All it does is display crap apps / apps that aren't feature/content rich / apps that don't really work

Look at the homepage: appworld.blackberry.com

Top Grossing Apps & Games
    It's filled with crap such as a flashlight application, advanced ram, battery saver, a PAID non-official version of Google Maps, and other simple applications

Besides what's listed under top grossing, it shows all the new spammy / crap / basic applications that have been recently submitted

Now let's take a look at Download Apps - BlackBerry World
    Top Rated
    Filled with complete and utter paid crap.

Top Paid:
    Filled with mostly crap apps, $2 "keep calm" poster app .... really RIM?

Top Free:

Pretty solid list.

All this also shows up in the BlackBerry (App)World Application on your device. I also have an Android device to compare (App)World to Google Play and there is ZERO COMPARISON as Google Play, under these categorizes, displays solid feature rich/content rich applications that have a real purpose and that you can use. The problem isn't lack of great applications on BlackBerry, the problem is it's difficult to find the gems when RIM permits crap applications to be on the forefront of BlackBerry (App)World and the average customer will not go digging.
    rupam95, Sansu94 and Novaone like this.
    01-21-13 08:21 PM
    Well said. There are little to no *official apps* as compared to android & iOS who have tons of them.
    01-21-13 08:27 PM
    BlackBerry World is still in its very early stages, considering that they just begun the transition today. Give them some time to iron the kinks out. They should hopefully have it a little more polished by the time BB10 goes on sale, especially since we're likely to see all the major apps unveiled and added to BlackBerry World on the 30th.
    01-21-13 08:45 PM
    BlackBerry World is still in its very early stages, considering that they just begun the transition today. Give them some time to iron the kinks out. They should hopefully have it a little more polished by the time BB10 goes on sale, especially since we're likely to see all the major apps unveiled and added to BlackBerry World on the 30th.
    huh? pretty sure all they did was re-brand it. Nothing else changed as far as I'm aware.
    01-21-13 09:00 PM
    huh? pretty sure all they did was re-brand it. Nothing else changed as far as I'm aware.
    I would imagine they're working on implementing music and videos in the background, as they originally promised. BlackBerry World is also bringing BB10 apps, which didn't seem to be featured quite as prominently when it was still called App World (correct me if I'm wrong here, I didn't visit the site often but I never noticed any BB10 apps on the main page before the rebranding). There's a lot of garbage apps from BB10 Port-a-Thon's that will hopefully be weeded out/relegated to less noticeable positions in BB World as they continue work on it.
    01-21-13 09:04 PM
    Wait till January 30th when I am sure more of the big name official apps are announced but I do feel exaclty how you feel. By the way did u also see all of the transit guides for each city. That should not be allowed . The dev should have just made 1 app that combined them all and that you could pick the city you wanted by the way I went digging and found a CBC Cascades App and it looks really good. I made a thread in the BlackBerry 10 Apps forum.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-21-13 09:09 PM
    As well all they did was rebrand it and change the layout all of the info and which apps are chosen to be featured are the same.
    01-21-13 09:10 PM
    Why are we always being told to be patient whenever there is any deficiency with any aspect of the BlackBerry ecosystem? Build-out the "new and improved" BlackBerry AppWorld on a non-public-facing server. I couldn't update a few applications on Sunday and Monday because BlackBerry AppWorld kept returning an error code instead of a simple message "Service unavailable during maintenance window (12:00ET - 16:30ET)" or similar.
    01-21-13 09:13 PM
    Maybe they shouldn't have gone live with the rebrand yet and waited for the 30th? Then show it off with all the big name apps and goodies?
    01-21-13 09:23 PM
    None of the apps on there are BB10 apps. This is not the appworld we will see for BB10.

lol

- Hudson
    01-21-13 09:29 PM
    Chill out, wait until Jan 31. I imagine that they are replacing the whole thing.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-21-13 09:35 PM
    My biggest beef is along the lines you are suggesting, Catlin. When I go into BlackBerry App World to search for a particular app, I get all sorts of apps that seem to have nothing to do with what I am searching for. I would like to just get apps with VERY similar names (in case of typos) or be able to put quotes around the name just like when surfing, and just get what I ask for. The other change I'd like to see is to have a search bar in all the subsidiary categories e.g. games, etc. It's irritating when I just want a theme (for example) but can't go into themes and look for a particular developer or theme I've seen and want to download. RIM, please organize BlackBerry World! It would be most appreciated! Thank you.
    01-21-13 10:11 PM
    BlackBerry World for BB10 is a different server then for BBOS
    01-21-13 10:16 PM
    My biggest beef is along the lines you are suggesting, Catlin. When I go into BlackBerry App World to search for a particular app, I get all sorts of apps that seem to have nothing to do with what I am searching for.
    Well, seems like Apple is having similar problems with their well-stocked App Store: Search for "Google Maps" on an iPhone. You will get the official app (and only one matching the name) at the fifth or sixth position...
    01-22-13 01:51 AM
    Are you guys aware that the "solid/feature rich/ build for BlackBerry/most wanted" app list won't show before the 30th ?
    01-22-13 02:09 AM