Some of the BB10 devices are signed with SQN or STL 100-1 to 5.

First question:

What does it mean exaclty?

Second question:

if I have a BB10 (who has SQN-100-3) device, can I use and install BB10 OS software which is signed for the SQN-100-2 only and does it matter or not?

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 12:37 PM
    SQN is the Q10
    STL is the Z10

You can use any variant of the SQN for the Q10 but the radio file would be the one you need to make sure works with your carrier.
    07-22-14 01:01 PM
    STL and SQN are named so because mostly they have another name while in development (ie. Passport has developer name Windermere).
    The S, I don't remember what it stands for
    The T stands for Touch, or the Q stands for Qwerty
    The last letter normally is the first letter of the development name. (ie. Z10 is London, so STL100-x and Z3 is Jakarta, so STJ100-x)

The 'x' which is the number that stands after the model name and all (ie. SQN100-x) is normally used to distinguish a model from that device version. It's easier to distinguish a model and what bands it uses by looking at the model number, which is why those exist.

As for the differences, all models from one device series can use the same software (ie. If software leaks for the SQN100-1, the whole SQN100-X series can use it), but you will have to use the correct radio that works for your carrier. Same goes for the STA100-X, SQR100-X etc.
    Only one that doesn't use this rule is the STL100-X series. They are all the same except for the STL100-1, because it uses a different chip and therefore uses different software and radio. The other STL models however do use the same software. Thus STL100-1 software won't work on the other STL models and software for the other STL models doesn't run on the STL100-1.

Hope I explained it all well and someone corrects me if I stated something wrong

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 01:03 PM
    Thanks for explaining the naming convention Eldricho

So I think:
    Stl London
    Stj jakarta
    Sqn nevada
    Sqr rainer
    Sta arista
    Sqc Classic?
    S?w windermere.
    07-22-14 01:25 PM
    STL and SQN are named so because mostly they have another name while in development (ie. Passport has developer name Windermere).
    The S, I don't remember what it stands for
    The T stands for Touch, or the Q stands for Qwerty
    The last letter normally is the first letter of the development name. (ie. Z10 is London, so STL100-x and Z3 is Jakarta, so STJ100-x)

The 'x' which is the number that stands after the model name and all (ie. SQN100-x) is normally used to distinguish a model from that device version. It's easier to distinguish a model and what bands it uses by looking at the model number, which is why those exist.

As for the differences, all models from one device series can use the same software (ie. If software leaks for the SQN100-1, the whole SQN100-X series can use it), but you will have to use the correct radio that works for your carrier. Same goes for the STA100-X, SQR100-X etc.
    Only one that doesn't use this rule is the STL100-X series. They are all the same except for the STL100-1, because it uses a different chip and therefore uses different software and radio. The other STL models however do use the same software. Thus STL100-1 software won't work on the other STL models and software for the other STL models doesn't run on the STL100-1.

Hope I explained it all well and someone corrects me if I stated something wrong

Posted via CB10
    Okay I understand now what you're telling me.

My career is T-Mobile Dutch NL. I'll take the Verizon Official updates via Sachesi.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 01:29 PM