So the word I am getting now from my system admin is that Rim is telling us that we have to relicense our BES Server if we want to upgrade to BB10.. thats not going to happen.. Time to dump BB at my place of business. Anyone else hear same thing ?
    06-07-12 01:17 PM
    That is not 100% accurate. Our RIM rep is stating that if you have a valid support agreement, a trade-up license key will be given when the time comes to switch to BB10.
    06-07-12 01:27 PM
    That is not 100% accurate. Our RIM rep is stating that if you have a valid support agreement, a trade-up license key will be given when the time comes to switch to BB10.
    is that at No Charge ?
    06-07-12 01:29 PM
    RIM should be doing this for free for anyone, support agreement or not. They need to remove any reason for a company to dump BES, and making them pay more to go to BB10 is definitely a good reason.
    06-07-12 02:38 PM
    RIM should be doing this for free for anyone, support agreement or not. They need to remove any reason for a company to dump BES, and making them pay more to go to BB10 is definitely a good reason.
    Yes ... and no.
    RIM must not be perceived as a "oh please, don't quit me I'm begging you" company.
    This is enterprise stuff and RIM will probably have more trouble to handle than benefits to take. Then (the yes part) BES Express should be extended to offer FULL support of balance/fusion within a limited number of users, so that companies can ride a "try before you buy - or stand until you toggle" policy, with a minimal amount of change. This means BESX should be enabled to operate in // with an actual BES server. (Am I dreaming here ?).
    06-18-12 02:12 AM
    Ugh I have heard word if this as well. It spells the end of our BES environment methinks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    06-18-12 02:42 AM
    What's funny, is that it will cost folks more to go to a new environment, quite a bit more instead of buying new fusion CALS for bb10 devices. Also besx is a free service as are the licenses and to expect RIM to just hand out free licenses for new devices on a completely new service that you have been already getting for free is just silly.

If you don't have a support agreement, and are taking advantage of a free service with free licenses from RIM, do you seriously believe you are owed anything for contributing nothing?

Am I missing something here
    06-18-12 10:02 PM
    Well speaking of BESx, has anyone caught wind of what will replace it in BB10-land? I mean, I CAN go ActiveSync if I have to but I love all the other goodies I get with BES.
    06-18-12 10:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD