Under OS5/6/7 we had a very powerfull TaskApp (ToDo) with status/ priority / reminder and so on. This App perfectly synced with Exchange 2010 or Lotus Domino through BES5.
    I can't find anything comparable under BB10. The App "Remember" seems to be fine for "notes" even I don't understand if it can sync to Evernote AND Activesync
    oder just Evernote OR ActiveSync.

How can I manage all my task in BB10? I need to setup reminders AND priority AND status (in progress / not started yet) or rather
    where do I find all my tasks created within Exchange 2010?
    MCGozers likes this.
    02-21-13 08:34 AM
    I would also like to know how to assign an email as a task in remember. There does not seem to be anything in the context menus unless I missed it somewhere

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 03:57 PM
    uuuurrrrrrggg! I have posted about this numerous times. Please fix this BlackBerry! Remember is so incomplete!

CB10 App, Z10
    02-21-13 04:13 PM
    On the hub, long press for context menu and then Flag.

Now go to Remember, look in Unfiled Entries, find the message and set a reminder date.

A bit cumbersome, but works.

I would take Evernote integration over bbos tasks, but I do miss having the ability to set a reminder at a specific time, not just date, and tags (aka categories) would be nice too.

I'd also like to be able to move flagged messages from Unfiled Entries to another folder, but seems you can't do that.
    02-21-13 04:51 PM
    Please add Categories to the list. Anyone following any kind of priority/time management system needs this. If they're thinking Tags will do it, then there needs to be some sort of ability to create a predefined list to pick from so people can set up projects, contexts, etc. There also needs to be a completion status. There also need to be sort capabilities to control how records are displayed. A listing of all tasks either alphabetically or whatever won't cut it.

I really like the idea of being able to link so many things in Remember (web pages, emails, etc.) but there needs to be a structure available. Especially if it's aimed at "People who do".

- R.
    02-21-13 06:38 PM
    On the hub, long press for context menu and then Flag.

Now go to Remember, look in Unfiled Entries, find the message and set a reminder date.

A bit cumbersome, but works.

I would take Evernote integration over bbos tasks, but I do miss having the ability to set a reminder at a specific time, not just date, and tags (aka categories) would be nice too.

I'd also like to be able to move flagged messages from Unfiled Entries to another folder, but seems you can't do that.
    * you can move flagged messages to any folder that exists in you remember application. Just find it in 'un filed' and open. Then tap the folder and change it to another existing folder. Save.

CB10 App, Z10
    02-21-13 07:49 PM
    Weird, I don't have the option to move them at all.. specifically email messages I flagged.
    02-21-13 08:03 PM
    once you have flagged the file go to Remember application and open 'unfiled' folder. then tap the flagged file. tap the folder bar near the top of the screen and a drop down box of all of your folders will open. Pick the folder you want the file in and save. The file will move to selected folder.

CB10 App, Z10
    02-21-13 08:22 PM
    Thanks. I know how to move files around in remember, but for email that I flag (from my work exchange account) don't give me that option. The only option I have is to add a new local, un sync'd filder.
    02-21-13 08:41 PM
    I can move files from Unfiled Entries to another file...but not to any file that is set up to sync to evernote. If I create a new folder set to sync to evernote, it won't show up in the list of available folders when you try to move files. And if you try to create new folder for these files from within the Unfiled Entry or simlar unsync'd folder, the only option it gives you for the folder is "sync to nothing".

so these old memos are here, but not backed up in case of future disaster or changes. And now without the wired back up to desktop...their days are numbered
    Last edited by aquin001; 03-10-13 at 01:14 PM.
    03-10-13 01:00 PM
    I think the essence of the problem is that the Remember app is just too basic, it feels very incomplete. If Blackberry is going to keep its reputation as the platform for those who do it's going to need to do better than this, and soon. And we need a complete Evernote app, something that can handle more than just plain text!
    MCGozers likes this.
    03-11-13 11:18 AM
    Could not agree more, autumncorvus--Remember is definitely too basic and incomplete. Overall, I love the Z10, but the lack of Outlook sync for us non-Exchange users and the integration of Evernote with Remember are significant irritants.

I would really just prefer to have Evernote as a separate app and then a proper Outlook Tasks, Memos, Calendar sync. I had to go to a 3rd party app to get this, so having non-Evernote stuff in Remember is of no advantage, since everything shows up in Unfiled Entries, jumbled together, no categories (I'm a GTDer, so contexts/categories are important). I realize I can move things into Evernote folders, but if I wanted to do that, I'd be using Evernote in that way.

I guess it's the text-only nature of Remember that screws up the formatting on my Evernote notes. When I added todo checkboxes on an errands list yesterday, Remember replaced the boxes with the word "unchecked." It also regularly replaces apostophes with "'" Very unhelpful.

Please, BB, pay attention to this issue sooner than later. Definitely affecting my enjoyment of the phone.
    03-12-13 02:34 PM
    Please report all issues to BlackBerry support, so that they can improve the Remember App further. I guess they will be very eager to to things right, and hence they will need a lot of feedback from us users. Hoping for a Q10 with your suggestions built in :-) Thanks.
    03-14-13 06:13 AM
    Thanks--I did contact BB support about the problem. Hadn't actually thought about doing that!
    03-15-13 05:42 PM
    I miss those features so much...the synergy between calendar/contacts/tasks of Os 6.0 ... I really organized my world with it before the Z10

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 12:42 PM
    Plus, the ability to add recurring tasks over selectable periods up to annual.

