Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    I've got a lanyard of them for trading.
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Regarding the new Gamepad API.

I'm sure a good few of you are aware that an API was included to use Bluetooth gamepads (Steelseries Free, Gametel, Wiimote to name a few) for games made with the NDK, but this raises some more questions for someone like me. What about USB controllers over a host adapter, and what about complex games that would benefit from the use of a controller's analog triggers (like a 360 wired pad, or the original Classic Controller's shoulder buttons for the Wiimote)? How would those be utilized or come into play?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,714 Global Posts

You might appreciate the following articles/videos concerning the new gamepad API that got released today. They may answer your questions (or not?):

BlackBerry 10 Gets Support for Wireless Gamepads – Shows Off What Devs Are Creating - BerryReview

You can also check out Blackberry's Tutorial on the Gamepad API here: Tutorial: Create the Gamepad application - Native SDK for BB10 - BlackBerry Developer

The Blackberry developer blog has information as well that was posted today: Adding Gamepad Support to Your BlackBerry 10 Game «BlackBerry Developer Blog

There's a video embedded in the links as well about Unity 4 playing Shadowgun in which the Z10 is hooked up to a TV via HDMI and the individual is playing the game with a gamepad. I'm not sure what model of gamepad the person is using.

To sum, currently, the following gamepads are supported: the SteelSeries Free; the Gamete;, and the the Wii Remote (core buttons on the remote itself are supported – that means no attachments and no motion controls, just the D-Pad and other buttons).

I am looking very forward to this type of gaming.
    The Z10 will be my last BB phone; switching platforms.
    CrackBerry Abuser

This is how I thought the way gaming would go. seeing how good the games are on tablets and phones I expected it would be only a matter of time before the causal gamer would would hook up the phone/tablet to the Tv and use a controller with physical keys/joy stick and play the games. Die hard games would still buy consoles. I myself have moved from being a hardcore gamer to now a causal gamers, thus will not be buying any of the new consoles that are coming out.