So my phone needs a factory reset(getting slow) how can I save some android apps( apk file) that I cannot find anymore so I can reload them after I reset my phone
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    09-13-16 06:37 PM
    you would need to find the apks and save them to your laptop or desktop computer. Did you save them after installing? Maybe they are in a directory on your phone.
    09-13-16 07:05 PM
    On my Passport I saved all my Android app to my micro SD card, then removed my Sim and micro SD card, factory rest my phone, replaced my respectable cards back into their slots and re-download them as I pleased...

Posted via CB10
    09-13-16 09:20 PM
    So my phone needs a factory reset(getting slow) how can I save some android apps( apk file) that I cannot find anymore so I can reload them after I reset my phone
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    There are all sorts of apk backup apps in Google Playstore. Some may work on BB10 phones.
    09-13-16 09:58 PM
    I've used BlackBerry Link for exactly this problem.

When you use Link to backup your phone, select "Custom" backup. Give it a couple of minutes to churn thru your phone and it will display a list of all your apps. Tap the little box to place a check mark beside the ones you want to be backed up. Also make sure you check the item at the bottom where it says to keep the application install files (the "apk" files for Android apps) or as suggested above, copy the apk files onto your memory card. After backing up the phone, you can use Link to reset to factory settings, then an update to 10.3.2 should appear right away and go ahead to install that. Next run the apk files to install those apps back onto your phone. And then run the restore process to restore all your settings and data for those apps.

I've used Link for this a few times over the 3 years I've owned my Z30 and it has worked every time.

Posted via CB10
    Greg M2 likes this.
    09-14-16 05:57 PM
    if you open your file manager and look in your downloads you will see the apk files. Copy and save them somewhere for later

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    dirtyberry75 likes this.
    09-14-16 06:17 PM