While we are at it, why not integrate with a calendar for appointments.
    MCGozers likes this.
    03-16-13 09:22 PM
    I think the essence of the problem is that the Remember app is just too basic, it feels very incomplete. If Blackberry is going to keep its reputation as the platform for those who do it's going to need to do better than this, and soon. And we need a complete Evernote app, something that can handle more than just plain text!
    Remember needs an update for sure. Native Evernote would be great. Even PB has a native Evernote!
    03-16-13 11:00 PM
    I really miss the lotus notes integration. I have a list on my desktop that integrated perfectly with the task list that was there for the former os's. Now we have two separate lists?
    There is a setting in the account options for the tasks to be synchronized and it is set, but i don't see my tasks from my notes desktop. We are still using the pre 9 release of traveler. Will this be fixed in the latest release?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by dudoo; 04-11-13 at 05:24 AM.
    04-11-13 05:09 AM
    The Evernote Android sideload app works ok. A little slow but gives you full functionality.
    06-13-13 09:04 PM
    Blackberry's release priorities are baffling. Okay, so they want to reach out further but that has to be from the existing client base. I am utterly amazed at how bad the migration from legacy BlackBerry devices to the new platform has been. I am not a legacy BlackBerry fan, the Z10 is my first. But reading about others experiences is disheartening.

Not just the data conversion issues, but how much basic functionality has been lost from one platform to the next. How poor the new calendar and task management is, the way the LED flash stuff works and a rake of other features.

This is textbook "how to brass of the client base" and any corporate strategist should know this, so what are they doing?

On top of this they keep releasing new devices into the market before maturing the existing offerings. Again a classic corporate strategy no no. Learn from history, we can see where this is going to end up. BlackBerry will not succeed in the Apple space with an Android product; stop it with the Q5 etc until a much bigger portion of issues are busted.

There's already at least 4 types of Z10 out there and the OSs are at various release levels. The product mix is too diverse at this stage of the cycle.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 09:56 PM
    I am sorry to bring up this old thread, but could I just ask whether there is any way for the tasks that I input to Remember using the shortcut "task xxxx" that goes to unfiled entries in Remember to by default go into Evernote?
    08-12-13 09:37 PM
    10.3.1.2072 fixes the Reminder App problem with recurring tasks, but then I discovered that the �Remember� app buries all my open tasks among already completed tasks. So, next I spent another � hour deleting all my completed tasks (which is inconvenient because it erases my history, but I thought I would at least try this). Then I discovered that any task scheduled more than 1 week out gets dumped into a big �alphabetical pile� of tasks (even if I select "sort by due date"). In other words, if I want to check on my business flight to Phoenix in April, I can�t find it because it is thrown into an alphabetical list and comes somewhere after my wife�s birthday in August�..

Needless to say, Blackberry has replaced their useful �Tasks� app with a very limited �Remember� app on the latest units. Since I rely heavily on Tasks in Outlook, and need to synch reliably to the BB and be able to access the information easily, I�m afraid all is lost for now with my attempted Q10 conversion. I'll have to keep using my Curve until BB restores the useful Tasks feature from the previous versions.
    01-15-15 10:21 AM
    I too have been struggling with this deficiency since switching to OS10, luckily I can still rely on my laptop's Outlook to manage my contacts and tasks efficiently. Quite honestly I'm really not sure where BlackBerry is going with all this nowadays... too bad considering is was once the best smartphone to manage my daily needs when it used to perfectly sync with my EAS Outlook.

Posted via my kick@ss Q10.
    01-15-15 10:30 AM
    I am in the same boat. Solution I found is to sync tasks via outlook.com with remember and Outlook if I install the outlook.com account in my computer and in my phone.

Be aware that not attachments are allowed via outlook.com account and remember app.

BlackBerry didn't raise the bar with Remember. I have read far more bad experiences than good ones. Same happens in the Phone App.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 05:22 PM
    10.3.1.2072 fixes the Reminder App problem with recurring tasks, but then I discovered that the �Remember� app buries all my open tasks among already completed tasks. So, next I spent another � hour deleting all my completed tasks (which is inconvenient because it erases my history, but I thought I would at least try this). Then I discovered that any task scheduled more than 1 week out gets dumped into a big �alphabetical pile� of tasks (even if I select "sort by due date"). In other words, if I want to check on my business flight to Phoenix in April, I can�t find it because it is thrown into an alphabetical list and comes somewhere after my wife�s birthday in August�..

Needless to say, Blackberry has replaced their useful �Tasks� app with a very limited �Remember� app on the latest units. Since I rely heavily on Tasks in Outlook, and need to synch reliably to the BB and be able to access the information easily, I�m afraid all is lost for now with my attempted Q10 conversion. I'll have to keep using my Curve until BB restores the useful Tasks feature from the previous versions.
    If I understand you correctly I had the same issue after restoring tasks in Remember, however if you wait until the next day the tasks will be ordered as expected. What happened in my case was completed tasks were thought by the OS to have all been completed the day of the restore, but after the first day passed the completed tasks were pushed to the bottom of the list.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 08:42 PM
26 12