Why do you still chose BlackBerry 10 over ios/android.

-What features on bb10 is superior to Android/ios.

-what features that are on bb10 would you like to see on Android?

BlackBerry os is the quickest os iv ever seen. Now thinking to buy passport.. still worth with ? I have a PB and z10. Z10 not fast... is passport quick!?

Thank you

Posted via CB10
    09-11-16 11:43 AM
    Everyone will have their own opinions and means of measuring, but for me two things stand out where no other OS comes close: security and communications. Mind you these are based on my security and communications needs.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-11-16 11:48 AM
    The phone works. I am cheap. Don't feel like learning a new OS and transferring everything over.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    09-11-16 12:02 PM
    The phone works. I am cheap. Don't feel like learning a new OS and transferring everything over.

Posted via CB10
    Hahahaha

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-11-16 12:53 PM
    Hahahaha

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    And gave up on apps lol.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-16 01:03 PM

BlackBerry os is the quickest os iv ever seen. Now thinking to buy passport.. still worth with ? I have a PB and z10. Z10 not fast... is passport quick!?

Thank you

Posted via CB10
    If you don't know by now you will never know...

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.2.858
    09-11-16 01:07 PM
    If you don't know by now you will never know...

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.2.858
    Umm I'm asking for their opinion... I have a z10.. I'm asking them why bb10 is their better choice over android in terms of feature... it's what they prefer, not me!

Posted via CB10
    09-11-16 03:07 PM
    1. For me, I like the BlackBerry 10 hub integration. I do not want to open and close separate apps. Even the android BlackBerry Hub is still not fully integrated in my opinion.

2. I also like the notification customization with Power Tools such as being able to change the notification led light, number and duration of vibrations.

3. Integrated file manager is still better than ios or Android in my opinion.

4. There are also some apps that are ONLY found on BlackBerry 10

Supertube / Fasttube YouTube app: There are native YouTube apps on Android and ios, but they come with ads, inability to download videos,and no background playback. I enjoy these features on Youtube for one time payment of $3 for the app.

Blue Touch Pad: the only Bluetooth touchpad/keyboard app that does NOT require a third party software installed on the computers. It is a very useful app that I use everyday.

Power tools app: with added functions such as automatic notification change based on GPS area, WiFi, or Bluetooth. Speech integration that reads out loud the messages. Advanced interactions that puts the phone on the silent mode when the phone is held upside down, etc. Little functions make for a very useful app.

5. Hardware Repairability
    The first gen BlackBerry 10 phones (Q10, Z10, Z30, and Q5) can all be easily repaired. No glue in the build, easy removal and replacement of any broken parts. It is as easy as it gets. This cannot be said about the modern Galaxy or HTC phones with tons of superglue inside the phone. I want to pay $100 or $200 to a repair ship thugs for a simple broken screen or a failed battery. The Passport and the Classic do have glue in them which is why I did not buy them.

6. Hardware micro SD and battery expansion.
    Micro SD expansion is a must for me so the Iphones will not work for me. And since my BlackBerry Z10 and the Q10 come with removable battery, they not only can be fixed easily should a battery fail, but I can install a bigger battery with the aftermarket bigger battery cover for the times I need a larger capacity battery. There are virtually no phones being made with EXPANDABLE battery, not even from BlackBerry themselves.

All in all, I am happy with BlackBerry 10. I have other things to spend my money on, so I do not want to get new phones that often.

Otherwise there is the security of BlackBerry 10 as well, I can click on whatever link on the b Internet and be confident that whatever adware is not going to work on my BlackBerry 10 devices. There will be newer security compromises for ios and Android from black hackers. But no one will bother making them for BlackBerry 10 because they don't know about it. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-16 03:14 PM
    I'm an old dog who hates new tricks. Switching to BB10 from OS7 was as far as I planned to go until it stops functioning.

My wife and daughter have iphones and they are often frustrated by lack of expandable memory and being tethered to itunes and the app store.

I also like tinkering around with sideloads and leaked OS when available. If it doesn't work right, half the fun is the R&D to get it to work.

Posted via CB10
    Joey Hutchison likes this.
    09-11-16 03:44 PM

Thank you

Posted via CB10
    The keyboard and toolbelt of the Classic.

To properly answer your question, i'd probably have to have used an android. After that, I could list exactly what I was missing.

And yes, the passport will be much, much quicker than your Z10.
    Try to find a passport to test out, and see if you like the layout of the 3 row keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-16 10:12 PM
    For is personal preference to use BlackBerry 10 over Android and IOS.
    I think Android should have the following features:
    1) the same interface as BlackBerry 10, not the "so digital one" that gives you the feeling that nothing is stable. When you browse the BlackBerry 10 OS you have nice layers like reading a book.
    2) home button to be replaced by swipe gesture as on BlackBerry 10.
    3) capability to use many apps in the background and being able to go from one app to another any second you want without app freezing.
    4) I don't want apps to load advertises when I don't use my phone.
    5) Android is using too much battery in comparison with BlackBerry 10, I don't like that.
    6) real file manager integrated in the OS. Not a 3rd party file manager.
    I think I don't like anything on Android and I like everything on BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-16 01:29 AM

Thank you

Posted via CB10
    In my case, it is simply due to the fact that I have fully functioning Q10s and as such I have no need (nor desire) to spend money unnecessarily.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    petekohn123 likes this.
    11-02-16 05:06 PM
    For me is that I want a physical keyboard phone, compact, good battery life, os that works in real world tasks, integration and function without the need of any other third party apps and, major for me, call quality.

I choose the q10 for daily tasks but I have a passport for the weekend...

Bb10 is simply a no gimmicks os, fast even on 3 year old hardware, designed for real world tasks and usage. It's simply brilliant!

Oh and I use windows 7 on my laptop with BlackBerry blend and link. It's great to have control of my phone when I'm on my laptop and I can simply access any file on it over bb10 file manager, even if I'm in china.

You just understand it when you try it. And since bb10 used phones are so cheap why not get a 50 dollars q10 or z10 and try out?

Posted via CB10
    anon(9984597) likes this.
    11-02-16 05:25 PM

Thank you

Posted via CB10
    If I had to get a new phone today, I'd get another Passport. It's in a class of its own and plenty fast.

Q10 (SQN100-3 : 10.3.2.158), Passport (SQW-100 : 10.3.2.2474)
    11-03-16 07:53 PM