My apologies if this issue has been previously addressed... after I installed the 10.2.0.424 update, I started to receive notifications that a "New Time Zone" has been set, typically once and sometimes twice a day. I had this same issue back in May, but at some point it went away; now it's back again and I'm wondering if there's a simple fix.

Cheers,
    Paul
    11-10-13 06:32 PM
    Are you close to another time-zone border or something?
    I use 10.2.0.424 (Bell) and travel a lot but only get this once I switch zones Atlantic | Eastern | Central but only when I cross time zone lines on arrival.
    Maybe your local may be coming up geographically close to a border (Eastern / Atlantic)
    11-10-13 07:19 PM
    Hi Snap,

I should have mentioned that I'm quite some distance from next time zone. I may give Telus technical support a call, but I suspect this is something I'll have to live with for awhile yet.

This latest notification came earlier today:

Repated Notifications of New Time Zone Set-img_00000002.png

I should be due for another one in the next few hours.

Cheers,
    Paul
    11-10-13 09:06 PM
    I would check with them, or you could also backup and do a fresh setup of your device just to see.
    11-10-13 09:29 PM
    If you don't travel across time zones often, you could just turn off the 'Auto Update Time Zone' (swipe from top, settings, date and time).

Repated Notifications of New Time Zone Set-img_00000918.png

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 09:34 PM
    Thanks, folks, for the suggestions. I've turned off the Auto Update Time Zone function for now, and we'll see if that corrects the problem. However, I was digging through some of my earlier posts and came across my reply to another thread on this same topic back in May:

I was getting this same message on my Q10, like you, two or three times a day. I turned off the auto update feature thinking that this might do the trick, but it persisted. It has since stopped, at least for the time being. I also experienced a series of pop server errors that required me to renter my account password each time, but that seems to have settled down as well.

Addendum :

I was wrong. I received another notification earlier this morning telling me that "Account Info Needed -- Your login information for POP server [pop.bellaliant.net] has changed or is incorrect. Please check your account settings." When I go to my Account Setting, it tells me I'm "Not Connected - Account Invalid". If I enter my password in the Update Password field and press Save, I'm good. However, I have to remember to first turn off my Wi-Fi under Network Connection because my outgoing message server (SMTP Service Address) is with Telus and not Sympatico. This is becoming a Royal Pain in the Bouctouche.
    I haven't had the password stripped from my account profile lately, but a few weeks ago I was re-entering it at least once or twice a day.

Cheers,
    Paul
    11-10-13 10:17 PM
    I've had this happen every so often since updating to 10.2. Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1791 now

I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba. And have it set to auto update time zone. We are central time zone.
    Only thing I can think is because now daylight savings stuff, saskatchewan is on same time as manitoba, as in the spring saskatchewan is on Alberta timezone (mountain time).

What I have happen is that is switches to saskatchewan time by itself. When i get the notification of timezone update, I go in to date/time settings, and it's at Saskatchewan time.
    I'm also curious that if it keeps doing this, will I now be "roaming" on saskatchewan, if I don't catch it to switch it to regular central time?

Also when I go into my settings, it shows my latest (re)boot time as GMT time, when I'm in CST.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 10:54 AM
    I don't know if it's in any way related to the recent time change now that DST has ended, but the problem seems to have corrected itself; there have been no new notifications in the past few days. And knock on wood, I haven't had any server issues with my Bell Sympatico account.

One more mystery to be solved.

Cheers,
    Paul
    11-13-13 04:19 PM
    Could be with the daylight savings. I ended up just turning off auto timezone update in settings.
    With CST in Manitoba, right now saskatchewan follows us (even though they are saskatchewan time). In the spring. Saskatchewan follows MST, aka Alberta.
    As attached, both central and saskatchewan time zones are '-6' times. Saskatchewan doesn't follow daylight savings, just the two neighboring provinces when they change with daylight time.

So I thought this was maybe because of this, but I see I'm not the only province with this issue.
    10.1 OS wasn't an issue, although daylight savings time didn't end when I had my Z10...

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 08:32 PM
    I'm now experiencing this little bug with the latest leak

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 07:30 AM
    Hi yasmar,

I'm still on 10.2.0.429 and I'm now getting the dreaded "Account Info Needed -- Your login information for POP server [pop.bellaliant.net] has changed or is incorrect. Please check your account settings." error messages again, and I have to say it's really starting to tick me off. Why does it constantly strip out my account password?
    01-04-14 09:20 AM
    I have been across most of Canada with my Q10 and for the most part it has worked great. There is a place in Nova Scotia though (by the Halifax International Airport) where whenever I pass that point it talls me that it's switched to Atlantic time zone. It's quite annoying and I have never figured out what's causing it. Lucky I don't live in Nova Scotia so it's not a big issue for me

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 12:56 PM
    What I don't understand is the complete and utter randomness of it all. It acts up, then works perfectly fine for weeks or months at a time, and after you think you're fully in the clear, the same issues start popping up again.

I still love my Q10, but having to re-enter my e-mail account password over and over again is driving me nuts.
    01-04-14 01:19 PM