Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree13Likes
  • 2 Post By atrpm
  • 5 Post By Thunderbuck
  • 1 Post By TomJasper
  • 3 Post By lnichols
  • 1 Post By Kennedy.L
  • 1 Post By lnichols
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default RIM’s Statement Regarding Analysts BlackBerry 10 Release Date Speculation

I think it's safe to say BB10 devices will be available within two weeks of BB10 launch!

"Details of the commercial availability for BlackBerry 10 will be announced at the global launch events on January 30. Our executives have made it clear that the touch screen device will be available shortly after launch with the physical keyboard version to follow shortly after that.”

Via: N4BB
    iPhone 5 32GB Black Verizon

that statement is the same thing they always have stated. it means nothing really IMO. I do believe that we will see the N series before June though.
    ~Matt
    OnePlus One, Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by howarmat View Post
    that statement is the same thing they always have stated. it means nothing really IMO. I do believe that we will see the N series before June though.
    Well if you have an "analyst" saying BB10 devices are coming out March-May and RIMM comes out with this statement, I see this as RIMM denying what the analyst is saying without giving any information about the launch. But if RIMM is make this statement after what the analyst said, in my opinion devices are coming out 1-2 weeks after announcement.
    iPhone 5 32GB Black Verizon
    sk8er_tor and Kennedy.L like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,079 Global Posts

What's the definition of shortly? 1 day? 7? 30? 60?
    30 days after the announcement is March.
    People are still guessing.

Global Posts
    6,560 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7

I think we have a case here of an analyst who has chosen the most negative perspective he can to present selected information. There may, indeed, be US carriers that won't offer BB10 immediately, and for them it's possible we won't see the N-series until June.

Some of these decisions are out of RIM's hands. Regardless, at best that analyst report is a mischaracterization, and at worst it's an outright lie.
    Thanked by:
    howarmat (12-07-2012) 
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,091 Global Posts

Exactly. Well said. RIM is keeping some things quiet and for GOOD reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by atrpm View Post
    Well if you have an "analyst" saying BB10 devices are coming out March-May and RIMM comes out with this statement, I see this as RIMM denying what the analyst is saying without giving any information about the launch. But if RIMM is make this statement after what the analyst said, in my opinion devices are coming out 1-2 weeks after announcement.
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    7,571 Global Posts

I have a feeling that we are going to be getting more than just phones announced on Jan 30. I'm expecting some other BB10 powered devices to be unveiled.
    BB_Bmore, spike12 and Toodeurep like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by howarmat View Post
    IMO is does mean something. RIM has gone out of their way to make clarification.
    Pearl 8130 -> Storm 9500 -> Tour -> Pearl 9100 -> Torch 9800 -> Curve 3G -> Bold 9900 PlayBook (2.1.0.1032) -> Z10 and Q10. I need help.
    atrpm likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,091 Global Posts

You have been reading up on QNX I see.
    Quote Originally Posted by lnichols View Post
    I have a feeling that we are going to be getting more than just phones announced on Jan 30. I'm expecting some other BB10 powered devices to be unveiled.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbuck View Post
    I think we have a case here of an analyst who has chosen the most negative perspective he can to present selected information. There may, indeed, be US carriers that won't offer BB10 immediately, and for them it's possible we won't see the N-series until June.

Some of these decisions are out of RIM's hands. Regardless, at best that analyst report is a mischaracterization, and at worst it's an outright lie.
    Probably an analyst that was trying to short RIM shares on thursday by stirring up some bad press. Good thing he is a no name.
    Pearl 8130 -> Storm 9500 -> Tour -> Pearl 9100 -> Torch 9800 -> Curve 3G -> Bold 9900 PlayBook (2.1.0.1032) -> Z10 and Q10. I need help.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lnichols View Post
    But if anything is connected to the carrier networks, then we would have seen leaks by now.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,665 Global Posts

