Research In Motion, whose BlackBerry phones pioneered wireless email, no longer holds the commanding heights in the smartphone market. With Android, iOS, and even Windows Phone gaining market share, the Waterloo, Ontario, company finds itself in a battle for relevancy. The past year has been especially hard on the once-innovative RIM, but it may be at a turning point. Or the beginning of the end.

Last April, Mike Lazaridis sat in a BBC studio, holding his company's future in his hands: a svelte seven-inch tablet, black, with the word "BlackBerry" emblazoned across its front. The PlayBook.

The company was Research In Motion, the Canadian firm whose BlackBerry virtually created the smartphone market. Success had come almost naturally to the company, until five years ago, when Apple released the first iPhone and upended RIM's long-held strategy of appealing primarily to email-addicted professionals. Apple expanded the market by building a smartphone not just for business people, but for the great mass of well-heeled, tech-hungry consumers. Apple's success opened the door for another large, deep-pocketed competitor: Google, with the acquisition and development of Android. The mobile landscape shifted dramatically — new players, new customers, and new alliances — and RIM made costly missteps scrambling to adjust.

More Details and More Information Click on the provided Link and Enjoy!

Web Site: Research, no motion: How the BlackBerry CEOs lost an empire | The Verge

The Big Mistake of BlackBerry going with QNX Corp, ( this factor alone with throw BlackBerry Corp. right out of the World Wide Smartphone and Wireless Markets )

Web Site: http://www.pcworld.com/article/23759...elm_Users.html

Like Always Regards,
    Tom
    03-01-13 07:42 AM
    This article is OVER A YEAR OLD!!!

EDIT: Ok, at first I thought the OP was trying to screw with us. But I get it now.
    Not only did we make it to BB10, we made it with $3 billion in cash and a sub base of 78 million!!!! Screw all the naysayers!
    Last edited by sk8er_tor; 03-01-13 at 08:01 AM.
    03-01-13 07:50 AM
    Lol. Aug of 2011....yah these qnx thingies Will Never get released.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    03-01-13 07:53 AM
    Sorry... last minute update... empire is not lost ... empire strikes back
    nquyen, nasi goreng, BLu and 1 others like this.
    03-01-13 07:59 AM
    Don't go by how old these links are,

This is the stuff shareholder and investors and ever world wide Service Provider makes sound judgments in Keeping BlackBerry or Scrapping them,

By there way later this month there will be a update in both of these links and its not at all positive news for BlackBerry Corp.

Looks like BlackBerry is starting to lay off again and this time 25% to 30% of all their staff, that's from an inside buddy or mine who is struggling to even show up at BlackBerry Corps, HQ every day for the last 20 years...

These lay offs will be in the media by this weekend or by next week...

Like Always Regards,
    Tom
    03-01-13 08:03 AM
    Lots of folks don't agree, This time around BlackBerry Is Toast !

And within the very near future you all will see it, and hear about it across ever media channel before year end! ( BlackBerry Corp. will be saying Goodbye and Thanks for all your support but we cant compete anymore in these Smartphone Global Market )

03-01-13 08:07 AM
    I hear that Obama will never get a second term either!
    03-01-13 08:08 AM
    Yes I know a few Ppl who got laid off last week. It's a part of the same cost cutting g measures they started under the new watch.

Also heard that they are or will be leaving the buildings on Philip St in waterloo soon to continue to consolidate.

If you read the article another user posted today about the Forbes article it sums up why I couldn't disagree more with the fear mongering.

Read up on qnx and enstream (Rogers and bell) to see what else BlackBerry brings to the table that most of these articles don't mention. Using nfc in Canada to make a purchase will be tough to do without using rims technology.

sangheta85 likes this.
    03-01-13 08:11 AM
    Lol Obama will never win and the world will end in 2012. Hold in I have an article from 2009 ill post here in a min.

03-01-13 08:13 AM
    Ahh the abundance of trolls never dies here. Go post on CNET its perfect for you. Keep hating. Crackberry users and z10 owners know the truth regardless what spin and disinformation you put out there we can see through the BS.

CB10- z10
    BLu likes this.
    03-01-13 08:16 AM
    Don't use Rogers or Bell, that's a micro market on the within the Global, scale or marketing for any Smartphone Manufacture just a tiny drop of water in the Ocean...

Lets wait for the result in China how the Service Providers like the new BlackBerry QNX OS, lets wait and see if these Service Provider sign on with this all ready out outdated technology!

Some main stream Service Providers are all ready calling it the New BlackBerry OS 10 a risk and again that's terrible news...

