Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,576 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Quick settings

I couldn't find this anywhere, has anyone noticed whether bb10 has a swipe down from the top like the playbook to access all the device settings?
    Carrier controlled updates is the worst smartphone spec of them all
    Nexus 4
    CrackBerry Abuser

It operates in a similar way. A swipe down from the top (whilst in an app) brings up the app options/settings. A swipe down whilst on the active frames or app grid screen brings down a tray containing quick settings for things like wifi, bluetooth, silent mode etc. It also contains an icon that will take you to the full device settings.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,282 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_F View Post
    It operates in a similar way. A swipe down from the top (whilst in an app) brings up the app options/settings. A swipe down whilst on the active frames or app grid screen brings down a tray containing quick settings for things like wifi, bluetooth, silent mode etc. It also contains an icon that will take you to the full device settings.
    Extremely annoyed that they left out "GPS" settings in the quick settings.. It's something that I toggle more than bluetooth as it's such a battery drain.. Such a shame.. Wonder why they are STILL failing to recognize this need..
    Hi, I'm Alex Bass - Website Designer, App Developer & Owner of CyberBytes Inc.
    I made the BFB Certified App Web Design Cheat Sheet using Native Cascades. The App is Free - More Info About WDCS
    ___

Web Design/Development Channel - C000BEB17 | WDCS App Channel - C000BEB17 (Sneak Peeks, Leaks, and More)
    Personal Twitter - @Flip4Bytes | Company Twitter - @CyberBytesInc
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by flip4life4751 View Post
    Extremely annoyed that they left out "GPS" settings in the quick settings.. It's something that I toggle more than bluetooth as it's such a battery drain.. Such a shame.. Wonder why they are STILL failing to recognize this need..
    It's still beta software so nothing is final until Jan 30. It isn't there currently but that doesn't necessarily mean it won't be come launch.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,160 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_F View Post
    If that's the case, then it's too bad the quick settings are not readily available from within an app. You'd have to go out and back in to the app to adjust a setting which detracts from the no "in and out" messaging.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by notafanboy View Post
    If that's the case, then it's too bad the quick settings are not readily available from within an app. You'd have to go out and back in to the app to adjust a setting which detracts from the no "in and out" messaging.
    In the instance you specified it would simply be a swipe up (to minimise the app), a swipe down (to bring down the quick settings tray) then a tap (to go back into your app). Much quicker than it would be currently. But from my understanding all relevant app specific options/quick settings will be shown when you perform a swipe down from the top (whilst in an app). So it may work as you'd want - it's just down to the developer.
    CrackBerry Abuser

this is off topic, but my 9900 turns the gps on and off automatically.
    I keep it off, but when an app needs it it gets activated until the app closes.