I like to keep my contacts on iCloud. I've successfully linked it and it shows up as carddav and have all my contacts visible on my z10. However when I create a new contact it saves it locally and I can't find any option to save it in the cloud. Plenty of options to save on the sim but not to choose one of the carddav severs.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 07:45 AM
    I like to keep my contacts on iCloud. I've successfully linked it and it shows up as carddav and have all my contacts visible on my z10. However when I create a new contact it saves it locally and I can't find any option to save it in the cloud. Plenty of options to save on the sim but not to choose one of the carddav severs.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Posted via CB10
    Dumb question but - When you set up your contacts on Z10, did you add iCloud (including calendar, contacts and mail) to it. I got this up and running the other day on PlayBook, using my @me.com address.
    03-12-13 07:58 AM
    Dumb question but - When you set up your contacts on Z10, did you add iCloud (including calendar, contacts and mail) to it. I got this up and running the other day on PlayBook, using my @me.com address.
    Yes I did, they all synchronised.

I've figured out one way since asking the question. Normally I'm in all contacts mode and when you add a contact that way it gets stored locally. Now if you switch to only show iCloud contacts and then add the contact it adds it to iCloud and synchronises it locally.

I haven't found an overall option where you can set your default contact creation which would be much more user friendly as you can add contacts from various screens.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 08:31 AM