I see this all as a good thing. After all, people are talking about RIM and it's not all negative, it's about looking forward. It's not "RIM is dead".
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,091 Global Posts

"BB10 powered devices" don't have to be per say ,connected to the carrier networks" standalone.
    Quote Originally Posted by limh5 View Post
    But if anything is connected to the carrier networks, then we would have seen leaks by now.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,866 Global Posts
    PIN
    333BCCA7

Where in RIM's statement are the words "two weeks"? I'm confused. Compared to the development cycle of BB10, two months could be "shortly after" and two more months "shortly after" again. That would be May/June. Do I think it will be that long? No. Do I think the RIM statement clarified or negated the Forbes piece? No, not at.

Nowhere in the statement does it say the article is wrong, or incorrect, or any other word that says anything other than it may be factual. The statement also doesn't give an actual measurable time-frame that would allow a reader to assume that the article is wrong. In other words, the RIM statement was a clarification that clarified absolutely nothing unless you read it with an assumption/hope in mind.

All that being said, I think the L will be available Feb 1, and the N March 1.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    7,571 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by limh5 View Post
    Yes, but a BlackBerry10 powered TV/Media device, or music gateway doesn't talk to carrier networks and probably wouldn't get leaked by the FCC until just after announcement.
    TomJasper likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,091 Global Posts

"All that being said, I think the L will be available Feb 1, and the N March 1."

Is that an " assumption/hope in mind",lol, sorry couldn't resist.

RIM said all they needed to say today, I'm sure they are smarter then to spill the beans because of one *****. The fact they responded basically means read between the lines aka the ANALyst is full of BS. I'm not sure why that is not clear??
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,866 Global Posts
    PIN
    333BCCA7

Quote Originally Posted by TomJasper View Post
    "All that being said, I think the L will be available Feb 1, and the N March 1."

Is that an " assumption/hope in mind",lol, sorry couldn't resist.

RIM said all they needed to say today, I'm sure they are smarter then to spill the beans because of one *****. The fact they responded basically means read between the lines aka the ANALyst is full of BS. I'm not sure why that is not clear??
    It's a hope, not an assumption - I don't actually assume they will be available then as there has been no actual evidence pointing to that.

As for why it's not clear ... well, with RIM you can't read between the lines. That leads to assumptions with no actual basis (between the lines there's empty space). Sometimes with RIM even if it is on the lines, and not between the lines, unreliable things are said. This includes since TH took over, e.g., assuring everyone at a JAM event that BB10 was on track for the fall, then within a week announcing the delay to Q1 2013.

I agree they couldn't have been more specific than they were, but in reality they didn't clarify anything.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,091 Global Posts

Jonty12,

Thor is doing everything right, I have 100% confidence in him and the whole Blackberry team. Waiting until Jan 30 2013 was an excellent move in my opinion, so many more eyes are on BB10 now because of that. I have many friends on other devices and six months ago they had a good laugh about BB10, no more, most of them are seriously looking of trading UP to BB10 from their other devices.

The buzz is now out, ask anybody what BB10 is, it's already branded before it's to market, you can't buy that kind of advertising.

Had Thor released it not polished the downside would trump the branding we now receive for BB10. It's all good!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Hey, I am not sure as to how credible this source is. But @blackberryscoop on twitter stated this "Bon't believe the hoopla from these Analysts. BB10 will be in US Carriers stores by Valentines Day (February 14th). Qwerty 2 weeks after."
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,842 Global Posts

Here's your release date:

-bb10releasedate.jpg

Image Source (<--- Link)

The speculation continues...
    Don't be afraid to LIKE or say THANKS

BlackBerry Experience: BB Curve 8330 >> BB Bold 9000 >> BB Curve 3G 9300 >> BB Bold 9900 >> BB Q10 >> BB Classic (PRE-ORDERED)
    CrackBerry Abuser

Lol ^

That logic hasn't worked for me in the past but maybe this time?