How about we BlackBerry lovers and addicts take matters into our own hands to save the OS and the BlackBerry devices we love soo much....How about we Crackberrians raise money through Kickstarter or Gofundme to buy the BB10 and the hardware business from Blackberry?

Posted via CB10
    06-27-16 08:42 PM
    These are the projects which have raised the most money on Kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/discover/most-funded
    06-27-16 08:48 PM
    BB isn't going to sell anyone BB10, because that would mean they'd have to sell QNX, which still has way too much value for BB.

But, like App_Developer pointed out, the biggest Kickstarter projects were still a tiny fraction of the money you'd need even if such a sale WAS remotely possible. Then, once you bought the rights, you'd need about half a billion per year just to maintain the BB10 platform, plus the cost of designing, engineering, building, and distributing phones.

Unless you're really good friends with a fistful of billionaires who are looking for a hobby, you don't have a chance in hell of even getting enough money to buy a run of phone cases for BB phones on Kickstarter.
    06-27-16 08:55 PM
    BB isn't going to sell anyone BB10, because that would mean they'd have to sell QNX, which still has way too much value for BB.
    There are lots of reasons why this would fail that you don't have to make stuff up.

You would not have to buy QNX. Assuming BlackBerry found a buyer to take BB10 off their hands licensing QNX would be a very straight forward business transaction that QNX does all the time, and has done for 30 odd years. Their business model is licensing their RTOS to manufactures to use in products and they have pricing structures to support various production models.

In fact if you wanted to develop a brand new smartphone using QNX as the OS I'm quite sure you could make an arrangement to license the OS. And that regardless of the final success of the project, QNX would come out in the black on the deal.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    Last edited by Richard Buckley; 06-28-16 at 04:10 PM.
    06-28-16 03:43 AM
    We should start a petition too.

Passport SE, "The BlockBerry" - Cricket Wireless
    06-28-16 05:28 AM
    Can I be CEO? I have zero experience.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-28-16 06:14 AM
    Can I be CEO? I have zero experience.

Posted via CB10
    Couldn't be any worse than Heins.

Anyway, why not just write a check to John Chen worth your life savings?
    06-28-16 06:43 AM