I have a question in regards to the Balance feature in BB10. First off this seems like a great feature and I'm going to have to look into it more if it can do what I hope it can do.

I don't have an IT department, I'm not involved in any enterprise endeavors or anything along the lines of hat Balance is really aimed at. BUT I like the idea of being able to separate elements of my life into nice tidy draws. So if I don't have someone administering the app catalog and whitelisting what apps I can use do I just have the catalog available to me or is possible to enable it somehow.
    02-04-13 08:43 PM
    You'll first need to set up a BES account to make it work. Some have opted to set their own up at home on a separate tower though.
    02-04-13 08:51 PM
    and if I want to go that route then I require a specific data plan? or do normal plans still work?

Edit: Nevermind, I'm not paying 3000 dollars to get balance to work
    02-04-13 08:53 PM
    and if I want to go that route then I require a specific data plan? or do normal plans still work?

Edit: Nevermind, I'm not paying 3000 dollars to get balance to work
    lol... Really? haha... I believe that the BESx is still offered. It's not as feature rich, as I believe it is mainly used for secured email, not device management, and not sure if it would enable Balance or not, but it's a free program with a small monthly fee per device used. I honestly don't know enough about it all to give you a definitive answer though.
    02-04-13 09:43 PM
    There is no longer BESx as active sync is the replacement solution. BES10 is a free download but require CALs. Good news is the bes4 and bes5 cals can be traded up for free till the end of year.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    02-04-13 10:29 PM