So, as I restart my phone, it takes about 5 minutes so the memory card starts to be indexed... I don't think this is normal.

Also, I have playlists that don't exist show up on my phone that I can't delete...
    03-09-13 01:33 PM
    the first problem I can't say, since that happens a bit (though only 2 minutes) on my 9800, and it also depends on what SD card you have in there as well (a class 2 should be a bit slower than class 4...but you can look at that here).

On the other hand, I only dealt with that issue once myself...

As it only works when the playlists are on the SD card, I have no idea if it can be applied on the device memory.

1. pull out your SD card
    2. back up whatever you have that wants to be on the card afterwards onto the computer
    3. plug the SD card back to the phone and format it
    4. plug the SD card back to the computer and put whatever you had backed up back in
    5. enjoy the lack of "ghosts"
    03-09-13 01:52 PM
    the first problem I can't say, since that happens a bit (though only 2 minutes) on my 9800, and it also depends on what SD card you have in there as well (a class 2 should be a bit slower than class 4...but you can look at that here).

On the other hand, I only dealt with that issue once myself...

As it only works when the playlists are on the SD card, I have no idea if it can be applied on the device memory.

1. pull out your SD card
    2. back up whatever you have that wants to be on the card afterwards onto the computer
    3. plug the SD card back to the phone and format it
    4. plug the SD card back to the computer and put whatever you had backed up back in
    5. enjoy the lack of "ghosts"
    I'll try the ghost thing. I was actually going to do that now.

I have a 32GB Class 10. I know what I'm doing when it comes to technology. Studying CS.
    03-09-13 11:25 PM
    Ghosting fixed. It still clears all the index at startup. It should actually save a copy of the index file and validate if it's the same after bootup and just use the one already indexed. Maybe it's coming later? In another update?
    03-10-13 12:10 AM
    Ghosting fixed. It still clears all the index at startup. It should actually save a copy of the index file and validate if it's the same after bootup and just use the one already indexed. Maybe it's coming later? In another update?
    I can't speak speciically about the Z10, but I'd assume a lot of the old practices from the old BlackBerry OS will carry over. And if that is true, then every time you restart or do a battery pull, then it will have to re-index all your files on the microSD. I have the same annoyance, and there is no way around it. I also have a class 10 32GB microSD in my Torch phone and it's about half filled with music and it also takes me around 5 mins to full load/index before I can play any of the music..

It's not a bug. Because the microSD is removable, it always has to reread the card when you restart or remove it. But it's okay, after all, how often do you restart your phone right before you listen to music?
    03-10-13 12:19 AM
    I can't speak speciically about the Z10, but I'd assume a lot of the old practices from the old BlackBerry OS will carry over. And if that is try, then every time you restart or do a battery pull, then it will have to re-index all your files on the microSD. I have the same annoyance, and there is no way around it. I also have a class 10 32GB microSD in my Torch phone and it's about half filled with music and it also takes me around 5 mins to full load/index before I can do anything.

It's not a bug. Because the microSD is removable, it always has to reread the card when you restart or remove it.
    Yeah, but technically, if it creates a think like indexing whenever a new files comes on it and makes a MD5 Sum thing for the entire index file container and compares it with the MD5 (same version of the file, just one copy on the SD card and one on the internal memory) this would make for very fast access (internal) and no need to check, and if it's the same card, update that 1-5 files, and if not, then either keep for 5 days or delete altogether automatically if another card is inserted.

Windows keeps all the files index even after a restart and all. Z10 should too. It also saves battery from indexing, saves time on bootup and makes for a better user experience.
    03-10-13 12:25 AM