Having problems with retroarch.. the buttons don't seem to work, i.e. to start a game, even when mapped.
    I've tried upgrade to 1_0_2_97 but that hasn't helped.

Any advice appreciated..
    Buttons work. You just have to remap them every time you restart the emulator.
    07-17-15 05:57 AM
    Did
    Did that, no joy.
    07-17-15 08:00 AM
    Did

Did that, no joy.
    Did you try different cores? Is this happening with a physical keyboard device? Did you try to first remove RetroArch then reinstall? Did you try a reboot/hard reset? Just mapped some buttons so it kinda has to work...

Via Pasta CB10
    Last edited by tollfeeder; 07-18-15 at 05:23 AM.
    07-17-15 08:49 AM
    Did

Did that, no joy.
    Just in case, don't hit set, don't hit rescan, just map the buttons as soon as you open the app then load a game. Also make sure there are no devices connected like Bluetooth if you are trying to use the keypad. If it it a keypad you are trying to use, see if the controller dropdown is showing BlackBerry Q keypad. BTW what device are you trying to use? I've had problems with bt controllers with 10.3.1 but it's an OS issue, I believe.10.3.2 made it work... another person here was having a similar issue but said a restart of the phone fixed it.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-15 03:07 PM
    Hi guys
    Thanks for your input.
    Progress - I did remove, reset, and re-install which seems to have worked.
    However, the input mappings don't stick, even when I've saved config.
    When I restart Retroarch, the mappings are gone.

?
    07-17-15 04:46 PM
    FYI, I have a Passport.
    07-17-15 04:46 PM
    Missed this message. I hope this gets fixed soon!
    Thanks.
    Pcmx likes this.
    07-17-15 04:48 PM
    RetroArch-BB10 - Emulator Frontend-img_20150818_230715.png??????

Posted via CB10
    Pcmx likes this.
    08-18-15 11:36 AM
    ?????
    Looks like they're working on cores! This one in particular, I wasn't able to build. It would go 99%, then fail so they maybe had been almost done when I was trying back in July hehe:

I whipped up a quick build of RetroArch using the same as the one here to test some..

I downloaded all the ones in the 'Latest' folder. Maybe with these being nightly, a few of them didn't work. Snes had the sound "issue" that I mentioned in post, 502, I think.. PCSX Rearmed is running slow. The Gambatte Gameboy core had some more core options and ran pretty smooth on the Passport. No real crackling issues to report there! Mednafen PSX crashed. 4DO was still slow.. Dosbox won't have key inputs until something were done - probably something I did to it with modifying keypad inputs to work as controllers. Mednafen GBA worked nice; makes me wonder if there'd be one that works well on the Q5. Didn't see any Mupen64.

I don't know how that nightly build stuff works but it's pretty exciting and interesting to see some insight
    08-18-15 07:20 PM
    Looks like they're working on cores! This one in particular, I wasn't able to build. It would go 99%, then fail so they maybe had been almost done when I was trying back in July hehe:

https://db.tt/xhmF5LkZ

https://db.tt/RoKT0nCu

I whipped up a quick build of RetroArch using the same as the one here to test some..

I downloaded all the ones in the 'Latest' folder. Maybe with these being nightly, a few of them didn't work. Snes had the sound "issue" that I mentioned in post, 502, I think.. PCSX Rearmed is running slow. The Gambatte Gameboy core had some more core options and ran pretty smooth on the Passport. No real crackling issues to report there! Mednafen PSX crashed. 4DO was still slow.. Dosbox won't have key inputs until something were done - probably something I did to it with modifying keypad inputs to work as controllers. Mednafen GBA worked nice; makes me wonder if there'd be one that works well on the Q5. Didn't see any Mupen64.

I don't know how that nightly build stuff works but it's pretty exciting and interesting to see some insight
    This is taken from Dolphin's website:

"Development versions

Development versions are released every time a developer makes a change to Dolphin, several times every day! Using development versions enables you to use the latest and greatest improvements to the project. They are however less tested than stable versions of the emulator."

