Quick questions from an Apple user....
So I had a BB9700, Then a Torch then BB9900 before switching to Iphone 4s in January of last year. I now have the Iphone 5. While I loved the Qwerty and email app, the processing power, form factor and ICloud integration drew me in. Yet, I can't type on my Iphone 5 and I'm not a heavy app user, don't like/use Siri, I hate the Mail app (I use Gmail on the Browser instead). I've been checking with Crackberry for the past two years, waiting earnestly for BB10. I'm really impressed but I had a few questions about the phone I can't seem to find answers to online -- they are more niche and things I do regularly on my phone. Thank you in advance if you can help with this...
1. Are you able to wirelessly stream your music? Like can I select an external audio source to play my music library through?
2. Are you able to synch your ITunes library with the BB10?
3. Are GIFs supported in text/BBM?
4. Is there a Kindle app for BB10 yet?
5. Is the Facebook app comparable to Andriod/IOS?
I like that I have one device for music and phone now, whereas I used to have an Ipod Touch. I am willing to go back to two devices for that, with ICloud integration and also controlling/using my phone with my Apple TV, but wanted to see if anyone thought Blackberry would have some sort of Cloud feature soon as well?
These questions may seem lame to some, but they are things I do/use regularly. I sincerely appreciate any feedback.
- 02-06-13, 09:53 AM #2
Let me answer what I can......
Yes the cloud feature, aka Box and or Dropbox are both intregrated with BB10. You can also select Box to automatically be the source folder for all your pictures and videos. (great for saving device memory) You also have the option to use this feature over wifi only if you're worried about carrier caps.
This will become even more awesome as the PlayBook gets BB10 and we should be able to what you iOS peeps do and seemlessly move files between devices. But no, it is not that way YET
I streamed music via the BT in my truck and it sounded good to me.
The FB app is amazing (coming from a 9900 I think so anyway) very feature rich, I love the layout and accessible options.
There is a reader app for Kindle, but I don't use kindle so I'm not sure how good it is. Personally, I'm waiting for Kobo to get off their asses and make an app.
I'm going to make a gif pic just to see about that question....has me interested. If no one answers this one soon, I'll update.
- CrackBerry User
02-06-13, 11:00 AM #4
- 30 Posts
1. from what i understand if the external audio source supports dlna then yes you can stream your music wirelessly
2. yes you can i have already done so with mine
3. think so not 100% sure as i haven't tried it yet
4. kindle app is confirmed and is coming out, however; it is not out yet
5. in my opinion the Facebook app is comparable to the ios/android version
Thanks very much for all the replies and checking to see what works and what doesnt. Yes, I know about the Gmail app but I couldn't get it to stop auto-updating and was draining the already very weak battery. The replies here have helped to push me towards Z10 when it comes out stateside.
- By zrxoa1 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 9Last Post: 09-17-12, 12:52 AM
- By tk338 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900Replies: 19Last Post: 10-04-11, 11:40 AM
- By GlitchZero in forum Desktop SoftwareReplies: 0Last Post: 11-10-10, 01:03 AM
- By ceevee in forum BlackBerry Curve 8900Replies: 5Last Post: 02-13-09, 03:24 PM
- By jimdogg187 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 06-11-07, 05:04 PM