Anyone interested in trying out Telegram and wants to join our group let me know.
    And you can fit more than 50 people (up to 5000) in a group, which is nice.
    mrfreeze likes this.
    04-23-17 05:15 PM
    Is Telegram available for BB10? I didn't see it in BlackBerry World, though I saw clients for it.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    04-23-17 05:45 PM
    It's funny how everyone is all hung up on Telegram when the obvious best choice for security is Signal. Things that make ya go hum.......

Posted via CB10
    04-23-17 05:46 PM
    Another thing that is humorous is that BlackBerry will not be seen her anywhere to confirm nor deny this rumor. A silent failure they've practiced consistently in the past to bury themselves.

If they had any sense they would squash these claims if false and continue to bolster and update BBM on BB10 so that the few 1 million users could branch out to help spread the word to all the new Android users about how good BBM really is. They have no idea what or how....

Posted via CB10
    04-23-17 05:54 PM
    Is Telegram available for BB10? I didn't see it in BlackBerry World, though I saw clients for it.

https://telegram.org/blog/bb-results

If you are a BB10 user wondering which of these apps to use right now, we can only suggest to check out the contestants and judge for yourself. If you want an experience that would guarantee maximum security and stability, we would still advise to run the official Telegram app for Android on your BB10 at this point.
    It's funny how everyone is all hung up on Telegram when the obvious best choice for security is Signal. Things that make ya go hum.......

Posted via CB10
    How is Signal outside of the encryption, though? If it's a secure flaming pile of garbage it's still a flaming pile of garbage. I would check but I don't have any contacts on it.
    mrfreeze likes this.
    04-23-17 06:07 PM
    https://telegram.org/blog/bb-results

How is Signal outside of the encryption, though? If it's a secure flaming pile of garbage it's still a flaming pile of garbage. I would check but I don't have any contacts on it.
    I posted links. Do your research. Done!

Posted via CB10
    04-23-17 06:31 PM
    I posted links. Do your research. Done!

Posted via CB10
    You posted one piece of Gawker-network clickbait and another article that contains a section actually titled "Why I don’t recommend Signal to my friends".

Read your sources. Done!
    mrfreeze likes this.
    04-23-17 06:44 PM
    You posted one piece of Gawker-network clickbait and another article that contains a section actually titled "Why I don’t recommend Signal to my friends".

Read your sources. Done!
    Exactly what website would be satisfy your concerns of validity? I'm sure I could find the discussion of proof on just about any publication.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-17 06:56 PM
    I'm sure I could find the discussion of proof on just about any publication.
    One that unequivocally supports your argument (which knocks out the first one) with actual facts and not FUD (which knocks out the second one). Read the (sourced) comments in the Gizmodo article to figure out from which orifice that article came from. I'll give you a head start.
    mrfreeze likes this.
    04-23-17 07:05 PM
    Well, I don't install Android apps on my BB10 phones. Too many issues in my experience to bother with. So I'll stick with BBM for now.

04-23-17 07:13 PM
    One that unequivocally supports your argument (which knocks out the first one) with actual facts and not FUD (which knocks out the second one). Read the (sourced) comments in the Gizmodo article to figure out from which orifice that article came from. I'll give you a head start.
    I see, so you can't provide a preferred source there for you trust no one hence no source would suffice.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-17 07:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    While one can argue about which one uses the better e2e encryption model, the Telegram app is incredibly feature rich. It also has clients for non-mobile devices.
    app_Developer likes this.
    04-23-17 07:43 PM
    I see, so you can't provide a preferred source there for you trust no one hence no source would suffice.

Posted via CB10
    You might have found this Stack Exchange question (especially the well written top answer) comparing the two on a cryptographic level and giving some of an edge to Signal, but that would mean you'd have actually searched for it: https://crypto.stackexchange.com/que...s-of-protocols

But that brings me back to my first point:

Telegram has the big list of features compiled by @mrfreeze in post #69 , can Signal say the same?

Incidentally, I know Telegram's voice calls work on BB10, Signal not so much.