"Release Candidate versions

Release candidate versions are released to test an upcoming stable release of Dolphin. They are generally more stable than the Development versions, but may still have known bugs."

Nightly builds are basically the equivalent of Development versions and can be untested. They can actually have lower performance and experimental coding e.t.c. Many times they have regressions or take several builds to fix a particular issue or properly implement a new feature. So depending on what you would like to accomplish, it might be better to stick with the stable builds for the cores that are currently working well and maybe try nightly builds for particular cores that are broken to see if they got it to work, e.g. FBA or other Arcade cores that worked prior to you rebuilding retroarch for 10.3.1

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 04:52 AM
    This is taken from Dolphin's website:

"Development versions

Development versions are released every time a developer makes a change to Dolphin, several times every day! Using development versions enables you to use the latest and greatest improvements to the project. They are however less tested than stable versions of the emulator."

"Release Candidate versions

Release candidate versions are released to test an upcoming stable release of Dolphin. They are generally more stable than the Development versions, but may still have known bugs."

Nightly builds are basically the equivalent of Development versions and can be untested. They can actually have lower performance and experimental coding e.t.c. Many times they have regressions or take several builds to fix a particular issue or properly implement a new feature. So depending on what you would like to accomplish, it might be better to stick with the stable builds for the cores that are currently working well and maybe try nightly builds for particular cores that are broken to see if they got it to work, e.g. FBA or other Arcade cores that worked prior to you rebuilding retroarch for 10.3.1

Posted via CB10
    Cool. I'm interested in app development so I appreciate the insight . I just wanted to see if atari and n64 were built and how some of the other cores compared to one's I'd built from theirs and other sources

Posted via P'CB10
    08-22-15 01:11 PM
    Hi,

about crackly sound, the solution is here:

"RetroArch can give you an estimate of your monitors refresh rate in RGUI under video settings, which is updated in real-time using a running average over frame times. Make sure VSync is enabled and working. Also make sure you're running in full-screen for more accurate results (compositors can easily interfere with timing). Press accept button on the estimated refresh rate to configure RetroArch with the estimated rate. If the running average isn't drifting much anymore, it's probably a good result."

On my Passport, the real refresh rate seems to be around 58.5 FPS, so in video settings, I just pressed the accept button (backspace) when the value was stable around 58.5 and now, crackly sound is rare.

To get some more details, just search for "retroarch Getting-optimal-vsync-performance" on your favorite's search engine...

SLiX.
    08-26-15 04:57 AM
    Hi,

about crackly sound, the solution is here:

"RetroArch can give you an estimate of your monitors refresh rate in RGUI under video settings, which is updated in real-time using a running average over frame times. Make sure VSync is enabled and working. Also make sure you're running in full-screen for more accurate results (compositors can easily interfere with timing). Press accept button on the estimated refresh rate to configure RetroArch with the estimated rate. If the running average isn't drifting much anymore, it's probably a good result."

On my Passport, the real refresh rate seems to be around 58.5 FPS, so in video settings, I just pressed the accept button (backspace) when the value was stable around 58.5 and now, crackly sound is rare.

To get some more details, just search for "retroarch Getting-optimal-vsync-performance" on your favorite's search engine...

SLiX.
    08-26-15 04:57 AM
    Is it the only one developer that develope the ppsspp and RetroArch?

Posted via CB10
    09-14-15 12:30 AM
    Is it the only one developer that develope the ppsspp and RetroArch?

Posted via CB10
    No, but you can always help contributing.

Via Pasta CB10
    09-14-15 05:52 AM
    for those who read this thread frequently. did the devs say anything about cheats being added? or when is the next update?

i've been reading a bit, and it seems that the key mappings is not a random issue since im having it too (i installed the older version)
    im really interested in this development since i prefer native over ported apps. love using the keys of my pp
    09-24-15 07:25 PM
    It's flash back when i play MD games putting it SD card by MD core.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 03:51 AM
    Will is it anything update?

