Hello
    I have unlimited data in my home country but 1 GB in foreign countries.
    Is there a way to measure and get warning just for roaming data?

Tku!

Posted via CB10
    03-29-16 05:23 PM
    Kind of, I guess.

Under Settings>Data Management>Data usage settings (accessed by tapping the blue text,) you can set up a monitoring window for your data usage cycle. So if you're on a two week international trip, set it to the duration of your trip, and set Mobile Data Limit to 1024 MB (1GB.) Then, assuming the first MB consumed hereon is roaming until you change these settings, you will have a rough estimate of roaming data used. Obviously you'd want to do this right before you start roaming.
    Ecm likes this.
    03-29-16 05:41 PM
    BlackBerry reports roaming data separately using the above method. Just leave device monitor running for real time usage.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-16 08:33 PM
    Tku - seems quite logic

Now the situation is that also living close to boarder where carrier will often chnage to the foreign one and going abroad sometimes for a couple of days only and returning again it seems a little undhandy to always change the settings and watch out, isn't there an app that could handle that all and show the separate data usage?

Posted via CB10
    03-30-16 02:31 AM
    -> Usage Pro (in BB World)

But the best is to switch off roaming completely except the times you need it really.
    raino likes this.
    03-30-16 03:17 AM
    -> Usage Pro (in BB World)

But the best is to switch off roaming completely except the times you need it really.
    Looking at the screenshots, it looks like it does exactly what the OP is trying to do. If you use this app, do you know how it keeps track of roaming vs. native data? My only concern is that some carriers show contiguous coverage internationally, even when you may be roaming (so your phone might show your native carrier's name even when the tower is a local carrier's.) Does this app figure this out?
    03-30-16 12:57 PM
    Looking at the screenshots, it looks like it does exactly what the OP is trying to do.
    Think so. But the user has still the responsibility to look at this and to react, it doesn't prevent him at all from accumulating a lot of costs.
    If you use this app, do you know how it keeps track of roaming vs. native data? My only concern is that some carriers show contiguous coverage internationally, even when you may be roaming (so your phone might show your native carrier's name even when the tower is a local carrier's.) Does this app figure this out?
    Here in Europe we have a lot of borders, also with international partnerships between carriers. I always found that a border is detected very clearly. The overlapping of two carriers is in my experience never more than 1 or 2 km. In this overlapping area you must decide manually what carrier to take. If you are outside this area the device knows very clearly if it's roaming or not. Indeed it must, because of the correctness of the bill. And this is not in the responsibility of the app, the device himself must decide this.

I for myself switch roaming completely off when I cross a border because of the idiotic costs. In the very most cases you find a wifi hot spot in your hotel or in a public cafe or even in a railway station. This is enough to check some mails and news. - One big task with data volume is navigation, especially in a foreign country. I use Navfree for this with previously downloaded maps. If you are back you can delete the maps again.
    03-31-16 12:05 AM
    ^^^ Navfree is brilliant for roaming map navigation.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-16 12:37 AM
    Realized BlackBerry has a build in tracking, but is it reliable...??
    Roaming data-img_20160402_145036.png

Posted via CB10
    04-02-16 08:53 AM
    Realized BlackBerry has a build in tracking, but is it reliable...?
    For what it's worth, my carrier tells me I have used 149.14MB of (native, non-roaming) data this month. My Q10 shows 153.6. Close enough for me, and more importantly, it's erring in the right direction (higher on the phone than what the carrier shows.)
    04-02-16 12:36 PM
    Cool, so pretty precise!

Posted via CB10
    04-02-16 05:45 PM
    BlackBerry reports roaming data separately using the above method. Just leave device monitor running for real time usage.
    Oh, so you're saying BB10 is capable of reporting roaming data separately from native data? I wouldn't know because I haven't roamed. Could you share a screenshot of roaming and native data being tracked separately?
    04-02-16 06:03 PM
    Hello
    I have unlimited data in my home country but 1 GB in foreign countries.
    Is there a way to measure and get warning just for roaming data?

Tku!

Posted via CB10
    Luckily I have international data simcards! I don't know where you from but they dont cost a much over here what are the average costs of a Internetional simcard Europe Unlimted SMS, Voice and Data in your country?
    04-02-16 07:54 PM
    BB10 does it natively, and brilliantly. I have been using data counter for months and have never had problems in my bills. What BB10 reports very closely matches my bill, and BB10 errs on the right side.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-16 10:54 PM
    Luckily I have international data simcards! I don't know where you from but they dont cost a much over here what are the average costs of a Internetional simcard Europe Unlimted SMS, Voice and Data in your country?
    Living in Switzerland, pay a 100 CHF aprox same in $ for unlimited data in home, SMS, MMS and calls to most country and includes unlimited SMS, Calls and 1 GB data when I'm out of Switzerland but in Europe. And you?

Posted via CB10
    04-03-16 04:11 AM
    +1, the best answer. Or switch to another provider to get unlimited time of calls if you want to ( like this , for example , this service doesn't require a particular SIM ).
    04-09-16 11:39 PM