Morning all,

For those that use remember with an exchange account, have the following questions.

When flagging email in outlook it pops up in 'Unfiled Entries' folder within the remember app.
    Now opening this within the remember app you have email attached and can set due date and reminder time.
    When due date and reminder is set this does not sync with Outlook on PC, it pops up fine on the phone but no task reminder within Outlook.

Can this be fixed (am I doing it wrong) or is this not possible at the moment? I don't seem to be able to move it to another folder either...

Tasks that are created on the phone through remember or outlook seem to sync fine within the Tasks folder for this account. Just don't know why flagged emails do not work correctly.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-27-14 04:21 PM
    For those that use remember with an exchange account, have the following questions.

When flagging email in outlook it pops up in 'Unfiled Entries' folder within the remember app.
    Now opening this within the remember app you have email attached and can set due date and reminder time.
    When due date and reminder is set this does not sync with Outlook on PC, it pops up fine on the phone but no task reminder within Outlook.

Can this be fixed (am I doing it wrong) or is this not possible at the moment? I don't seem to be able to move it to another folder either...

Tasks that are created on the phone through remember or outlook seem to sync fine within the Tasks folder for this account. Just don't know why flagged emails do not work correctly.

Those flagged emails are very special Remember entries. You should see some sort of "tag" on them that shows that they are flagged emails. (I forget what it looks like, I haven't bothered with that feature after I tested it a year ago and realized how limited it was.)

And you do not have complete control over them - in fact if the original email is removed from Hub either because you deleted it on the device or any other endpoint that synchronizes with that account, those emails disappear from Remember.

Which is why it does not surprise me that changing the record type from "note" to "task" probably doesn't work as you might otherwise expect.

If you want to sync "tasks" you need to do that by selecting that function when you setup the Exchange account, and then they will be synced to Remember as tasks, and not as flagged emails.
    04-27-14 08:44 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I'm sure I have setup the account syncing correctly, every thing has been turned on for this account.

If I flag an email within the hub or outlook it will end up in the 'Unfiled Entries' folder. So the flag sync's across fine between the two but the reminders set do not. I can not move these to any other folder either.

If I create a task it will show up in tasks on both remember and within outlook. Reminders set display on both device and outlook.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-28-14 06:59 AM
    Thanks for the reply. I'm sure I have setup the account syncing correctly, every thing has been turned on for this account.

If I flag an email within the hub or outlook it will end up in the 'Unfiled Entries' folder. So the flag sync's across fine between the two but the reminders set do not. I can not move these to any other folder either.

If I create a task it will show up in tasks on both remember and within outlook. Reminders set display on both device and outlook.

I don't know, it seems we're going in circles here.

Because what it seems like what you are trying do is change a flagged email into a task.

I'm just telling you that I do not think that is possible. A task is a task, and a flagged email is a flagged email.

When you are dealing with the local Remember database and press the button on a Remember item called "Task", you are changing that record type to "task". If you press the button on a Remember item called "Note", you care changing that record type to "Note".

But if you are syncing things with an external source, I doubt you can change the record type simply by making that change in Remember - because Remember is not the "parent database" of that data - the Exchange server is.
    04-28-14 11:08 AM
    I think what Omnitech is saying is no.

Your flagged note is really just a link to that email. Anything you do in remember - like adding a due date - is not actually affecting the email - just the remember note. So even though your email syncs to Outlook - remember does not.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 10:15 AM

Your flagged note is really just a link to that email. Anything you do in remember - like adding a due date - is not actually affecting the email - just the remember note. So even though your email syncs to Outlook - remember does not.

Posted via CB10
    Ah this explains it. Thanks for dumming it down, I am just a mechanic after all lol!!

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-30-14 02:41 AM
    Ah this explains it. Thanks for dumming it down, I am just a mechanic after all lol!!

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2141
    I wasn't really dumbing it down. Lol. I had to read it a few times and make sense of it in my own head.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 04:37 PM
    All in all it would be a nice feature to have.

Flagging email and setting a reminder date.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2141
    05-02-14 08:23 AM

Just to clarify: if you are connected to an MS Exchange server that supports notes and task syncing - Remember CAN sync to Exchange or (theoretically) other systems using Exchange Activesync, for "Notes" and/or "Tasks". But what the OP was apparently trying to do was change a link to a particular data type (email) into another data type. (task)

I do believe in the case of notes and tasks that since Remember is in fact the sync endpoint, then you can change notes and tasks in Remember and those changes should sync back to the server. (If that server version supports it and the features are enabled on both sides)
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    05-04-14 04:31 PM