I'm sorry but I don't think we can support non-Android devices like Blackberry.
    "Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without."
    04-23-17 07:43 PM
    You might have found this Stack Exchange question (especially the well written top answer) comparing the two on a cryptographic level and giving some of an edge to Signal, but that would mean you'd have actually searched for it: https://crypto.stackexchange.com/que...s-of-protocols

But that brings me back to my first point:

Telegram has the big list of features compiled by @mrfreeze in post #69 , can Signal say the same?

Incidentally, I know Telegram's voice calls work on BB10, Signal not so much.

"Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without."
    From crypto.stackexchange.com/questions/31418/signal-vs-telegram-in-terms-of-protocols

"Personally, I (as a developer) wouldn't use MTProto except if I needed interoperability with Telegram. The folks behind the Signal Protocol (Open Whisper Systems) have fairly universally been praised for the security of their protocol, which makes it an obvious choice."

Obviously I overlooked voice calls. On BB10 but the rest remains more secure.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-17 08:02 PM
    From crypto.stackexchange.com/questions/31418/signal-vs-telegram-in-terms-of-protocols

"Personally, I (as a developer) wouldn't use MTProto except if I needed interoperability with Telegram. The folks behind the Signal Protocol (Open Whisper Systems) have fairly universally been praised for the security of their protocol, which makes it an obvious choice."

Obviously I overlooked voice calls. On BB10 but the rest remains more secure.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe Signal slightly out-nerds Telegram on e2e, but both are very secure, and certainly better than BBM or Facebook Messenger.

But your statement was "why is everyone hung up on Telegram?". It's because it's a much, much better app.
    mrfreeze likes this.
    04-23-17 08:20 PM
    Maybe Signal slightly out-nerds Telegram on e2e, but both are very secure, and certainly better than BBM or Facebook Messenger.

But your statement was "why is everyone hung up on Telegram?". It's because it's a much, much better app.
    Much much better app? Perhaps cause it provides secure voice calls on BB10?
    I don't do voice calls myself but if I'm to chose a msging app on BB10, Android or iOS I think it would have to be Signal.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-17 08:29 PM
    I don't do voice calls myself but if I'm to chose a msging app on BB10, Android or iOS I think it would have to be Signal.

Posted via CB10
    They're referring to the features I posted earlier.
    04-23-17 08:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes. Much better. Check out all of the features - all synced over multiple devices and computers.
    04-23-17 08:32 PM
    Yes. Much better. Check out all of the features - all synced over multiple devices and computers.
    I see the word "better " quite often now. I thought I was talking secure?

Posted via CB10
    04-23-17 08:33 PM
    I see the word "better " quite often now. I thought I was talking secure?

Posted via CB10
    You asked why people talk about Telegram when Signal is more secure.

I answered by saying it's a much better and more full featured messaging app, and in many people's minds that more than makes up for an arguably tiny differential in e2e encryption technology.
    04-23-17 08:38 PM
    You asked why people talk about Telegram when Signal is more secure.

I answered by saying it's a much better and more full featured messaging app, and in many people's minds that more than makes up for an arguably tiny differential in e2e encryption technology.
    I guess to each their own

Posted via CB10
    04-23-17 08:40 PM

Telegram has the big list of features compiled by @mrfreeze in post #69 "
    Are these features he is speaking of in the APK from the Google play store?

Posted via CB10
    04-23-17 09:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes. There are also the desktop and web clients that connect to the same account.
    04-23-17 09:58 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, well not the Web and desktop Client. Those are on a Web browser and PC respectively.
    04-23-17 09:59 PM
    You ain't wrong.
    But the big deal here is that they should stop selling OS10 devices then and stop claiming that they are fully committed to OS10.
    That's what makes OS10 fans furious.
    I promise you, they won't be selling BB10 devices for much longer - their stock is almost depleted.

And no one buying a BB10 device in the last year is under any illusions about BB's "commitment" to the platform. BB10 hasn't been in active development for more than 2 years already, and BB has left the device business. Anyone choosing to believe the official spin is knowingly deceiving themselves and not paying attention to the obvious reality of the situation.

BB needs to get as much cash as they can from the BB10 phones they paid to have made, to help reduce their losses. And people are still willing to buy them even knowing the situation, and there's nothing wrong with that. But there's no reason to take BB's "we're still committed to BB10" as anything more than marketing spin, because that's all it is.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    04-24-17 02:20 AM
114 ... 2345