everything you said. I'm one of those 'new to Blackberry users' (never tried the os6/7, so don't know what features they had) and have had my Q10 since launch day, so I've watched it evolve since day one, and it has really improved. Hopefully, this feature that we both want will be added at some point. Regardless of lack of some much needed features, I seriously love the BB 10 OS and couldn't even imagine using any other now.
    08-31-14 06:57 PM