Hello,

It's m First Post here and I'm really disappointed about BlackBerry (playbook....). so i'vegot online ohne question: Do I really news a BlackBerry Enterprise Server to usw mail envryption via s/mime?

Greetings, ch

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 10:39 AM
    As far as I can decipher your text, you are right. You will need a work email account to use S/MIME. It is not possible to use it with any other option. I don't know why this is the case. It has something to do with the encryption. In BES 5 the certificates where stored on the mobile and the server. But the server provided the encryption anyway. Maybe it has something to do with policies and the CAs. But every Android or iPhone can import those certificates without mourning. That is ridiculous.

BlackBerry would be killer if they implement OpenPGP in their system which is superior to my mind.
    07-04-13 03:31 PM
    Gold Morning, thanks for you answer. I tested the z10 for several weeks and i'll switch back to ios again
    No OS10 for the playbook, Terrible carddav and Caldav support- a System which has many chances, but they made it so bad, that i'm not interested Any more.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 12:00 AM
    I agree with you what you said about BB10 on the PlayBook. But what's wrong with CardDAV and CalDAV?
    By the way there are rumors S/MIME comes to BlackBerry in 10.2. But I wouldn't bet on it.
    07-05-13 12:14 AM
    I'll synchronize wir m owncloud Server. On Android and ios this works out of the box, Same as s/mime, or pptp or IPSec. On Blackberry not. And that is more than Bad for a Business Smartphone.
    There is only one thing,which is really impressing- that i don't need a home button.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 01:02 AM
    I'll synchronize wir m owncloud Server. On Android and ios this works out of the box, Same as s/mime, or pptp or IPSec. On Blackberry not. And that is more than Bad for a Business Smartphone.
    There is only one thing,which is really impressing- that i don't need a home button.

Posted via CB10
    So true - I can't believe BlackBerry doesnt support OPEN VPN, pptp or whatever!

BlackBerry is supposed to be about business abd privacy yet I can't use the BlackBerry in an environment where my ios and android devices do... sad. I don't need a home button or some multi coloured leds flashing. I do need open vpn otherwise the Q and Z are redundant. Unfortunate!

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10
    07-05-13 05:53 AM
    On a business phone VPN via IPSec or PPTP is not the usual business case. It makes sense that those protocols are not included. Those Cisco and Juniper devices are state of the art with CCX.
    It is sad. Sure! I don't disagree there.
    07-05-13 07:36 AM
    I disagree- pptp is relativly old and not verschiedenen secure, but offen used. Cisco and Juni per IPSEC Imementation is not Standard in business use. There are many other implmrntations of this (in the idea) oben Standard. Have a look at PfSense, ClearOS or other Firewall solution. And nie of the are supported.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 08:44 AM
    The best thing to do, for BlackBerry ; support as many security protocols as possible. Don't give consumers another reason to go to competitors. It doesn't matter what one persons experiences are, another will have a different experience.

For me, working in the city of London, nearly ALL the financial institutions I consult with are using in-house coded OPEN VPN protocols, with bespoke hardware.

None of them use BlackBerry phones. That is a big missed opportunity.

07-05-13 09:43 AM
    I'm also missing S/MIME, unbelievable that BBRY allows a client encryption only when the phone is connected to a BES10

Posted via CB10 with my great Q10
    07-05-13 12:41 PM
    That's probably why they're not allowing commercial vpns - they want you to get bes.

Ios and android - well they're not service providers. Thing is, BlackBerry is not the de facto, go to device, when it comes to enterprise, not anymore. So they SHOULD allow more choice!

My Q10 is a near perfect device, but I can't use it in my home or work environment. It's just something I carry with my work iphone 5 and GS4. I was hoping to get rid of the iphone and use this but no ;-(

07-05-13 01:05 PM
    This decision is rubbish in my opinion
    iOS can do S/MIME out of the box, BlackBerry 5, 6 and 7 could do this also why isn't this possible with BlackBerry 10?

Sometimes I think, that some managers at BBRY are working for Apple or Google ;(

07-05-13 02:39 PM
    Good evening,

I bought the Z10 because I wanted to try another system (without iTunes & Android). I could manage the missing owncloud Client, but there are so many things, that make BB10 unusable, that I have to go back to the iphone.
    07-05-13 03:56 PM
    This decision is rubbish in my opinion
    iOS can do S/MIME out of the box, BlackBerry 5, 6 and 7 could do this also why isn't this possible with BlackBerry 10?

Sometimes I think, that some managers at BBRY are working for Apple or Google ;(

It is a shame. I understand BlackBerry need to protect their (bes) revenue stream : however, they're getting hammered and shouldn't put up nonsense barriers to entry, such as the lack of openvpn.

07-05-13 04:07 PM