Is it possible to use PC internet connection on Z10 over the USB connection?
    01-16-14 07:52 AM
    Is it possible to use PC internet connection on Z10 over the USB connection?

Not really, you can use the WiFI on the BlackBerry. What kind of internet connection does your computer have?
    Nikola Stojic likes this.
    01-16-14 08:35 AM
    It's possible in theory, but probably difficult to get done. You can probably get your computer to share it's internet connection, BUT the problem would be for the BB to be able to recognize and receive the connection, you would need some sort of app on the BB end to manage this. I highly doubt there is a native ability in the BB for this and or a native app, BUT you MIGHT, MIGHT be able to find an Android app, but it's a crap shoot as to if it will work or not because in all likelihood it will require google services or some other trickery that only a native Android device can handle. It certainly would not be an easy thing to do.
    Nikola Stojic likes this.
    01-16-14 08:37 AM
    As many have said above, while physically possible, it's not something you'll accomplish unless BlackBerry were to write the code into the OS to recognize such a connection.

That said, you can easily accomplish the same with hot spot software on the PC. I once did that while vacationing in Mexico.. my hotel only had plug in ethernet, no wifi and I wanted to stay connected on bbm but didn't want to use roaming data, so I plugged in my laptop, connected to their Internet, setup the PC to emit a wifi hot spot and connected my BlackBerry to that to use bbm and email from my bes at the time.

Posted via CB10
    pkcable and Nikola Stojic like this.
    01-16-14 09:02 AM
    Yeah probably so. It would highly depend on phone receiving connection and being recognized. Running the app in Android runtime is waste of time since without phone being recognized the connection couldn't be shared. Thanks. for Wi-Fi hotspot idea. I'll try it with that.
    01-16-14 09:25 AM
    Ypu can add a Wifi port to the PC and share your internet connection. just the was you do with the notebooks
    01-16-14 09:37 AM
    I think the hot spot software I used in my laptop was called conectify if I remember correctly.

Posted via CB10
    Rohit Venugopal likes this.
    01-16-14 03:41 PM
    Couldn't you set up a blue tooth network?

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 07:55 PM
    How do you set up internet sharing via bluetooth?
    07-10-14 09:41 AM
    Try creating a Wifi hotspot through your laptop, assuming u have Wifi on your laptop, try connectify.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 08:14 PM
    Search the Internet for a software that allows your laptop to become a wifi hotspot. As long as I remember it can be done, but you would have to be connected directly via cable on the laptop so the wifi anthena would be free to broadcast the signal.

No USB solution though.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 11:34 PM