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 10:14 PM
    So...I just found out something.

So I was just playing around on Pok�mon on the GBA core and I decided to mess around on the screen. Nothing much. Just tapped around on the screen, really. There seems to be a hidden D-pad and buttons on the screen, but you obviously can't see it, though.

I use a Passport, so I dunno if it's related to that. It doesn't matter too much, though, since I use the keys to play instead of the hidden D-pad. I'll probably take a screenshot and edit it to show you what I mean.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-15 10:50 PM
    So...I just found out something.

So I was just playing around on Pok�mon on the GBA core and I decided to mess around on the screen. Nothing much. Just tapped around on the screen, really. There seems to be a hidden D-pad and buttons on the screen, but you obviously can't see it, though.

I use a Passport, so I dunno if it's related to that. It doesn't matter too much, though, since I use the keys to play instead of the hidden D-pad. I'll probably take a screenshot and edit it to show you what I mean.

Posted via CB10
    You're right. While I played with the program, I could see that there's a part to it that says something along the lines of; if there's a keyboard hooked up, hide the on screen controls. They're still there as you've noticed and can be made visible in the settings. Even tho its a square screen device, setting it to landscape will make the control on screen fill it instead of being just on the bottom half. It will always show these controls as invisible every time the app is restarted as it is programmed this way. It might be useful to people who prefer touch screen controls.
    RetroArch-BB10 - Emulator Frontend-img_20151016_064334.png
    RetroArch-BB10 - Emulator Frontend-img_20151016_064505.png
    RetroArch-BB10 - Emulator Frontend-img_20151016_064654.png

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 06:57 AM
    Might not be particularly aesthetically pleasing, though. Looking through your screenshots, the on-screen buttons look stretched out. But that's definitely attributed to the Passport's square screen.

It was definitely a somewhat interesting find, though. I just assumed on-screen controls wouldn't be there at all if one was using a phone with a physical keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 10:28 PM
    Hi
    Emulator works nice. This is the only one which supports my Blackberry Q10 keyboard..
    But few questions:
    - Is that possible to exit to main menu?
    - Is it possible to save the key bindings? I suppose they are saved in RetroArch.cfg somewhere inside the .bar package..
    - Is that possible to quick save/load? I found only an option inside RetroArch to save to defferent number states, but seems it doesn't work after game restart.
    11-07-15 05:39 PM
    Hi
    Emulator works nice. This is the only one which supports my Blackberry Q10 keyboard..
    But few questions:
    - Is that possible to exit to main menu?
    - Is it possible to save the key bindings? I suppose they are saved in RetroArch.cfg somewhere inside the .bar package..
    - Is that possible to quick save/load? I found only an option inside RetroArch to save to defferent number states, but seems it doesn't work after game restart.
    Hello and welcome! Afaik, there are no ways to return to the Cascades menu without closing or save key mapping. Saving and loading states are possible from the RGUI menu on a Q device but an all touch can also bring up an on screen menu to do this, it's just hidden along with the on screen buttons when there's a pkb present.

I don't think the retroarch.cfg is able to save the keybindings as they are displayed as unknown in RGUI. There are a few initializers at every start of the program that I believe address these unknowns but that means this version of the program calls for things such as a default keybinding and whether or not to hide the touch screen controls which are still present as noted in posts above. In other words I don't think the .cfg can store these values in this version so they need to be assigned.

RetroArch-BB10 - Emulator Frontend-img_20151108_132518.png

The states will probably only work for the core that was being used so it might be possible that it'll work in the one nes core but not the other nes core. They are working for me when I use them but one word of caution is that it can be easy to save over a state in RGUI with the options being close to each other, especially if meaning to load but accidently not cursoring and hitting save instead. I save 2 of the same or similar states now after doing this.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 01:46 PM
    It is for a long time that RetroArch official have not updating the game cores of BB10 platform .

Blackberry Z10 -2
    11-20-15 01:35 AM
    Very long time even!

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 02:11 AM
614 ... 2021222324 ...