And again in March lets see how BlackBerry does within the American Market, ( wall street all ready has packed it up for BlackBerry that its over )

Like always Regards,
    Tom
    03-01-13 08:21 AM

Looks like BlackBerry is starting to lay off again and this time 25% to 30% of all their staff, that's from an inside buddy or mine who is struggling to even show up at BlackBerry Corps, HQ every day for the last 20 years...

These lay offs will be in the media by this weekend or by next week...

Like Always Regards,
    Tom
    Are these manufacturing and device repair jobs in the Waterloo area?? possibly part of the 5000 job cuts announced last year.

Always sad to see people lose their jobs.
    03-01-13 08:21 AM
    Yawn.

You are unoriginal, lack creativeness and don't even provide an ounce of humor that most trolls can.
    BLu likes this.
    03-01-13 08:24 AM
    Hey its one of these things, believe what you want to believe and the truth of this matter is right around the corner for you and everyone to see that its ( Game Over for BlackBerry and this time no more chances and there is no more money left to play with )

Time will tell, and rest assure you will be corrected accordingly with this very clear and no brainer argument...

Again time will tell, reports to tell stories, or play troll games

Tom
    03-01-13 08:27 AM
    Yes its very terrible to see people lose their jobs in matter of fact its scares the **** out of me!

BlackBerry has made too many mistakes and too many enemies around the world and its seems that this is stuff is going to snuff them, and the very big mistake of using QNX to build their OS for these so called all ready dead in the water BlackBerry OS 10 Devices...

Yes and for sure very tough times have arrived at BlackBerry this time around like never before...
    03-01-13 08:32 AM
    Lol all i can say to the OP, such a waist of time to search google for negative posts about BlackBerry, maybe thats your job, maybe they're paying you, but honestly, idk where you get your stupid info from, when all carriers are saying that the z10 is outselling iphone and android.
    03-01-13 08:33 AM
    I suggest you start looking at some Sumsung or Apple Devices, from this point on!
    If you catch my drift
    03-01-13 08:33 AM
    Always amazes me how BlackBerry has been dead or dying for a number of years, yet in quite a few parts of the world they couldn't be more alive! Where's my Z10 already!
    03-01-13 08:34 AM
    Yes its very terrible to see people lose their jobs in matter of fact its scares the **** out of me!

BlackBerry has made too many mistakes and too many enemies around the world and its seems that this is stuff is going to snuff them, and the very big mistake of using QNX to build their OS for these so called all ready dead in the water BlackBerry OS 10 Devices...

Yes and for sure very tough times have arrived at BlackBerry this time around like never before...
    your funny.... can i get some of your magical powers to see in to the future? i need to win the lottery!
    03-01-13 08:35 AM
    LOL@Oscare and big time, your comments are very far fetched and good luck with your very so unreal wishful thing and points...
    03-01-13 08:35 AM
    check out this article:

Even at Rs 43,490, BlackBerry Z10 registers promising sales

Now go smash your head to the wall or something, lol !!
    R Field likes this.
    03-01-13 08:38 AM
    I wish trust me that was the case, and I really mean that from the bottom of my heart not to be sharing all these details, trust me on that note I wish that its could have been nothing but up and up for BlackBerry, that would make lots of people very happy and including me...
    Overwhelming majority of customer satisfaction feedback has been positive see Bell, Rogers, Telus, Fido, Future shop sites if you don't believe us. Its rated better than any Samsung or Apple phone. I've heard good things on here from people in UK, India, UAE so how about we wait for the quarter announcements before posting more of this garbage. They're is plenty of the baseless (Apple paid) stuff already out there.

CB10- z10
    Overwhelming majority of customer satisfaction feedback has been positive see Bell, Rogers, Telus, Fido, Future shop sites if you don't believe us. Its rated better than any Samsung or Apple phone. I've heard good things on here from people in UK, India, UAE so how about we wait for the quarter announcements before posting more of this garbage. They're is plenty of the baseless (Apple paid) stuff already out there.

CB10- z10
    Like we have said its a wait and see game now, its all about how many Service Provider Sign On with BlackBerry Corp.

Its now all about Money and how fast BlackBerry can report to their share holders with good numbers or terrible numbers, its the share holder who will vote on this one way or the other, if BlackBerry will keep swimming or if they sink

Its honest to say at this point to say its really in the World Wide Service Providers hands and the Shareholder who does and has all the power over BlackBerry Corp, with that said BlackBerry Corp, is now in the side lines and is just wishing the best results that are in favour for BlackBerry to stick around or to close shop once and for all...

That statement above is where it all boils down to folks for the near future and future of BlackBerry Corp...
    03-01-13 08:50 AM
    If Blackberry fail it will be bought by Lenovo probably so we don't have to worry at the moment...
    03-01-13 08:54 AM
54 123