I know we can use attachment icon on the hub to list only the attachments, but it makes it difficult to find the specific attachment I want to save in the e-mail I just received.
    I hope they can add a feature on 10.2.2 where we can just tap and hold and save the attachment without having to download it first or basically download straight into a folder.
    02-22-14 04:41 PM
    Saving a file is copy an instance of that file. When you copy something you have to physically download / upload it. Currently, you should be able to specify where to save your attachments.

? CB10 ?
    02-22-14 05:05 PM
    Saving a file is copy an instance of that file. When you copy something you have to physically download / upload it. Currently, you should be able to specify where to save your attachments.

? CB10 ?
    Like I mentioned above. I am referring to being able to download then save without having to open it or view it first.

Basically anything without aa having to open it.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    02-22-14 11:12 PM
    Why? Open and save it. Why would you wanna save something you haven't seen?
    02-22-14 11:23 PM
    If you press and hold on an attachment name or icon, you should get an option to save it. I get a sidebar on the right side of the screen, and the top icon on the sidebar is a file folder with a check mark in it. That's the 'save' icon.
    02-23-14 12:52 AM
    If you press and hold on an attachment name or icon, you should get an option to save it. I get a sidebar on the right side of the screen, and the top icon on the sidebar is a file folder with a check mark in it. That's the 'save' icon.
    This is not an option in email view.

02-23-14 03:47 PM
    This is not an option in email view.

It is, but only after you have downloaded it. I think what the OP wants is the ability to specify whether the file will be downloaded to the the default download folder or to another specific folder... sort of like the download prompt in most popular browsers.

However this is not a standard email client feature, even Outlook first downloads the attachment to a temp folder, and if you want you can right click and "save as" to specified folder. Bb10 email client behaves exactly this way... but people need to complain about something.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 03:58 PM
    It is, but only after you have downloaded it. I think what the OP wants is the ability to specify whether the file will be downloaded to the the default download folder or to another specific folder... sort of like the download prompt in most popular browsers.

However this is not a standard email client feature, even Outlook first downloads the attachment to a temp folder, and if you want you can right click and "save as" to specified folder. Bb10 email client behaves exactly this way... but people need to complain about something.

Posted via CB10
    I don't need to complain about something or anything.
    It actually sounds like people need to criticize what others need instead of saying "no sorry, it's not currently possible to do this" they go analyzing and making random claims and assumptions.

You only know you need something when it happens to be a specific situation.
    When I receive weekly reports and monthly reports, I keep them in /reports folder in my dropbox on my desktop, this is the situation with all my workstations. So when I see those reports on my BB, I know what they are I can just save them to /reports and then it will appear in all my computers. Why am I being forced to open them, at least give me an option to "tap to download then open" or "tap to download them save".
    And better yet tap and hold to specify the folder to save it to instead of just downloading to temp folder. This is possible in "Attachments" tab of Hub.
    02-23-14 10:18 PM
    Its possible because at that point they have been downloaded to the device.

I'm not bashing your feature request... seems legitimate, and like I said, is offered by desktop browsers when downloading files. I was just trying to clarify what it was and the fact that not even Outlook, the "gold standard" of email clients, does this.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 11:55 PM
    Its possible because at that point they have been downloaded to the device.

I'm not bashing your feature request... seems legitimate, and like I said, is offered by desktop browsers when downloading files. I was just trying to clarify what it was and the fact that not even Outlook, the "gold standard" of email clients, does this.

Posted via CB10
    Think of what I am looking for as "save as" on Outlook attachments. I know it downloads to temporary location first but at least it still gives me an option to save it to a folder without having to open it first. The attachment in an e-mail feels empty and very lonely when you tap and hold on the attachment and nothing happens.. Maybe an option to delete the attachment, save it to a folder, etc.. I haven't played with excel files but I remember on OS7 you could open an attachment of an email, edit it, then close it without saving it. Few days later when you opened the same attachment, it would ask if you want to open the modified one or the original one.
    02-24-14 12:21 PM