Does BB10 support S/MIME on personal email accounts that don't go through BES? The following support page seems to suggest it doesn't; can anyone confirm?

Securing your email - How To - BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone - 10.0.0
    02-07-13 01:58 AM
    Anyone had the opportunity to try this?
    02-09-13 08:36 PM
    You can add your personal or work account to your BB10 device without BES.
    But you will be able to use S/MIME only when your account supports S/MIME protected messages as stated in the link you posted.
    For example if you are using Office 365 to access your email you won't be able to use S/MIME because Office 365 is not supporting S/MIME.
    If you connect to such an account you will see the S/MIME option in Settings tab through BB Hub where you can configure it.
    It should be completed in a simple way.
    02-21-13 01:52 AM
    You can add your personal or work account to your BB10 device without BES.
    But you will be able to use S/MIME only when your account supports S/MIME protected messages as stated in the link you posted.
    For example if you are using Office 365 to access your email you won't be able to use S/MIME because Office 365 is not supporting S/MIME.
    If you connect to such an account you will see the S/MIME option in Settings tab through BB Hub where you can configure it.
    It should be completed in a simple way.
    what if im using activesync to access my corporate email like i would with an iphone or android device? I can import my pfx cert on those devices and they will encrypt/decrypt the messages. Any idea how to do this with bb10?
    04-03-13 10:55 AM
    Sadly, no. On BlackBerry 10, "Work email account" means setup through the BDS service on BES10.
    04-18-13 03:10 PM
    This is ridiculous. I should have bought an iPhone 5 instead of a Q10 (which supports S/MIME on all accounts with no hassle). This is just an artificial limitation by Blackberry to sell more BES servers (not that that product would integrate with my e-mail solution at all). Really disappointed.

When I try to import my S/MIME cert+key I get the message 'This certificate cannot be imported for a personal account'. Lame.
    lasouthern likes this.
    07-31-13 02:54 PM
    yup its sad! S/MIME is such a basic thing!!! pull your socks on blackberry.
    deltact and reneSc like this.
    02-05-14 06:33 PM