CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Ringtones /SMS tones showing in Music

So I put a few tones for messages and email etc. My issue is they are showing up in my music which is pretty annoying. Putting songs on shuffle and having ringtones play is annoying.
    Any way to fix this?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

no one else has this issue?
    CrackBerry Addict

it is happening to me as well. Unfortunatly there is no way to filter them out. i hope it comes in later builds
    CrackBerry Abuser

I am also having this issue. And when u delete them off your music playlist it deletes them from your phone as well.. *sigh*
    CrackBerry Abuser

_____ bump
    CrackBerry Abuser

Create another directory on your phone.
    Name it Sounds or Ringtones or whatever and then move these files to that directory.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by domcel View Post
    Create another directory on your phone.
    Name it Sounds or Ringtones or whatever and then move these files to that directory.
    Ya unfortunately that doesn't work. they still show up in your music playlist
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Re: Ringtones /SMS tones showing in Music

Someone must know how?
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by Frostedfrank View Post
    no one else has this issue?
    This happens on my OS7 Curve.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Found a Soulution!!
    Hope this works for everyone. Go into your ringtones on your cpu (im assuming you have them there). For each ringtone you want on your Z10 you will need to rename the file extension from .m4a/.mp3 to .jad
    Once you have done this all you need to do is transfer the file from your cpu to your sdcard (not your device, because when u search tones in your z10 it only offers the root folder tones in the device, not added tones).

i just made a ringtones folder on my sdcard, works like a charm!
    p.s If you transfer by bluetooth you will have to go into file manager>device>downloads and "move" the ringtone to yor sdcard

Happy Sunday!!

*edit*
    I have also found that if you just remove the file extension all together (no rename) it works as well
    Last edited by clipskid; 02-10-2013 at 09:38 PM.
    CrackBerry User

clipskid you were correct changing the files with the extension .jad works for tones and takes it out of music . But for the phone used as a ringtone it cant find the .jad files so they cant be used for your phone ring tone i had to change back to m4a. I also tried without any extention and .ogg then they show up as assignable but back to the same problem still showing up in music.
    Do you know what the BB10 file extension is for native ringtones maybe if we find that we can rename with that extension and fix the problem with all our tones showing up in music?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by UberBlackBerry View Post
    clipskid you were correct changing the files with the extension .jad works for tones and takes it out of music . But for the phone used as a ringtone it cant find the .jad files so they cant be used for your phone ring tone i had to change back to m4a. I also tried without any extention and .ogg then they show up as assignable but back to the same problem still showing up in music.
    Do you know what the BB10 file extension is for native ringtones maybe if we find that we can rename with that extension and fix the problem with all our tones showing up in music?
    Ya you're right, my solution only works if you want to make it a notification tone, not phone ringer..*sigh*
    The bb10 file extensions are indeed .m4a but blackberry has them buried in a root folder that i haven't been able to access yet. This folder is probably what allows them to have bb10 tones (.m4a) without being in the music
    CrackBerry User

I moved them to my existing Ringtones folder on my media card (from my 9810) and they do not show up in my Music any longer.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by cpanagio View Post
    I moved them to my existing Ringtones folder on my media card (from my 9810) and they do not show up in my Music any longer.

Ya unfortunately this does not work for us. I have all my ringtones in my sdcard's Ringtones folder and if the file extension is not deleted it will show up in the music playlist
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by clipskid View Post
    Ya unfortunately this does not work for us. I have all my ringtones in my sdcard's Ringtones folder and if the file extension is not deleted it will show up in the music playlist
    Is the directory SDCard\Ringtones or SDCARD \Blackberry\Ringtones? I know the new OS does not use that Blackberry subdirectory any longer but will still scan and find files in there.

CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by cpanagio View Post
    Is the directory SDCard\Ringtones or SDCARD \Blackberry\Ringtones? I know the new OS does not use that Blackberry subdirectory any longer but will still scan and find files in there.

Its SDcard/Ringtones
    ....I will try creating a Blackberry sub directory through my cpu and see what happens

*edit*
    Ya that didnt work either, smh
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hey guys, I'm having issues assigning a specific ring tone for my girlfriend when she text messages me
    The one I've set for her when she calls works fine, but not when she texts, even though the ring tone shows up in the drop down box in her contact folder beside messages.