Question for people with a Z10
My old BB 8800 had a fantastic basic text editor that was one of the OS's default applications. Does BB 10 have a similar application?
I'm not interested in the Documents To Go word processor, I know it's there but a word processor is not what I want.
I forgot to mention that I did search the blackberry world and find a number of text editors. I am wondering if BB OS 10 has a text editor as part of the default base of applications installed. IE a text editor made by Blackberry, not a third party one that can be added later. The editor that was part of OS 5 or 6, whatever was on my 8800, was completely awesome.
- CrackBerry Abuser
02-05-2013, 03:15 PM #4
- 352 Posts
Nothing basic like Notepad on windows built in , but natively there is Remember an advanced version of the memo pad on bb os6, what's wrong with docs to go?BlackBerry since 2008
Bold 9000 -> (phone so bad I can't remember it...) -> Torch 9800 -> Z10.
PlayBook 16gb wifi
Docs to go is fine except I don't want or need a word processor. I need a text editor and I loved the built in one on my old 8800. It had all the features that are really important to me but none of the fiddly crap that a word processor brings with it.
I know it sounds weird that of all the other cool features on the new phones and os, I care about the text editor but the one on my 8800 was *the* reason I used that phone until it fell apart.
Also, since there's no trackball, how is text selection, cut, copy, paste and rearranging text in bb10?
- By bobauckland in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900Replies: 6Last Post: 03-04-2012, 12:12 AM
- By Deathcommand in forum BlackBerry Bold 9650Replies: 8Last Post: 05-26-2011, 12:20 AM
- By Hoggles in forum BlackBerry Pearl FlipReplies: 5Last Post: 07-09-2009, 01:49 PM
- By JFossTheBoss in forum BlackBerry Curve 8900Replies: 8Last Post: 04-20-2009, 05:23 PM
- By mlo22 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 6Last Post: 08-02-2008, 07:04 PM