Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Question for people with a Z10

My old BB 8800 had a fantastic basic text editor that was one of the OS's default applications. Does BB 10 have a similar application?

I'm not interested in the Documents To Go word processor, I know it's there but a word processor is not what I want.

Thanks!
    CrackBerry User

Yes, there's quite a few notepad style apps for the Z10 in BlackBerry World.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

I forgot to mention that I did search the blackberry world and find a number of text editors. I am wondering if BB OS 10 has a text editor as part of the default base of applications installed. IE a text editor made by Blackberry, not a third party one that can be added later. The editor that was part of OS 5 or 6, whatever was on my 8800, was completely awesome.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Nothing basic like Notepad on windows built in , but natively there is Remember an advanced version of the memo pad on bb os6, what's wrong with docs to go?
    BlackBerry since 2008
    http://www.tumblr.com/blog/matthewcsutton
    Bold 9000 -> (phone so bad I can't remember it...) -> Torch 9800 -> Z10.
    PlayBook 16gb wifi
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by bert106 View Post
    Nothing basic like Notepad on windows built in , but natively there is Remember an advanced version of the memo pad on bb os6, what's wrong with docs to go?
    Sorry, I'm afraid I didn't understand exactly what you said.

Docs to go is fine except I don't want or need a word processor. I need a text editor and I loved the built in one on my old 8800. It had all the features that are really important to me but none of the fiddly crap that a word processor brings with it.

I know it sounds weird that of all the other cool features on the new phones and os, I care about the text editor but the one on my 8800 was *the* reason I used that phone until it fell apart.

Also, since there's no trackball, how is text selection, cut, copy, paste and rearranging text in bb10?