Hey guys!

Just want to start of with that i've been reading the forums since I first joined, but havent posted anything! (Previous BB Storm owner).

I have a quick question for those of you who have the BB10 phones.

Could any one of you please tell me if the option for the Norwegian language is there? With that I mean both the phone language and the typing language.

Thanks in advance guys!
    02-01-13 12:26 PM
    I see "Norsk". Is that it?
    02-01-13 01:49 PM
    Yes it is! So its there?

Thanks for the help!
    02-01-13 02:49 PM
    Norwegian "bokm�l" is available as device language - all text in menus etc,.. it gives you ��� as options directly on the keyboard - not having to keep keys pressed to access those weird special Norwegian letters, ...

The only thing that is not "Norwegianized" ... yet... is the Voice control - she understands a few languages - but not from any Viking countries :-)
    02-01-13 03:19 PM
    Wow thats good! Then my next question is, how do i get those letters on the Q10 (when it is released because thats the phone im getting).They dont specialize those keyboards with our ��� letters :/
    02-01-13 04:29 PM
    Wow thats good! Then my next question is, how do i get those letters on the Q10 (when it is released because thats the phone im getting).They dont specialize those keyboards with our ��� letters :/
    Then you keep key pressed, - pressing "A" - will give you many options - like "� � � � � �" etc... similar to OSX ML and other systems
    02-01-13 10:41 PM
    Aha, I understand! Good thing that the Q10 will learn how I type, so hopefully I wont have to keep those buttons pressed any longer than the first week!

Thank you for your help!
    02-02-13 10:49 AM
    Aha, I understand! Good thing that the Q10 will learn how I type, so hopefully I wont have to keep those buttons pressed any longer than the first week!

Thank you for your help!
    I write in Norwegian, German and English every day - sometimes two languages in the same mail, and the keyboard really adapts - and learns which words I usually type after each other etc, - so there is not much need for keeping buttons pressed.

That being said - how this will work on Q10 remains to be seen - since the ease-of use keyboard on the Z10 uses a slide-up motion to select words,.. with "real" keyboard - that is not possible....

I have been a BlackBerry user since 2004, and always relied on the keyboard - but after using the Z10/DevAlpha for a years time - I don't think I want to go back... I see No reason why use a hardware keyboard.... After 1 week of typing and swiping - you and your phone will be "bonded" and learned enough from each other to make it all very easy. :-)
    02-02-13 11:25 AM
    I write in Norwegian, German and English every day - sometimes two languages in the same mail, and the keyboard really adapts - and learns which words I usually type after each other etc, - so there is not much need for keeping buttons pressed.

That being said - how this will work on Q10 remains to be seen - since the ease-of use keyboard on the Z10 uses a slide-up motion to select words,.. with "real" keyboard - that is not possible....

I have been a BlackBerry user since 2004, and always relied on the keyboard - but after using the Z10/DevAlpha for a years time - I don't think I want to go back... I see No reason why use a hardware keyboard.... After 1 week of typing and swiping - you and your phone will be "bonded" and learned enough from each other to make it all very easy. :-)

When it comes to the Q10, I've seen that you get those predictive words over the keyboard. So instead of flicking them up like on the Z10, you just press the word you want. So far I've seen that you get three word suggestions, but I have no idea if you can get more than those three.

I have been a touchscreen user since the first BB Storm, but im really tired of the touchscreen experience. I was just one click away from buying the 9900, but then I found out more about the BB10. Apps are important to me, and therefor I want to try the QWERTY BB10 now, as it gives you the modern platform, with the "old" BB experience.

And I kind of feel that the qwerty phone looks a little more "professional".

Just a question, are you Norwegian? I thought I was the only BB fanatic in Norway! :P
    02-02-13 12:25 PM
    When it comes to the Q10, I've seen that you get those predictive words over the keyboard. So instead of flicking them up like on the Z10, you just press the word you want. So far I've seen that you get three word suggestions, but I have no idea if you can get more than those three.

I have been a touchscreen user since the first BB Storm, but im really tired of the touchscreen experience. I was just one click away from buying the 9900, but then I found out more about the BB10. Apps are important to me, and therefor I want to try the QWERTY BB10 now, as it gives you the modern platform, with the "old" BB experience.

And I kind of feel that the qwerty phone looks a little more "professional".

Just a question, are you Norwegian? I thought I was the only BB fanatic in Norway! :P
    Ha ha ha - � nei du - det er flere av oss... Men - jeg er ikke i Norge for tiden :-)

I forhold til 9900, forvent omtrent dobbelt s� lang tid mellom hver opplading... yepp.. min 9900 gir "nesten" en full arbeidsdag, (veldig aktiv bruk) - mens min Z10 har det bra helt til leggetid...Min kone har ogs� en Z10, hun f�r 3 dager bruk p� hver lading... Ikke helt d�rlig med tanke p� skjerm, st�rrelse og prosessor....
    02-02-13 03:43 PM
    Hehe, godt � se!

Jeg er en ganske aktiv bruker av sms, facebook, twitter og whatsapp. Min iPhone holder i ca fra 05:00 (st�r opp ganske tidlig for jobb) til ca 19:00 med ca 20% igjen. Regner med at Q10 overg�r dette, og da holder det for min del!
    02-03-13 06:47 PM