- CrackBerry Addict
- 559 Posts
S/MIME on personal accounts
Does BB10 support S/MIME on personal email accounts that don't go through BES? The following support page seems to suggest it doesn't; can anyone confirm?
Securing your email - How To - BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone - 10.0.0
- CrackBerry User
02-21-2013, 01:52 AM #3
- 25 Posts
You can add your personal or work account to your BB10 device without BES.
But you will be able to use S/MIME only when your account supports S/MIME protected messages as stated in the link you posted.
For example if you are using Office 365 to access your email you won't be able to use S/MIME because Office 365 is not supporting S/MIME.
If you connect to such an account you will see the S/MIME option in Settings tab through BB Hub where you can configure it.
It should be completed in a simple way.
- 04-03-2013, 10:55 AM #4verizon 8330 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9330 -> white z10 -> white q10
- CrackBerry User
07-31-2013, 02:54 PM #6
- 17 Posts
This is ridiculous. I should have bought an iPhone 5 instead of a Q10 (which supports S/MIME on all accounts with no hassle). This is just an artificial limitation by Blackberry to sell more BES servers (not that that product would integrate with my e-mail solution at all). Really disappointed.
When I try to import my S/MIME cert+key I get the message 'This certificate cannot be imported for a personal account'. Lame.
- By hungryhippos in forum BlackBerry AdministratorsReplies: 5Last Post: 01-03-2011, 12:40 PM
- By ice11084 in forum BlackBerry AdministratorsReplies: 2Last Post: 03-08-2010, 06:55 AM
- By JT99123 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700Replies: 2Last Post: 02-01-2010, 03:15 PM
- By livvielove in forum Verizon WirelessReplies: 7Last Post: 06-05-2009, 02:12 PM
- By asharp09 in forum RogersReplies: 7Last Post: 07-07-2008, 11:57 PM