I wanted to know if it was possible to root BB10, specifically the Classic. I wanted to know because I want to install/replace a font in the phone, but this requires write access. If there is another way to do this (without "rooting" ), please let me know in the thread. Thank you.
    12-30-15 11:25 PM
    Sorry, not possible.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-15 11:31 PM
    Unfortunately no.
    no not possible
    Why is that, exactly? SailfishOS also has the ability to install Android apps and you root it real easily. Just install the Warehouse app, search for 'superuser' and install the superuser binary. I don't see why it wouldn't work on BB10 then. Not that I really need it though, BB10 works fine for me without Android root

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    12-31-15 01:19 AM
    Why is that, exactly? SailfishOS also has the ability to install Android apps and you root it real easily. Just install the Warehouse app, search for 'superuser' and install the superuser binary. I don't see why it wouldn't work on BB10 then. Not that I really need it though, BB10 works fine for me without Android root

Still not gonna happen. Blackberry can't be rooted

Posted via CB10
    12-31-15 07:02 AM

The developers of Sailfish haven't really put any work into preventing people from getting root, if the link below is true. There is a warning in the linked article about how doing this could put your system at risk, and then the comments have suggestions on how to mitigate that risk. It is in fact extremely difficult to give someone some level of administrative access on Linux, and prevent them from eventually getting root.

With BB10 BlackBerry started in a better position to prevent "unauthorised root access" with QNX, and have put more work into it since. That doesn't mean that it can't be done, but this is one of the areas where BlackBerry is stronger than other OS vendors.
    https://together.jolla.com/question/...d-of-devel-su/

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    Vistaus likes this.
    12-31-15 08:34 AM